Dolphins congratulate Parcells on his hall of fame induction

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Serpico Jones, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    It doesn't matter what you think Parcells looked for or didn't. There's an actual checklist. Henne matched it perfectly.

2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    At the time of writing, of the 7 QBs to win a superbowl in the 2000's, 5 of them fit the criteria (I'm assuming it was Brady and Johnson who didnt?)

3. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm not sure it's really appropriate to do a phillipic on Sparano and Henning. They've got their failings, but acting like they are the worst song played on the ugliest guitar and everything they touched is poisoned by dumbness is a bit much.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  4. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    kaepernick fits that criteria too. but to think that this all he looks at is ridiculous. size, accuracy, smarts, guts, arm strength all play a role.

5. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I get that you have superior knowledge of everything, but you are wrong this one time. Parcells, himself, listed the things he, Parcells, looks for. If you want us to believe you know better what Parcells looks for than Parcells, then I suggest you take that up with him, otherwise, you're being ridiculous.

6. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Philippic - nah. That would have been much more intense. Just an observation about the qualitative lack of perspicacity and ability to teach and take risks in those two key positions for preparing and establishing a young quarterback. With the staff we had in place at that time, Ryan would have much more of a chance of winding up like Carr, Couch, Harrington, et al, than becoming the QB he is today. I have seen far worse coaches in my time watching the NFL, but I have seen many times that number of better coaches.

I think part of the reason Parcells left as he did, beyond the fact that it fit his modus operandi, was that he realized that his style was no longer as effective as it was in the 80's and 90's, and he decided to become an elder statesman, so to speak, of football, as he knew it.

Fin D likes this.