1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Aug. 19 practice notes: Pat White Era could quickly be coming to an end (plu

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Aug 19, 2010.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...-to-an-end-in-miami-plus-video-of-cha-dhenne/

So what do you think? Is he done in Miami?

PhinsRock, muscle979, Bpk and 2 others like this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Maybe he's keeping the Wild Pat under wraps until the regular season.

Tone_E, dolfan7171 and ToddsPhins like this.
  3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    id be pissed if we cut him without atleast TRYING him at WR or kick returner

4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    He does not want to do that, he has said he only wants to be a QB

He will be playing baseball within the year.

dolfan7171, Tin Indian and jason8er like this.
  5. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I hear we're speaking to someone in Cincinnati about Coffman for him........... scratch that; it was a coffin for him. Damn my ears!!!

dolfan7171 and Larry Little like this.
  6. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    That's good. Chase Coffman has done nothing here in Cincinnati.

7. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    At least we'd be paying Chase less to do nothing.

RoninFin4 likes this.
  8. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

He is done in Miami, imo, barring a big surprise.

I wish we could recoup something for him, but no one will pay for this kid.

I know this much, once there is an attitude rift between this regime and a player, it's over (see Matt Roth).

****. What a wasted pick. I guarantee you'll never see Ireland get THAT far out on a limb for an experimental high pick again. Expect safe picks from here on out.

dolfan7171, padre31 and NaboCane like this.
  9. Bpk

P.S. If I see this kid win Grey Cup MVP at any point in the future I will s**t in a tuna can and send it to Parcells.

10. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    He just can't put it together. I'm sad for the guy, but I'm even sadder at the 2nd we'll never get back. Hopefully thisll teach the front office not to reach for gimmick players.

texanphinatic likes this.
  11. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    This regime has done a great job, but Pat White was an awful pick. I understand what they had in mind when drafting him, but it backfired big time.

12. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

You may have to do that. You have to be accurate in the CFL though , it is not enough to be able to run or throw on the run.

Bpk likes this.
  13. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    are you saying we should keep him just in case? :shifty:

Will you be putting a return sender on that package?..... b/c I've rather enjoyed your posts here BPK.

Bpk likes this.
  14. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Why is the prevailing thought around here that any pick/player that surprises is a Parcells' pick, and any that doesn't pan out is an Ireland pick.

It has been noted a number of times that Parcells had said even before the 2009 season that we were going to draft White.

I'm not saying that it wasn't Ireland's pick, but from FA signings to the draft people seem to give him zero credit and yet all the blame.

15. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

You mean like All-World professional Jeff Garcia?

Bpk likes this.
  16. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

They worked him at KR last year during training camp and the two times I went he looked very uncomfortable, dropping quite a few that were right to him.

jetssuck likes this.
  17. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Just like John Beck, he seems to have lost all confidence.

padre31 likes this.
  18. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    He should be. I don't know how much clearer the outcome of this stupid experiment can manifest itself.

I found this interesting:
    That big-money acquisition of Grove is looking worse and worse.

Biggane needs to either get his metaphors right or quit using them.

19. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    My impression was that this was a Parcells pick. He was the one that pushed the WC and had the plan to revolutionize football. And he's always had a slash type QB on his roster. That pick had Parcells' fingerprints all over it.

20. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    It was probably asked of him. I hope that Pat isn't the stubborn type.
    Maybe it's just that Pat wants a chance with another team to play QB???
    The Big3 want to pretend he's still a QB to raise his stock???

21. Bpk

It's both of them, Stitch. In fact, it sounds like it was mainly Parcells who loved him. Totally agree. I didn;t mean to imply it was all Ireland and not Parcells.

I include Parcells with Ireland here. NEITHER will be taking super long risks on picks again for a long while, imo. What did that sign say this year in the dolphins draft room? I can;t remember it, but Parcells put up a draft philosophy sign to remind them not to fall in love with the sizzle instead of the steak. i.e. draft good fundamental, meat and potatoes players. No "Weapon X" b.s.

NaboCane and Stitches like this.
  22. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Who besides that bust Quincy did he have that was a slasher,bro?
    Hostetler,Simms,Bledslow?
    I thought Sparano wanted a change of pace (because we couldn't move the ball) and Lee pretty much implemented it.Never have I seen this kind of offense from a Parcells team ever. Maybe Jerry Jones,but not Parcells.

