1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins forging road warrior reputation

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatic8480, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    http://www.newschannel34.com/sports...arrior-reputation/IEG1QEUiW0W9WUzc3UIq5g.cspx

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Now, some might interpret that Wake quote as comtempt for the home fanbase.

"Everyone against us"

3. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

This is from Micheal Lombardi aka Miami Backer ...

The Dolphins had to overcome a bad spot, a hostile crowd along with memories of their blowout loss two weeks ago to win their third road game. Those memories can come back to haunt a team if it is not mentally tough enough to block out past failures. The here-it-goes-again mentality can kill a soft team. The Dolphins might be inconsistent with their play, but they are extremely tough, determined and have the mental fortitude to keep fighting even when things do not go well. The result was a victory in Green Bay.

Pointing out how some teams are soft , both in physicality and in mental toughness , and others are not . cough cowboys cough ...

4. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    I'm surprised Dallas is 0-fer at home so far. So much for their circus-style atmosphere helping them out

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    not suprised at all, they have the same problem we do and iam on record as such many time's saying they will have issues at home because of it... Which is a disconnect from their fans because of the way the stadium was built..In both cases, it's not the fan's fault, but the lack of vision by owner's to understand what intimacy in a stadium means, and the residual affect it can have on a team, and a fanbase.

Our team has now got to the point, where they needed to get, on their own, they are now self motivated with a, ''us against the world mentality'', and they will provide their own adrenaline to reach maximum effort....

OB2..Is the solution...A shared stadium between the two most prized possessions in south florida culture..Canes/Phins...built to spec, with one purpose in mind....To indimidate the opponent..

It would pay for itself, and most importantly put W'S in the win column.

Our fan's should not hold a grudge against our young team because of their last 2 home losses, they are figuring sh$# out as a young team as they go...their not quite comfortable in the scheme enough to let go and play free...I just hope that we understand that as a base, come out like we did against the Jets and Pat's, and scream the whole freakin time until they do...

Its really important to this team that they prove something to us, I hope everyone know's that.

were stuck in that place, so we must make the best of it, until someone with vision and balls understands what an economic explosion the OB2 would be.

6. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Hate to be the bad guy but IMO we've been more lucky than good, which isnt a bad thing except for that good luck has no address or phone number. If we were going on the road and dismantling teams that'd be one thing. Instead w'ere squeaking out victories, and we could easily be 1-2 on the road, in which case the sports writers would have to find something else to write about. Sparano said it best: "I don't know if we're a good road team or not, but I know we've won three of em". We're 3-2, we could easily be 4-1, we could easily be 1-4. 3-0 at home & 0-2 on the road is due to circumstance and coincidence, not a tangible ability to perform better in one place or another. JMHO.

7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Just goes to show you that "homefield advantage" really doesn't mean **** in sports.

Maybe in college football, but almost nowhere else. Some think the NBA does, but I've always contended it's because the home team seems to get all the calls in the NBA (plus it's been fixed for years, ahem, Donaghy)

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    It does in Curling. Period.

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  9. Arodgers12

Arodgers12 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Dolphins are 3-0 on the road. I didn know that until after last Sunday.

10. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Mount Saint Charles HOCKEY PROGRAM
    from 1933-1944 record of 160 wins and 7 losses
    from 1976-1983 record of 134 wins and 2 losses
    from 1993-2000 record of 86 wins and 2 losses
    the last 3 years 43 wins 1 loss

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQdd0ovL9HA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQdd0ovL9HA[/ame]