Dolphins at Bills
631 repliesLocked
"resnor wrote:
No one is blaming the offense.
We are trying to tell you that the offense IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH to overcome the bad defense. That doesn't make sense to you, because you believe that these Dolphins have the ability to contend. You think this is still a good team.
Yes, the defense sucks. But even on an off day from Buffalo, with the offense playing about as good as you can expect, it still wasn't enough.
No one is blaming the offense?
"hitman8 wrote:
Offense is good, not great, and Tua cannot be depended on.
Our problems are a lot bigger than just needing a better defense.
"Deus ex dolphin wrote:
No cap space to add to the defense or for a good backup QB. The window to win for this team is now closed for this season and beyond. If you want to keep building around a fragile Tua, is it realistic to expect a different result?
"resnor wrote:
Dan this offense is supposed to be a powerhouse. Great, we scored 27. 10 in the first half, right? I mean, is that what you expect from THIS offense? This isn't Tannehill and Hartline/Bess. My issue with Tua is I don't think he's physically dependable, and I think the offense tends to disappear when they need to make plays. The drive to take the lead today was great, I'm not trying to throw shade there. But they have got to start games better.
Maybe you don't, but it often seems that you feel that there are no fair criticisms of Tua, and honestly I think that drives some of the responses you get.
"StaleTacos wrote:
They had a very nice safe strategy on offense. Defense played well enough. A lot went right and they still lost.
Keep tanking and draft high.
"Hooligan wrote:
He played solid but, he flubbed another shotgun snap and took a sack.
"JJ_79 wrote:
Of course the D wasn’t but that was to expected before the game. The O played a good game but needed an even better one. What’s your point with my Allen statements?

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
You know, something just occurred to me. For those playing the pick ‘em, no one picked the Dolphins to win. In the first pages of this thread, many (myself included) expected the Dolphins to get annihilated.
So it poses the question, are some of you butt sore because we lost on a last second field goal? Would so many still be so down on this team if we had lost by 20+ points?
The point being, NO ONE expected the Dolphins to be in this game until the very end. Everyone expected the Dolphins to be obliterated and because we were so close in this game, instead of seeing what we did right; what we did well, it’s the same rancor we would have heard if the final scored had been 44-23.
Astonishing!

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
You know, something just occurred to me. For those playing the pick ‘em, no one picked the Dolphins to win. In the first pages of this thread, many (myself included) expected the Dolphins to get annihilated.
So it poses the question, are some of you butt sore because we lost on a last second field goal? Would so many still be so down on this team if we had lost by 20+ points?
The point being, NO ONE expected the Dolphins to be in this game until the very end. Everyone expected the Dolphins to be obliterated and because we were so close in this game, instead of seeing what we did right; what we did well, it’s the same rancor we would have heard if the final scored had been 44-23.
Astonishing!
There was a 70-13 prediction I believe.
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
No one is blaming the offense?
Can you read or are you just blindly quoting posts at random?
If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad
"StaleTacos wrote:
Can you read or are you just blindly quoting posts at random?
I can read just fine. Now, if your message is being misinterpreted, practice your writing skills to clarify your position.
I’m psychotic, not psychic. I can only read what is written, not what’s meant. My subscription to the Dionne Warwick’s Psychic Friends Network expired decades ago.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
So you're admitting that you're a troll. Good...That's a step in the right direction. You've now admitted to it, it's written, these are your words. Confirmation is good. Back on ignore you go.
I honestly don't believe he’s all there. And I’m being serious. His posts are mostly gibberish and nearly unreadable. I think he’s a stroke victim. For real…If he’d admit it I’d stop calling him out for his crazy posts.
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
I can read just fine. Now, if your message is being misinterpreted, practice your writing skills to clarify your position.
I’m psychotic, not psychic. I can only read what is written, not what’s meant. My subscription to the Dionne Warwick’s Psychic Friends Network expired decades ago.
Trolls live to gaslight.
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
I can read just fine. Now, if your message is being misinterpreted, practice your writing skills to clarify your position.
I’m psychotic, not psychic. I can only read what is written, not what’s meant. My subscription to the Dionne Warwick’s Psychic Friends Network expired decades ago.
Where am I blaming the offense for losing in my post though?
If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad
"StaleTacos wrote:
Where am I blaming the offense for losing in my post though?
Calling a master class on how to play offense “safe” and then denying he’s placing blame on the offense is the epitome of gaslighting.
"StaleTacos wrote:
Where am I blaming the offense for losing in my post though?
What does the offense playing safe and the defense playing well enough mean?
To me it seems like you think the offense could have done more and the defense did it's job.
Stop playing stupid.
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
What does the offense playing safe and the defense playing well enough mean?
To me it seems like you think the offense could have done more and the defense did it's job.
Stop playing stupid.
Saying the defense played "well enough" doesn't mean played "well."
You should listen to your own advice and stop playing stupid.
If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad
"StaleTacos wrote:
Saying the defense played "well enough" doesn't mean played "well."
You should listen to your own advice and stop playing stupid.
Dumbest post ever?
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
What does the offense playing safe and the defense playing well enough mean?
To me it seems like you think the offense could have done more and the defense did it's job.
Stop playing stupid.
That’s impossible for him. You might as well ask a Jest fan to not be a mongoloid.
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
Dumbest post ever?
I’m sure he’s just getting warmed up.
I mean, seriously? And some people don’t think he’s a troll. He’s either a troll or one dumb motherfucker.
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
Dumbest post ever?
You should read your own posts more.
If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad
"StaleTacos wrote:
You should read your own posts more.
So what did the defense play "well enough" for? Well enough for what? To win the game? To stay competitive?
"StaleTacos wrote:
You should read your own posts more.
The way he just takes your posts and turns them around on you is a thing of genius!
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
So what did the defense play "well enough" for? Well enough for what? To win the game? To stay competitive?
Oh OK. Good! Glad you do understand the nuance between saying played "well enough" and played "well."
The defense played well enough to stay competitive and win the game. Bass misses the 61 yard field goal, and Buffalo is below their seasonal average (28.8). You also really have to remember how many pieces the defense is missing. You aren't ever going to get excellence out of this unit without any real pass rushing attack. Set the bar lower. The defensive roster just isn't that good.
If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad
"StaleTacos wrote:
Where am I blaming the offense for losing in my post though?
When you say the defense played well enough, you’re implying they played well enough to win ergo, fault lies elsewhere.
Add in the played a nice safe strategy on offense, when your quarterback played a near perfect game implies the offense didn’t play as well as they could have…it was a nice safe strategy.
Even a novice could see the Dolphins defense collapsed and didn’t play well.
My wife’s an English major and for years she’s often said to me, “words matter”

