1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins cornering the market on Defensive Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ronnie Bass, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Congrats to Grimes!! One the best FA signings ever for the Dolphins.

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Grimey had been having a down yr by his standards, Det will give him another chance to show how good he is, ditto Finnegan.

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    What? Down year ? Aint know down year, grimes hasn't lost anything explosively and doesn't have the type of character to dog it on or off the field, so any stats early that showed him not being on par with last year was just pure coincidence...just a matter of time before the talent would reflect and flip your numbers.

4. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Maybe a slow start... but he's been playing great the past month or so...

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It doesn't matter if it was coincidental, he was still not playing to par. We saw him slip and fall multiple times over multiple games.

Definitely hoping that is behind him.

6. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I thought in the early games he was not nearly as tough in cover as he was last year.

But, he has picked up and come on recently. The whole set of DBs have been pretty good of late.

Detroit may be their greatest test. Megatron ... no one really can handle him. So, they will get burned but the bottom line is making enough plays to win.

If we can get a rush on Stafford that will make a difference. That is one of the keys to the game. If Stafford has time and can step up in the pocket consistently, it really doesn't matter how well the DBs play, we're going to be hurt because not set can cover the talent Detroit has in the receiving corps for very long.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I dont caergorize that as not playing well, slips will happen throughout the course of the year..there are ebb and flows to every player throughout the year..bottom line his game is the same, you think he was playing poorly, I thought it was just normal stuff and eventually the talent shown thru..hes playing better than any corner in the league, so the fact that you think he just went from playing poorly to the best only makes my position seem more logical.