1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins deal for Jake Long looking good

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 21, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    link
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Gigantic KUDOS to the organization for getting the deal with Jake done for the money we did. Blank is an idiot, he overpayed Vick and has done it again with Ryan. Now St Louis and Oakland are going to have a hell of a time working stuff out with their picks agents. If anyone needed a reminder of why Parcells came to Miami instead of Atlanta, there you go, Wayne trumps Blank anyday.:up:

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    thats some pretty good news there. We got our LT, we got a QB, and saved a boatload of cap space. Can't really complain about that!

4. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    link
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3405326

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I'd just like to be tom Condon, or at least getting the commission he's getting on these deals.

This is why Parcells & Ireland worked so hard to sign Jake BEFORE the draft, damn smart move IMHO. And as brandon27 said, we got the #1 pick, AND our QB, for a significantly lower cap hit than one would expect. Major props to our new regime here, it is soooo nice to see SMART management of our team for a change.

ATVZ400 likes this.
  6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    IMO I doubt CLong will be tough to sign. He seems like the kind of guy who just wants to get on the field and play.
    Ryan got that money because of his position pure and simple. Unless CLong changes his position he wont demand (or get) that kind of money. His will likely be a small amount off the deal Jake got.

Can see McFadden putting up a fuss though. But then again Id want lots of money too if I was gonna be playing for Oakland.

7. ColoradoPhin

ColoradoPhin New Member

May 4, 2008
    I just hope our team starts winning....we cannot afford to continue drafting guys in the first three picks.