1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Biggest Losers in Free Agency?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Onehondo, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
  2. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    alex who ?

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  3. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

He's a ****ing idiot.

Bears
    Bengals
    Jets
    Raiders
    Vikings
    Browns

All had worse Free Agency periods. They lost some guys and didn't get who they wanted.

He bases it on one trade that we only would have done if it came cheap. Meaning, we really didn't want Orton that badly I guess.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    If Free Agency consists of only signing players, NE FA sucked. But if we're talking trades, then nevermind lol.

5. Marino1384

Marino1384 Member

Dec 8, 2007
    They weren't even bringing in orton to start in Miami. He would of just been brought in to compete with henne not to start immediately. I don't see how that makes us a loser just because we didn't get a backup qb.

FinsAreLife likes this.
  6. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Orton thing isnt dead yet. I was watching NFLN today and mike lombardi was saying he wouldnt be surprised if we still got Kyle Orton

7. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    We HARDLY had the worst FA period. Maybe a bit of a lackluster and confusing one but we weren't even in the bottom half of the league as far as FA period goes.

8. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I think thats what they might of said but everybody knows Kyle would of bet him out without a problem

9. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Raiders...lost Nmandi and Zach, and still are 10 million over the cap...

10. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Surprisingly, the Bengals gained more than they lost. The Carson Palmer thing is another matter, but they improved their defense a good deal with Thomas Howard, Nate Clements, and Manny Lawson.

11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    According to Scheffter (sp?) this morning on ESPN News, the Broncos never had any real intention to trade Orton. He says their brass knows Tebow isn't ready, and Orton will be starting barring a catastrophic event.

Basically how one views this offseason is based entirely on how one views Henne.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    If the fanbase is so obsessed with Orton, than why don't you endorse they sign off on a 2nd round pick and a player for Orton? cause you know that is probably what there asking and holding out for.

If folks don't want him to do that then they should probably shut up, cause that's probably the reason why Irish has not made the deal..

People are *****ing when the guy has probably handled the situation correctly, bottom line you don't know what the broncos are asking for.

13. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Uh... Orton isnt a FA. So how does not landing Orton make us a loser in FA?

Marco, Trowa, DolfanJake and 2 others like this.
  14. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010
    we are a great team

we are in great shape........

Just forgot about the "Force"

Beware the dark side........use the force.................we don't need FA's......

the "Force" is with us........

Turned over a new leaf...................

DolfanJake likes this.
  15. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    yeah we suck....

16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Um, we got FA's.

I'm guessing you're in the Henne is worse than Lucas camp.

CaribPhin likes this.
  17. Loyal Fin

Loyal Fin Business as usual

Mar 22, 2008
    South Florida
    Rio? Is that you? Lol

I'm so tired of this. The media will soon eat their words about the fins. By the middle of the season, they'll be talking up the fins' defence. Saying how stout it is and all this off-season, "laughing stock of the nfl" talk will be history. The only thing this crap does is polarize the fans. Some fans say, "you see? I'm right, you're wrong!" I just sigh and wait paitently for the season to start so I don't have to listen to these talking heads talk crap about my club.
    "Biggest losers in fa"????? UGH!

CaribPhin and djphinfan like this.
  18. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010
    With the "FORCE" Henne will be great.........we don't need a real QB

DolfanJake likes this.
  19. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    how about Tampa bay ? This guy is ****ing clown shoes

20. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Fine whatever.

Point is, whether we needed to improve the QB or not, we improved many other facets of the team. I just don't understand this doom and gloom I guess. I just don't see where we did anything to be worse than they we were last year. In my opinion we were a 9 win team last year and I don't see how we got worse this year. Maybe we will be worse, but I haven't seen anything from the draft to FA that points to us being worse. Actually the opposite.

CaribPhin likes this.
  21. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I always liked Marvez, was my favorite beat writer. I'm not a big fan of this off-season but not sure it was the worst. But if they don't give new contracts to Langford and Soliai and they leave then I would consider it the worst.

22. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    The same jackwagon who asked Roger Goodell about Brandon Marshall and no CBA discipline after writing a story that Marshall could be suspended for the season, then wrote a story to make it seem as if some unnamed reporter asked Gooddell the question.

