1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins' Crowder trying to replace Thomas

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Puka-head, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    It'll never happen brah, just be yourself, that should be plenty.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=3554568

2. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I ran into a Cowboy fan today and he could barely contain the chuckle at how happy he was to have Zach Thomas.

Puka-head and TheAnswer385 like this.
  3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

He needs to keep talking to Zach a LOT and Crowder MAY become the player I think he could be, and that may be really good. If he keeps up or learns to prepare and watch game film, do all the little things that help make Zach great, then Crowder could be just as good because he has better size and seems to have just as good a set of physical tools.

Question is: does he have the instincts?

Puka-head likes this.
  4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Wouldnt that be great if Crowder could become our next ZT. I dont think anyone will be as great as ZT was, that guy just had the instincts for where the play was going. Although if crowder keeps chatting it up with Zach, and gets his butt in the film room and studies film as much as Zach did... maybe he can really start to live up to his potential.

Puka-head likes this.
  5. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    If you look at his numbers I don't know if we'll ever have another Zach Thomas. There are very few players in the league that can measure up to him. I remember when he first came around I wondered if he woudl be as good as John Offerdahl.

Puka-head likes this.
  6. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Uh... no, he isn't. Channing told reporters early on that he's not Zach and not trying to be Zach.

ESPN: behind the curve. Again.

7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    well yea.....i laughed this story off when I read "when zach thomas was TRADED to dallas"

what did we get in return for him espn???.....jesus do some research :rolleyes:

Puka-head, GISH and HardKoreXXX like this.
  8. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Well we got Fasano and Ayodele for Zach and a 4th in essence. ESPN is smater than us :shifty:

Puka-head likes this.
  9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    nahhh the trade looks better in its original state......a 4th rounder for potentially our starting tight end and starting mike linebacker....

that's looks good :up:

Puka-head likes this.
  10. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    He can replace Zach. he already did! He's playing Zach's old position. He replaced Zach for two games in his rookie season and made the calls when Zach went out with injury.

Will he be as good as Zach is the question. But we don't need him to be as good, there are few that are. We just need him to be good period. I think there is more talent around him than there were the last few years.

Puka-head likes this.
  11. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    i was thinking the same thing. thats the second time ive read somewhere that we traded Zach. Must have been great negotiating on Jerry Jones part. We're in for one hell of an era if this is how Jeff Ireland conducts trades.

Jerry Jones: "Well what do you want for him?"

Ireland: "Well, I was kinda hopin for a starting lineman. But I'll settle for nothing if you play it right."

Jones: "Nothing it is then. Hey missy, {whistles at his secretary} get me Zach Thomas on the line. We just roped us a Texas boy!!! Woohooo!!!"

Ireland: {hangs up phone} "CRAP!!!!"

Bill Parcells: "WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!"

And I guess Zach visited all those other teams just for vacation.

Puka-head likes this.
  12. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008

You know if you imagine Cotton Hill's voice for Jerry Jones it makes that story line much more amusing.

Puka-head likes this.
  13. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Crowder won't ever be the player Zach was. But after seeing his intensity with Roth vs the Chiefs, i am starting to believe he will be a pivitol leader and playmaker for our LB crew, he's the guy in my mind that just will be way too eager on the field not to succeed this year.

Puka-head likes this.