23. Bpk

Agreed. Mainly Parcells with Ireland along for the ride.

I didn;t intend to exonerate the Tuna... which is why, in my next post, I aid I'd send Parcells a tuna can full of my own very special draft pick as a thank you for selecting White.

-sigh-

I'm not even annoyed at Pat White for being bad. I'm annoyed at him for his ****ty attitude heading into this season. "Personal crisis" sounded like it had everything to do with not being a good soldier who did what he was told with 100% motivation. Where Koa Misi runs into walls because you ask him to, Pat White lost his heart somehow and seems to have either given up or be unhappy with his job here.

Either way, it's his attitude that pisses me off, as it gives him ZERO chance to make it for us after spending a high pick on him.

NaboCane likes this.
  24. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Sucks that we may have wasted a 2nd and 3rd rounder in the last draft.

Bpk likes this.
  25. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Way too much conjecture in this thread. Sure it may be correct, but it might be wrong. We still have no idea what actually happened with White in the first practice. We also don't know what question was asked to illicit this response. Someone likely asked how long Henne would play, so Sparano told them and then mentioned that Thigpen would come in when Henne was taken out. Perhaps if they had asked how long Thigpen would play he would have said about a quarter and then mentioned White. We don't know. Maybe they are keeping him under wraps because he will be used strictly in his own package. We don't know. Maybe he is an afterthought. We don't know. We will find out soon though.

26. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Pat White is our Quincy Carter. Not a good thing.

27. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Anyone want my 'National Treasures' Pat White 1/1 Auto 'NFL Shield' with matching 1/1 non auto?
    What's the current market value on cardboard these days?

28. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Who's Quincy Carter? :shifty:

29. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Seeing as how secretive our team is, until he's outright cut or traded, he's a member of this team. As such, I think they came to an under wraps agreement that White is a gadget and slash guy. If he accepted that role, then there's no need for him to play out of a Pro set if he'll never get a Pro-Set call in game. If so, the only thing that would prepare him for a game is practice. Gadgets are designed to surprise. If we play his play calls, what's the point?

2k5 likes this.
  30. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    ya and albert haynesworth doesnt wanna play nose. tough ****.

31. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Maybe we could swap him and a fourth or third for Mike Vick. And maybe Andy Reid will lose 70 pounds of chin. =\

32. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly, two highly touted College Qb's who just fell flat in Miami.

When the pressure was on, they just wilted, but better to know it now than to find out when it matters.

Ozzy likes this.
  33. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    When we get 21 points ahead in the 4th quarter maybe he can get playing time to raise his value for trade bait.

34. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I remember you reporting that and it was nice to have that first hand account..... and then seeing him in action and him not having great speed and being so small, I stopped entertaining the idea of him on ST. Which IMO even further diminished his value....

As much as I hate to get absolutely nothing out of a high draft pick, I'd be more than willing to take the hit on this one just to get him off of the roster and us away from this "Wild Pat" nonsense.....

Stick with Ronnie Brown, make him a better passer and leave it at that.... there's a blurry line between "innovation" and just plain getting too cute.

White and his little package should be a lesson learned...

Ozzy and NaboCane like this.
  35. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I seriously doubt if they told pat white to try wr he could tell them no and they'd just say ok keep trying at qb.

2k5 likes this.
  36. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Whats sad is that he's not getting a chance to prove himself on the field. We shall see...

37. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    The most obvious name that comes to mind is Ray Lucas who was with the Jets and Pats. You have to remember that Parcells talked about a new kind of offense before he even took the the Dolphin's job. He told both Mortensen and Brandt that he wanted the freedom to implement/experiment with an offense that would revolutionize pro football (his words according to both reporters).

38. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    He hasn't done it yet, in that case.

39. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Keyshawn also had a story along those lines from when he worked with Parcells at ESPN. Something about how Parcells was sure the single wing/wildcat would be effective.

40. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Maybe not the "revolutionize" part, but he has implemented and experimented. And whether he succeeds or not it's clear that he was intending to try prior to even hiring Ireland/Sparano. So for the purposes of this discussion, it shows that White was most likely a Parcells pick.