That Alex Marvez.

23. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010
    Easier for me to believe in the "Force" compared with what you are saying and a few other's....Your reasoning just doesn't seem to make sense to me and the only thing at this point that works is :

I need to believe in the force to remain positive.............

24. KYDolphinFan

KYDolphinFan New Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Hehe.....jackwagon

25. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Thats my thinking too, how could Miami be worst in FA for not getting Orton when Orton is not a FA? This article he wrote is a huge waste of time and stupidity.

padre31 likes this.
  26. Dr. Mookie

Dr. Mookie New Member

Jul 27, 2011
    West Hollywood, CA
    Are we really that much of a joke? Come on.
    <br>[video=youtube;SP_9zH9Q44o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_9zH9Q44o[/video]

bakedmatt and Kanye West like this.
  27. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    You said it, I didn't

:lol:

28. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    What I don't understand is they should have been shelling out the $$$ hand over fist. Isn't there a minimum this year ? To my knowledge, I haven't heard of any HUGE signings they have done (but admittedly I don't sit around all day and look for FA signings around the league). How are they going to meet that salary floor ?

29. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Salary floor is not in effect until 2013

DolfanJake likes this.
  30. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    The floor you are referring to does not go into effect until 2013 I believe.

31. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Man you REALLY need to stop copying me.... :shifty:

32. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Fine, if they were a "9" win team, then how can Steven Ross justify bringing back a coach, NO MATTER WHAT, that only could get 7 wins out of them ? That is a HUGE failure and lack of leadership on the owner. How do you justify and give your fanbase hope if they see you sticking with a guy that LOST you two games (if we use your number) because of his coaching or lack thereof.

If this IS the case, you do anything but what you did. Fine you didn't get Harbaugh, but what you do then is fire Sparano, and put in Nolan as HC or find another guy, but you don't bring back the same guy that you think lost you two games because of his coaching.

Banging your head into the wall continuously and expecting it eventually feel good and keeping a coach that you believe lost you two games last year are the same thing IMO. Why should the results be any different this year ?

33. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No. We lost 2 games because of a ref raping and the worst special teams fiasco in the history of the NFL, after which our HC, promptly fired the ST coach. I don't put those loses on TS. I still don't see where we got worse this year over last year.

All on paper:

UPGRADES:
    Our schedule should be easier.
    Two big draft picks return on defense.
    We added speed on the offense.
    We improved our LB corps.
    Our defense should be better overall.
    We upgraded our OC.

NO CHANGES:
    Starting QB

DOWNGRADES:
    ???

CaribPhin, djphinfan and SICK like this.
  34. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    your team has a great defense, and added a first round pick thats on fire, JT for a position that we need him to play, an upgrade at the inside linebacker position, and an upgrade at nickel corner..

I think if they come out and dominate, you shouldn't be allowed to cheer abbi..

CaribPhin likes this.
  35. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    How can it not be the Raiders? They got picked apart.

CaribPhin likes this.
  36. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Everytime the Dolphins attempt to sign a FA its always a "situation" with the media. The FO has said they were bringing in competition at QB since the beginning. I see no "situation" .

DolfanJake likes this.
  37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Do you know the jets free agency additions and departures..

The added Plax, a guy thats 34 and hasnt played...Iam sure he will play well though..

They lost Braylon Edwards..Brad smith..Kris Jenkins retired..Jason Taylor who played major reps..

We have had the better offseason than your division rival.

CaribPhin likes this.
  38. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

At this point in their careers, isn't Clement replacing Joseph a net loss for the Bengals? Slightly anyway. With Rivers and Maualuga on the outside, where will Howard play? Or will Rey move to MLB and Jones not be resigned? Barring injury, Lawson looks like a backup to me unless they want him to be a 4-3 RDE.

39. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Now if I could just get you to support Ron Paul.

40. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Can we please stop with the 'great defense' thing? Great defenses create turnovers. Our D has a chance to be great maybe but people keep posting like it's a foregone conclusion. It's not. I think it's a given we will have an above average defense. It's not a given we're going to have some 'great' defense that conjurs up images of the 2000 Ravens or something.

DolfanJake likes this.