Dolphins@Bills, or stop blaming every ****ing thing but Ryan Tannehill

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Disgustipate, Nov 16, 2012.

1. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    I agree that the calls were bad and were costly but the diff is good teams overcome bad calls, bad plays, mistakes and the other team to win. You go into the game know ing the refs are going to blow calls, which is why I was for teh NFL on the full time issue. I think they need to sit and watch each call in teh offseason, review the proiper call based on rule. then work on positioning based on the play, what happens if you are out of position, etc to reduce the # of bad calls. human error is a part of it but do what you can to reduce the errors

but unless you dont have opportunity to overcome the bad calls then you cant solely blame the refs. what if they didnt make the bad calls what would the play calling been then? what chain of events wouyld have occurred? How do you ensure that everythiong else would remain teh same had the calls not been made? I agree I would love to find out, but changing the calls doesnt automatically mean we win

2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That is a full of crap cliche. Refs cost games all the time. When they hand the other team 13 pts while doing what they can to keep your offense stagnant, it doesn't matter how good you are. If refs can't cost you the game, then they aren't important and if they aren't important then you don't need them.

Coaches tell players all the time that refs don't change anything and they say that because they have to keep the intensity and morale up of the team. They know however that refs cost teams games all the time, its why a level headed and calm coach like Philbin can blow his lid at refs.

Enough with cliches. You can see the Bills were given at least 13 pts. You can see Hartline getting decapitated and there's no call. You can see their receiver push off damn near every completion, but Hartline gets called for the same thing. You can see Wake not just getting held, but held down and strip searched. Often there's a singular bad call/non call that screws a team (like the Steeler game) but this was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen from start to finish. It was disgraceful.

ToddPhin likes this.
  3. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Im not hung up on it and it most certainly does mean something. It shows how putrid our offense is.
    I understand that refs can be a big reason a team wins or loses, but these werent instances like the Pittsburgh game or the Green Bay-Seattle game. If we were any good we should be able to overcome one bad call on a kick return. Especially against a team like Buffalo.

4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    It's just a conspiracy theory but it's my opinion that Fin-O, LBsfinest, and Phinsrdbest are traveling the country kidnapping zebra crews with the hopes of crippling our season in a desperate Ireland ousting attempt. :shifty:

PhinsRDbest likes this.
  5. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    that's what she said

about you, for clarification

PSG likes this.
  6. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Why would I be apart of something that may give Ireland another excuse :shifty:

ToddPhin likes this.
  7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No we shouldn't. If your logic was correct, the only good team would be the team that wins 100-0 every game. Which is of course never going to happen.

We did enough to win that game. Again it was a short week. That is very significant. Buffalo's defensive troubles don't mean anything in the context of this discussion. It is a division game, all bets are off. You know division games are different.

Simply put, we are 2 missed FGs and a horribly officiated game from being 7-3.

8. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Look, I get what you're saying. The refs blew a huge call and cost us a TD. But we did next to nothing on offense. That's not on the officials.

And I don't want to talk about the missed FG's. *&^&*%!!!

9. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Dude, It's not the size of the boat, its skill of the skipper and the motion of the ocean.
    Isn't it? Yeah it is.

ToddPhin likes this.
  10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    They blew a call that allowed them to score their only TD. 7 pts difference.
    They also stalled 2 drives of ours where they didn't call PI when Hartline was hit in the back of the head (you can actually see the moment he loses bits of his childhood) and then at the end called OPI on him for no good reason. That's 2 drives we'd have been in FG position or close.
    There were various PI calls that allowed them to keep drives alive where they scored FGs.

Just because there wasn't a single huge glaring **** up like the Steelers game doesn't mean this wasn't on the refs.

11. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    well.... you did manage to get a bun in the oven.... so I guess you're at least partly successful. :lol:

PSG likes this.
  12. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    dude cliche? really I agree yiou cant argue my point but to result to a cheap insult?

Yeah you swayed me, I want a bunch of whiners that blame the refs for losing

13. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    The point you dont get is yes those things happened but the Dolphins had other chances and could have stopped the bills blocked a FG not threw 2 ints late or been basically stagnant on offense teh whole game. Yes teh refs blew those calls but the Dolphins didnt do all they could to win that game

14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I didn't insult you. Its a fact that is a bs cliche.

Refs can and do cost games. We played well enough to win a clean game. There's not much more you can ask of a team on short week against a division rival. If the calls aren't blown we win, plain and simple. Sure in ridiculous insane JMHland we should have just scored 400pts and forced them to score -123pts, but I live in reality. Following your ridiculous 'logic" a team isn't good unless they score every down.

15. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Factt? Yeah thhatt what i said was true. What is cliche about saying offense shouldnt be inept? Or not throwing 2 ints?

If you havee oppportunities you have to execute.

I hope the team doesnt think their perf was ok & simplly blame the refs

16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Who cares what the team thinks? I'm a fan. The coach is going to tell the team whatever he's going to tell them and that has zero basis on the reality of the situation.

Come at this from a different angle: Why do we even have refs?

17. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Dude the calls were bad. But we had opportunities to win.

I am not arguing anymore we scored 14 pts, if anyone thinks we win many games with that is kiddiing themselves. Refs didnt cause that

18. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Dear god, its like I'm talking to a wall. We had 2 drives stalled by bad calls/non calls. 2 that would have but is in or near FG range. How does that not factor in to your, "blah, blah, blah we didn't score enough, blah, blah, bull ****"?

How the hell is Hartline supposed to make a catch when the other team is allowed to put a forearm into the back of his head before the ball gets there? How are any of WRs supposed to make a catch if they are called for ticky-tack OPI?

19. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Talking to a wall is you. You settle on one thing n thats it it is fact to you. Go for it

20. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    2 actually.
    Plus 3 others that didn't bake properly.

ToddPhin likes this.
  21. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    :lol:

PSG, that's what happens when you leave men in charge of the cooking. :chuckle: :p

PSG likes this.