1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins and Crowder agreed to multi-year contract

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolfan4Life, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Dolfan4Life

Dolfan4Life BostonStrong

May 3, 2008
    Germany
  2. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    YESSSSS!!!!! Thats Sweet! I am very pleased!!!!

3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    :lol:

Now you can stop complaining about the lack of love for the oft-injured, idiotic, thug. :shifty:

HULKFish, unluckyluciano, PSG and 2 others like this.
  4. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well Bell and Goodman are still on my list to re-sign if possible. Although I would still rather have Bell than Crowder if it came down to it but maybe all those guys will be re-signed.

I guess this means the Fins are out of the Scott bargaining ring, meaning it may be Brown they are after.

HULKFish likes this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Nice...Skeet should be happier now...

Our draft board has gotten interesting now..Carey and Crowder were keys.

Kanye West and Skeet84 like this.
  6. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Thanks Dolfan for that info.Great news, now let's get Bell done!!!!!:up::hi5:

"people thank the responses but not the actual post":no:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

huck1974 and Dolfan4Life like this.
  7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I still think it didn't change much with the re-signing. Ayodele is still replaceable and we still need depth. Although, I like Torbor.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  8. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    HULKFish and Styla like this.
  9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I thought it was a three year deal? How could he get 30 million over 5 years?

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    True, but a "coverage" ILB is a rare rare duck Alen, this could mean that Ayodele will retain his job along with CC.

By inference, NT is next on the list..we just resigned Chaning, Ayodele at worst will compete for his job, the last "?" is NT...if we snag one, it could mean Offense is on the menu this draft.

11. PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Great, Great signing. Not much guaranteed, and only 4-5 million a year.

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think you could improve on Ayodele. He's not an impact player IMO.

The last question is NT? How about FS and SS? Yeremiah Bell hasn't been re-signed yet unless I missed something. Renaldo Hill isn't expected back as a starter and we still need a pass rushing OLB to rotate with Matt Roth. I still think ILB can be improved, where Ayodele starts.

like2god likes this.
  13. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Well this is good, and it surely clears up some questions. I really wish that we can resign Bell now. I would also love to keep Goodman but Bell is top priority in my mind.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I could end up being completely wrong here but I'm going to give it a shot and say that the last two years of the deal are voidable or have an option clause. Then you look at the comment regarding low guaranteed money and he may not be making as much as you think.

15. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Nothing like procrastinatin til the last minute.:up:

16. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    boo and yah. and where the hell were all of you at in the crowder sucks threads? now all the sudden everyone is happy???

sorry....excitement is getting to the brain....must...stop....typing...

The Aqua Crush, PMZQ and Skeet84 like this.
  17. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Not sure where they're getting their numbers. It's a 3-year deal. Even Crowder says it's a shorty.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/921820.html

The Aqua Crush and RoninFin4 like this.
  18. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm still here. Never said he sucked, I said he wasn't as good as you guys made him out to be.

The Aqua Crush and finsgirlie like this.
  19. evz

evz Feral Druid Club Member

Woot! Now he can get a new car! ;)

20. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    nice to see crowder back. While not the best LB in the game, he's nice to have around. One less need to fill.

Skeet84 likes this.
  21. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    hm...i never "made him out to be" anything he wasn't....don't make me fight you. i've ALWAYS said in like EVERY post that i've seen potential in him...through UF and all but he's never just fully broken out and lived up to it. that's a fair statement, no? although, comparing him this past year to years before, I do see considerable improvement.

22. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I never said you did. ;)

finsgirlie likes this.
  23. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I coulda lived without him.

24. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    3 year deal sounds perfect. I've said he was overrated by our fan base, and I stand by that. And those who've been ringing his bell as a young talent LB with potential to be great, we will find out if they're right or not.

RoninFin4 and like2god like this.
  25. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia

Don't worry, wait til he drops a sure Pick Six Week 1 and we'll all be posting in the Crowder sucks threads, after all this is South Florida.:lol:

finsgirlie likes this.
  26. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    We need to sign Yeremiah Bell and Andre Godmen

27. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Wow, if the Trio was really looking to fool me, they did a hell of a job...I mean I have fallen for it...hook, line and sinker...

This really came out of nowhere to me. I still think that Scott is a better ILB, but as I've said in the FA conversations the last few days, Crowder isn't a bad choice...and probably cheaper based on the article above...looks like they sacrificed some money for the length of the contract and his ability to stay here (I'm just guessing until we see the terms of the contract)...

