1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins bring three highly productive college linebackers to their headquarters

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article229056244.html

"The Dolphins, searching for front seven defensive help, have brought at least three college linebackers to team headquarters in the past day for pre-draft visits, according to multiple league sources".

Sione Takitaki, who had a team-high 118 tackles last season, including nine for loss, and three sacks. That tackle total included 19 tackles in BYU’s bowl game against Western Michigan.

▪ Maryland’s Tre Watson, who had 108 tackles and a Big Ten-leading five interceptions last season.

▪ Idaho’s Kaden Elliss, who had 278 tackles (including 47 for loss) and 17 sacks, five interceptions and six forced fumbles in 47 college games.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Unlucky 13 likes this.
  2. thetylernator

thetylernator You're as cold as ice, Officer Friendly.

Dec 31, 2014
    That's the second private meeting Miami has had with Takitaki. As far as we know, these are the only other players the team has met with twice:
    • Daniel Jones, QB, Duke (1st-2nd)
    • Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffalo (3rd-4th)
    • Gary Jennings, WRF, West Virginia (6th-FA)
    • L.J. Collier, DL5T, TCU (2nd-3rd)
    • Jalen Jelks, EDGE, Oregon (2nd-3rd)
    • Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech (2nd-3rd)
    • Maxx Crosby, EDGE, Eastern Michigan (6th-FA)
    • Kadar Hollman, CB, Toledo (6th-FA)

And the lone three-meeting-man:
    • Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State (Top 20)

Surfs Up 99 and Unlucky 13 like this.
  3. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Because the first two guys all had just their most recent stats, I at first thought Kaden had 278 tackles last year somehow lol

Sceeto likes this.
  4. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Jennings is a much better WR than he is getting credit for, and will likely be a good NFL player. I love that they're looking at him closely. And Sweat is probably one of the most talented players in the draft. If he's there at #13, I'd love to pounce on him.

thetylernator likes this.
  5. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Ha! I know. Same here. 17 sacks? Ha.

AGuyNamedAlex likes this.
  6. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    It’s funny. For the last god knows how many years the people running the team have said LB isn’t an important enough position to devote significant resources to. This is despite blind Freddy being able to see it was a real problem. Now our coaches look at our LB cupboard and see Alonso, McMillan and Ballage and decide that we aren’t that well stocked at LB.

Count me in as being in agreement with the new regime on this issue.

resnor, Surfs Up 99 and Puka-head like this.
  7. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    The nimnodes who thought that way should have been force fed several days worth of film for one Zach Thomas!, and then his predecessors in the middle back to Buonoconti!

resnor and Surfs Up 99 like this.
  8. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Zach Thomas - 5th rd,
    Nick Buoniconti - 13th rd.

....just sayin'

RevRick likes this.
  9. RevRick

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    And that falls under the ancient dictum "Every once in a while even the blind hog finds an acorn!"

10. RevRick

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    That falls under the "Every once in a while even a blind hog finds an acorn" theorem. Trouble is, I think the blind hogs around here have been the one's doing the drafting for the past almost two decades, and they haven't found bupkis. How many bloomin' quarterback have we been through since Marino retired?????? My ancient (and sometimes porous) memory counts Fitzpatrick as #17!!