1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins fans putting $$$ into sellout

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Sep 17, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
  2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    we gotta pack the house.

Take Tuesday off people.

SICK, anlgp and dolphinfn3454 like this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    damn, i hate blackout talk before a big game, this topic was the main reason why i was rooting hard for the victory in atlanta, that momentum would of helped our ticket sales and energy at the stadium, not good for players mentality if they hear about blackout stuff....i hate our stadium.

4. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I'd be pretty surprised if we got blacked out. I know people are painting that picture, but come on, its our first home game, it's on Monday night. If that stadium isn't packed and absolutely electric, I think someone needs to go down there and smack some of these fairweather fans around.

I was counting my vacation time as the season got up, I really wanted to go check this one out :-/

alen1, Frumundah Finnatic and anlgp like this.
  5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Stephen Ross will not allow this game to be blacked out.

6. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

agreed he'll call all his stars that own 1% of the stadium and get them to come together to do some marketing theme song or some ****

"come on it's monday night fins to the left, fins to the right"

oh god i can hear it now.... :pity:

7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Yeah, or he'll just buy the remaining tickets.

8. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    yeah, thats what i was thinking.

9. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    ok. im not hip to this nonsense. What does blackout mean? i was under the impression that it meant you couldn't see the game. but this ones nationally televised. does that mean you guys in south florida will have the monday night game blocked?

10. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    The Dolphins have been offering upper level seats to the three home games to schools' athletic programs. The tickets are $25 and the programs keep $10 from each ticket. I've bought over 10 for various games so far for friends. Great deal and community service, IMO. :up:

Paul 13 likes this.
  11. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Yes..I live in WPB, about an hour north of the stadium. The closest TV coverage you can pick up due to blackout is up around Melbourne (100 miles north of me) I believe. Which is in range of Orlando TV broadcasts.

CitizenSnips likes this.
  12. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Can MNF really get blacked out?

13. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    Only locally, but I don't see that happening. I tried to buy more of the $25 special school deal tickets for my cousins two weeks ago and I was told that only Jets and Buffalo tickets remained.

14. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

If the game doesn't sell out in time, the rest of the country will see it, but SouthEast Florida will not get to see the game on TV. Even on the Sunday Ticket on Dish Network. Sucks doesn't it? We would have to drive 3 hours to Orlando to see the game on TV.

I wouldn't worry too much. Corporate sponsors and TV Ad revenue generators usually come in at the last minute and buy up the remaining tickets, otherwise local TV loses too much ad revenue.