I wonder what our secondary will look like next year...maybe Bell won't be re-signed as we have all expected...

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  28. Miamifan1354

Miamifan1354 Not Good Enough.

Jan 3, 2008
    Love it! Now just hope we can get Bell done before tomorrow night.

29. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    I like to read about news. I didn't realize that it was a big "thanks" reward system. Do you get a free TV or something? Does your "thanks" status give a warm and fuzzy feeling of belonging? Do you feel that others on this site or the net as a whole will look up to you if you have a high level of "thanks"?

Thank you to the poster for the info, but I must give the thanks to you. :up:

30. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Its funny, at first i believed he was overrated by the fans, then it seemed like it got "popular" to think Crowder was a bad player, then i started to believe he was underrated by fans.

i stand by original feeling, i like Crowder and think hes above-average ILB with lots of potential left. would love to resign him, but not at top ILB money. if its the reported $4-5 million a year ranged, im 100% behind this decision. SPECIALLY at a 3 year deal. I hope we can get Bell locked up on a 2 year deal next.

31. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
  32. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    So you want thanks too after that great piece here?
    Personally, I don't care if anyone thanks me or not, but it was big news and I noticed the original poster didn't get thanks but responses did. If you have an issue with that too bad, so if there is anything else feel free to send me a Pm and we can discuss it there too.

Nah you don't need to thank me, give it to Dolfan he deserves it.

Dolfan4Life likes this.
  33. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He may be "good enough" though Alen, not every position can be manned by either a #1 or #2 pick or a pricey FA.

G Wilson, G Sensenbaugh, there are a host of Safeties who can do what YBell without the MASH medical history.

Pass rushing OLB...Derek Wake?

ILB...granted, Torbor has a shot, and the coverage ILB is not that difficult to find in the Draft.

Beckwith really comes to mind, but it's not a case where Beckwith is that unique.

And perhaps we trade with Dallas for a excess ILB. or sign K Burnett?

NT though, is the key to everything, our defense revolves around good NT play.

34. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Good signing, IMO.

You guys say what you want, but our run defense sucked against Kansas City when Crowder was gone.

Blame the cold, blame the frozen ground, whatever... I was there, it was damn cold... but if you were moving, the cold wouldn't bother you... The frozen ground excuse is exaggerated too, it's nothing something to point the finger at when it comes to missing gaps and not wrapping up tackles.

35. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I never said that it had to be manned by a top 60 selection or an expensive free agent. And I think if you can improve on a position, you go for it.

So you do think that SS is a position of need? If your considering other options, then you are thinking it could be a need, correct?

He's done zero. I'm not putting any faith or expectations in the guy. For all we know, he could be last years Vernon Gholston or Robert McCune 2.0. We still need a SOLB and possibly a WOLB.

I
    Didn't you just say that they were a "rare, rare duck"?

I'm still not sure of him as a 3-4 ILB. I watch him and I still see him going around blocks but he does hit the right gaps, I'll give him that.

Burnett is a possibility. Bobby Carpenter hasn't done anything to prove that he's worthy of starting. If anything, I think he's a depth acquisition.

Absolutely.

padre31 likes this.
  36. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    SS is a position that is near to a NT, as long as the Player Pro knows that one is needed, they are relatively easy to find.

Is Y Bell that much of an upgrade over a Gibril Wilson?

Is Butler likely to be THAT expensive to sign?

A coverage ILB, a sort of nickel ILB is relatively easy to find, as long as it is recognized as a need to fill slot beforehand.

For example would our season turn on whether Akin A beat out Torbor or Carpenter for the nickel ILB?
    '
    Not likely Alen, small potatoes more or less.

37. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Still a need at the moment though.

Probably not but he may come cheaper.

Not following you here to be honest. Butler who?

There's your difference though. I'm going to assume that your earlier post regarding coverage linebackers was discussing three down 'backers, correct?

Not sure what you mean by turn on but whomever wins the job is the best man.

38. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

As long as its not a bunch of money this is great. He's just not worth signing to a big contract. He is a slightly above average Lb'er who can get better but I doubt it will ever be significant improvement.

Now if they get another ILB next to him who is a stud I'd be estatic!

Coral Reefer likes this.
  39. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Wasn't Crowder quoted as saying it was Miami's loss he wouldn't be back? Now he wanted to be in Miami all along? :shifty:

40. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans

You should wait more than 40 minutes to play this card.

I've previously stated Crowder sucks. I still think we need to upgrade the position.
    Posted via Mobile Device