1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Gaslit Flores into insanity

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DonStrockRules, Dec 26, 2022.

1. DonStrockRules

DonStrockRules Member

Dec 19, 2022
    It's just become Obvious to those who are honest about the situation that Flores was goddamned right about SO MUCH.
    He was given so much rhetorical **** from 'We The Fans' (myself very included) for being unable to work with people or recruit good coordinators...
    But, we are Really now seeing what Flores saw on a daily basis and why he had problems working with Tua. All these idiot, bonehead plays that Tua has been making are plays Tua was making in practice day after day, mixed in with great throws here and there. Flores saw Tua's inability to read coverages and his defense was probably fooling Tua regularly just like the Packers did Sunday.
    It's pretty obvious to me that Flores must have been brutally butting heads with Grier and I can almost guarantee that Grier Made Flores start Tua against the Rams in 2020.
    Flores is a Serious Man who took his job and his career Very Seriously and he quickly realized that that he was surrounded by Ninconpoops!

We KNOW that Grier, when it comes to the job he's in, is a TOTAL POS!! He might be nice to grannies and puppies but he is a walking Dumpster Fire and he Sabotaged Flores to a mindblowing degree.

There's NO WAY Flores wanted Tua. For someone like Flores, football is a science and scientists follow the Data.
    ALL THE DATA in the World suggested Justin Herbert was a Slam Dunk choice. Every available metric that goes into projecting success...Especially a 20 pt difference in Wunderlic score on top of Ridiculously Better physical characteristics, suggested Justin Herbert was the right guy.
    Grier as 'Bama fanboy is the Death of this half-decade, or more, of Dolphins football.
    This team is going to be irrelevant until 2026 at the Earliest!

I can get into Really ugly reasons about why Grier couldn't get himself fired if he Literally burned the place to the ground (as opposed to metaphorical burning he's been doing for almost 20 years, failing upwards over and over).

But Ross and Grier together are flesh and bone Destroyers of this franchise like when Satan (Harvey Keitel) told Dan Marino in 'Little Nicky' "Sorry, Im a Jets fan".
    Stephen Ross does more damage to OUR TEAM than any evil actor could do on purpose.
    If the goal is to Wreck The Place, Ross is a Genius! Grier is the best Accomplice To Murder imaginable!

2. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Brian Flores was a terrible head coach and person. Now he's an assistant towel boy on the Steelers.

3. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    I think it's telling when the Dolphins can only win one more game this season and have added this much talent by mortgaging their future. God damn. It's possible they lose more games. How can Grier pretend he should have a job?

resnor and hitman8 like this.
  4. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Terrible coach and person according to who? Tua and Grier? Most players liked Flores and played hard for him, he just didn't have a lot of tolerance for Tua and Grier's stupidity.

5. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Feel better now HM ?

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Terrible person? Wtf? Youre way out of bounds on that. Because he didnt think he can win with Tua that makes him a terrible person? There are players around the league that still respect Flores. You dont know him personally, he has no criminal history and is a family man.

canesz06, resnor and DonStrockRules like this.
  7. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    He is a really poor head coach that wanted to mortgage the future for a sexual predator which is going real well for the Browns

Bumrush, dolphin25 and Ronnie Bass like this.
  8. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    The entire organization was all in on Watson. Folks got to stop scapegoating Flores. Really buying what the billionaire paid for you to believe.

resnor and hitman8 like this.
  9. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    Yeah but that doesn't make him less bad. Grier should go and Ross is a horrendous owner. Everyone being bad is not a defense of Flores.

Flores also signed off on Tua which doesn't make the decision any better either.

dolphin25 and resnor like this.
  10. Pennington's Limp Arm

Pennington's Limp Arm Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Flores was a fraud!
    We are still paying the price… he is the idiot who brought Boyer here.
    Even with all the flaws…. We moonwalk into the playoffs with a half competent defensive coordinator.

Also hilarious to say Tua was holding him back.
    Tua was winning games under Flores.
    Flores sure as heck didn’t win any games here without Tua.

Dude brought like 18 different players (and PS squad players) and coaches with him from New England. They were all pretty much useless except for one season of Van Noy. Also had a strange hard on for Hunter Long.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  11. DonStrockRules

DonStrockRules Member

Dec 19, 2022
    Youre right. The more I let myself remember, the more regret this thread.
    I do think Flores was Sabotaged by Grier, though. Flores didn't have the stature to go against Ross and Grier's choice (cuz they thought he'd sell more tickets and merch cuz 'brand name').
    When Flores got Tua in camp I think he panicked cuz he saw what we're all looking at.

12. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    You guys are funny- it's one extreme or the other. Flores was a great defensive coach, but he was also difficult to work with. Someone can be both, LOL.

Destroyer and StaleTacos like this.
  13. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    What a difference a month can make. When Tua was an MVP candidate just a month ago leading the league in QBR Flores was the villain. Now he was right all along? Some guys need to just pick a narrative and stick with it.

dolphin25 and The_Dark_Knight like this.
  14. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It became really hard to talk about these problems when the team was winning agaist banged up teams, who were not covering the middle of the field.

Now Tua and his shortcomings are on full display with a complete collapse, 4 game losing streak in December, and all the stuff some of us have been saying for a couple seasons is being shown to be true

15. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Agreed. I don't know how anyone can argue Flores didn't get the most out of his teams in terms of wins. He might have not been Tua's friend, but nor was the owner or GM who both tried to move on from him. The coach saw Tua more than anyone else, and knew he wasn't the goods. Why waste time? Instead Grier won the front office battle, and mortgaged the future to try to prove his 2020 draft wasn't a complete friggin disaster.

resnor likes this.
  16. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    We're out here caping for Flores now?

dolphin25 likes this.
  17. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    But he got the least out of Tua

dolphin25 likes this.
  18. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    The team is more important than Tua. He tried to make it work but ultimately saw Tua for what he was.

19. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    He tried in incompetent fashion. Do you really think this team would have been better of if they handed Flores the keys to do what he wants?

dolphin25 likes this.
  20. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Flores was piece of **** who used the race card to cost us a number 1 pick.
    **** him!

21. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    I think you need an offensive minded coach to win big in this league, which Flores was not. I'm fine with getting rid of Flores for that reason. I think organizationally the much larger problem was and is Grier. This team is MUCH more talented than last year's team due to mortgaging the future, and their win total will be the similar or less. You cannot argue with Flores' results and win totals.

resnor likes this.
  22. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    The beat writers were not fond of him. Many of the players said they could feel a better feeling within the locker room.

23. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    The biggest problem is Ross but yeah they should have fully cleaned house. Flores signing off on drafting Tua and then failing to get anything out of him and wanting to make a disaster of a trade means nobody should talk about him being right.

And no I don't care that they went on a run against against some of the worst QBs imaginable last year so yes I will argue against them. If Tua beating bad defenses doesn't count then Flores beating Ian Book can't either.

resnor likes this.
  24. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    In fairness Ross is to blame there. Yeah Flores could have not snitched but they also could have just not tampered.

resnor likes this.
  25. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Do you think teams are having talks with Sean Payton right now under the table? If you don't, I have a bridge to sell you.

This happens all the time but only Miami gets punished because the big baby Flores cried about it.

26. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    All owners do this ****!This guy is a snitch!
    We will never ever be a head coach again!

resnor, dolphin25 and Tuanon4Life like this.
  27. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    You are disgracing the good name of Don Strock, a Dolphin legend.

I suggest changing your name to Sh*tPoster.

brandon27, Two Tacos and RGF like this.
  28. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    Doesn't matter if they are competent enough to not get caught. Keep in mind Flores didn't reveal anything about Sean Payton. He only revealed the Brady part.

29. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Flores would have gotten the Texans HC job but he threw them into his lawsuit against the NFL. That's how much of an idiot he is.

resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  30. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Or, hitman9 since his other account uses 8.

31. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    To be fair, Flores had Austin Jackson and Liam Eichenberg at LT instead of Armstead and no Tyreke Hill. Maybe his personality dug his own grave but to me the consistent problem is Grier is a horrible GM and has blundered a once in a lifetime opportunity with the Tunsil trade.

brandon27, resnor, dolphin25 and 3 others like this.
  32. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    Sure Grier is no good but its clear he looks to get guys the coach wants. The offensive roster improvements are a result of McDaniel having a clue.

If Flores was here they wouldn't have Tyreek because they would have spent on the picks on a QB who wouldn't have been in the building for most of the season

dolphin25 likes this.
  33. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    I don't think either Flores or Mcdaniels are bad coaches. One is a defensive wizard with little clue on offense, and the other is an offensive wizard with little clue on defense. Overall the end result is the same, we have a barely .500 team. I do however think Grier is a terrible GM who gets the most important decisions and whole drafts wrong. And please quit using the "he just gets the players the coaches want" excuse, that is just a copout for a GM's stupid personell decisions. By that logic GMs will never be held responsible for anything and will always deflect blame onto the coaches.

It's not the coaches job to scout players year round, and it is Grier who has final say over all personnell decisions and draft picks, not the coaches. He is the one who should be held ultimately responsible.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  34. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    McDaniel’s playcalling and game day decisions are much worse than Flores.

35. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    That's bold to say McDaniel's play calling was worse than Flores considering Flores had nothing at all to do with the offense. And, Flores was terrible with timeouts and the clock.

dolphin25 likes this.
  36. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Ultimately the issue with the team is the owner. Ross is the ultimate boss of the entire organization. Grier answer to Ross and Ross only. The entire team, from the coaching staff to the last player on the practice squad is what the GM outs together.

I remember an interview with Jerry Jones one year. Long story short, Jones said in this interview, because of how badly the Cowboys were doing that if he had to fire the GM, he would fire himself. That’s how bad it was.

I just don’t understand how Ross can allow Grier to remain as the GM. The Dolphins have been terrible with flashes of occasional lightening in a bottle since he became the owner. I just don’t see Ross as a true FOOTBALL guy. It doesn’t seem to truly bother him how bad the Dolphins have been.

I know if I were the owner, I wouldn’t care what the GM has TRIED to do. Like the “skipper” penguin from the Madagascar films, don’t give me excuses, give me results. If my current GM wasn’t putting together a team that could win, then I’m getting someone who can.

brandon27, dolphin25 and hitman8 like this.
  37. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Welcome to thephins.com. Where speculation is routinely passed off as fact by some.

dolphin25 likes this.
  38. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Not McDaniel's fault QB is throwing INT or missing open players.

resnor likes this.
  39. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    kinda like America currently.

brandon27 and Dolphin Dundee like this.
  40. DonStrockRules

DonStrockRules Member

Dec 19, 2022
    Yeah, it kind of is. Too many plays are designed to get the ball out under 2 seconds to a zone where a receiver is and a defender isnt. Leaving it up to a QB with very low intelligence to make the correct reads, before and after the snap, is totally on McD.

This team has had 3-4 games End, essentially, because a Miscommunication led to an interception. The 2nd Int last Sunday = 'miscommunication'. Players don't know the plays, or they arent properly taught how to react correctly to what the defense is showing. It's week 15, just past, and Dolphins players are making mistakes that Should've been corrected in July!

resnor and Serpico Jones like this.