1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins could go to Colledge

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Jun 27, 2014.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/27/report-dolphins-will-meet-with-daryn-colledge/

He played for Miami coach Joe Philbin for five years when Philbin was the offensive line coach and offensive coordinator in Green Bay.

Silverphin and toto like this.
  2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I thought he was an Eagle now.

3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    According to a league source, the Dolphins have scheduled a Monday visit with veteran starting guard Daryn Colledge, who would provide depth and versatility on a unit still stinging from the loss of center Mike Pouncey.

4. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Hopefully the deal gets done.

5. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    What??????

Colledge was horrible last year. He is washed up,washed out, and sputtering along on an empty tank.

Coax Travelle Wharton out of retirement or just go with the youngsters.

6. toto

toto Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Vellmar, Germany
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/28/4208221/miami-dolphins-to-meet-with-guard.html#storylink=cpy

7. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    Hickey's got a high strike rate for signing the FA's that visit, so I'm expecting we'll sign him, especially with the Philbin connection. It has a bit of a whiff of the Eric Steinbach signing though, experienced ex-OL that Philbin knows and admires....hope it doesn't end up the same way.

8. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Steinbach and Colledge were/are different circumstances where it counts most. Health and durability.

9. MrClean

How many of his games last year did you break down film and analyze his performance?

Triggercut likes this.
  10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    if someone couldn't tell that Eric Steinbach was washed up when he did the workout then I believe that person had a bias that he couldn't get passed...it was obvious..

So that is worrisome to a degree, because I'm family certain it wasn't the GM who wanted him.

11. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm happy about us bringing in Satele for a visit on Monday. This is not an ideal situation obviously but at least we're bringing in a veteran now, instead of waiting until week 4 of the regular season, or week 12. As soon as the Pouncey news broke, Satele was the first name that popped in my head of the FA's available. I applaud Hickey so far. I'm not going to stand on my roof and yell he's the GM of the Year, but he's doing pretty well so far.

77FinFan likes this.
  12. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Three current Dolphins were on the roster when Satele was here in 2008, can you name them?

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Denney, Starks and Garner, sometimes I get him and another backup lineman name that we let go confused...

14. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    2 out of 3... 66%.. that's a D... for DJ

15. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    Add Fields to the list.

PhinsRDbest and Paul 13 like this.
  16. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Bad memories from Satele's time here. Granted, little was solely his fault.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Silverphin likes this.
  17. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Satele and Colledge fall into the same general mold, they're guys who can do the job but don't have the strength to really be quality players. They're good enough to start and if they're in a situation where they are getting consistently to the second level they're pretty good, but they shouldn't be among your best linemen.

I'd like to see what the Eagles want for Mathis at this point.

18. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Denney, Starks, Fields

19. MrClean

Denney, Fields, Starks, Garner. It was 4 current on the 53 man roster in 2008. Garner was inactive every week though, but he was on the roster.

So you're a big silly Polly Wolly Doodle all the day. :lol:

Ophinerated and PhinsRDbest like this.
  20. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

MrClean likes this.
  21. MrClean

Vallos would not excite me at all if he were the one signed. He personifies JAG as well as any current player in the league.

22. Ohiophinphan

What, if anything, do we know about the zone blocking experience/suitability of any of the three candidates? Of any of the other JAG's still on the market? I wonder if they are truly better than Garner/Brenner/Larsen or just more experienced?

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Basically, were fooked..

24. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Unfortunately, there's a reason why these guys are available.

25. Ohiophinphan

Exactly. With a salary cap, no team can afford to have two starter level guys at every position the way big time college teams often do. Besides what quality pro wants to go somewhere knowing they are simply a place holder until the all-pro comes back?

I do think if we are going to have to plug a guy in we should do it at center so Smith can get his feet wet at RG. That way when (if) Pouncey returns this season it does not require more adjustment time getting Smith back to speed at guard.

26. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I think you're just looking for someone to come in, be a veteran, and not be completely terrible. A JAG might be welcomed. As ok as Brenner played last year, you are still counting on 2 UDFAs manning the Center position, and that could mean worse than average play.

27. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Looks like he signed him.

28. Ohiophinphan

Who signed whom????

29. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Miami signed Colledge

Ohiophinphan likes this.
  30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Probably Philbins call here, call me highly skeptical with the lack of judgement he showed last Year wanting to sign eric Steinbach, who was a waste of space and easily identified as such.

31. Ohiophinphan

Ryan Harris was the fourth lineman worked out. A look at his PFW page suggests both he and Satele impressed coaches and also may be signed later.

32. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Like Ryan Harris, he was a kid highly touted coming out of high school, had all the top programs after him, signed with Notre dame, I'm not sure where he's at in terms of injuries but I can tell you that when he was in high school, i haven't seen many kids at that age work as hard as he did going after his dream, kid was on an intense strict eating and lifting schedule, had good fundamentals, was always a bit light but athletic and moved well..has had severe back issues, and surgery so that's why he's probably on the market, 29 year old player, best you can hope for is the back has healed up..don't know why we would sign him with Fox as our swing tackle, maybe sign him and let those two compete for the position, he's def not a guard or center material.

Ohiophinphan likes this.
  33. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Miami Dolphins ✔ @MiamiDolphins

The team has signed offensive lineman Daryn Colledge to a one-year deal. #FinsUp

34. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Hopefully this desperate signing of an older lineman goes better than Clabo did.

35. MrClean

They are not the same player. Steinbach was a year removed from missing a season with a back injury. Colledge has been durable and had no such problems throughout his career. There is no logical reason to assume that Steinbach being a waste of space means Colledge will be too.

36. MrClean

I thought PFW was out of business.

37. Ohiophinphan

Got me again, it was PFT not PFW. I was a long time subscriber to PFW and I must have defaulted to old habits!

MrClean likes this.
  38. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying if joe ohilbin is doing the evaluating on Olineman who have been coached by him, it's hard to trust his evaluation skills considering a washed up has been was begging to be put out of his misery yet he still signed him..lol

39. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Hey now there's a real reason for optimism roc , couldn't be worse that that old ***, non athletic, no strength, paycheck cashing scrub.

40. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Hey Clean, what does PFF say on Colledge?, might as well get that before I dig up some of his reps.