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"StaleTacos wrote:
Oh OK. Good! Glad you do understand the nuance between saying played "well enough" and played "well."
The defense played well enough to stay competitive and win the game. Bass misses the 61 yard field goal, and Buffalo is below their seasonal average (28.8). You also really have to remember how many pieces the defense is missing. You aren't ever going to get excellence out of this unit without any real pass rushing attack. Set the bar lower. The defensive roster just isn't that good.
It really is amazing how you eat up your own bullshit.
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
When you say the defense played well enough, you’re implying they played well enough to win ergo, fault lies elsewhere.
Add in the played a nice safe strategy on offense, when your quarterback played a near perfect game implies the offense didn’t play as well as they could have…it was a nice safe strategy.
Even a novice could see the Dolphins defense collapsed and didn’t play well.
My wife’s an English major and for years she’s often said to me, “words matter”
The narcissism is off the charts.
"StaleTacos wrote:
Oh OK. Good! Glad you do understand the nuance between saying played "well enough" and played "well."
The defense played well enough to stay competitive and win the game. Bass misses the 61 yard field goal, and Buffalo is below their seasonal average (28.8). You also really have to remember how many pieces the defense is missing. You aren't ever going to get excellence out of this unit without any real pass rushing attack. Set the bar lower. The defensive roster just isn't that good.
You are correct, the defensive roster really isn’t that good. We’re missing Sieler, Chubb, Holland and Ohillips to boot however, when the defense gives up 20 second half points after holding the Bills to 10 in the first half, that’s a defensive collapse.
During Tua’s absence on IR, the Dolphins defense kept the team competitive and gave the Dolphins a chance to win, but the offense under Huntley and Thompson just couldn’t deliver. Fault of those losses on the offense but today’s loss? Last week’s loss?
The offense did what it was supposed to and expected to do. The defense did not.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
The narcissism is off the charts.
How am
I being narcissistic? I’m mere saying what I read.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
How am
I being narcissistic? I’m mere saying what I read.
Not you.
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
When you say the defense played well enough, you’re implying they played well enough to win ergo, fault lies elsewhere.
Add in the played a nice safe strategy on offense, when your quarterback played a near perfect game implies the offense didn’t play as well as they could have…it was a nice safe strategy.
Even a novice could see the Dolphins defense collapsed and didn’t play well.
My wife’s an English major and for years she’s often said to me, “words matter”
I disagree with the ergo. I don't think any side is to "blame." I don't think it's a "fault" thing.
The offense DID have a safe strategy. They averaged 5.4 yards per run, which is amazing. They ran often. 19 out of 25 completed passes were around 5 yards or less. I think Tua played perfectly within that framework. I don't think he's to "blame," or the offense is to "blame." I just don't think that offense as constructed is very explosive and capable of putting up big points (35+). I don't blame anyone, just playing within that framework is going to be limiting.
This game doesn't move the needle for me either way. The best thing they can do the rest of the way is tank and draft as highly as they can, and just make sure Grier isn't the man making those picks.
If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad
This thread is locked.