1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Gaslit Flores into insanity

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DonStrockRules, Dec 26, 2022.

1. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I don't think that's clear at all.

2. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Its clear because its why they got guys like Jeff Wilson and Sherfield. No way that is all Grier. Some of you are taking exception to his because you are seeing it as a defense of Grier but it isn't. Its ultimately his responsibility and if it fails he is most to blame. Its just that Flores isn't blameless with the roster flaws. He isn't blameless for drafting Tua despite that so many want to claim he was forced on him.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article256841207.html

resnor likes this.
  3. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    No, I just think that when it came to first round picks, Grier did what Grier wanted.

4. DonStrockRules

DonStrockRules Member

Dec 19, 2022
    If Flores truly has his hands on the 2020 first round, then 'F*ck me sideways with a chainsaw for making this thread'.

5. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Oh my GOD! We're not seriously going to do this now are we? Here are the facts, the defense was much better when Flores was here, I'll give him that. BUT...The team never won when it mattered and the defense couldn't stop teams at the most crucial of moments. Blame the quarterback, that's fine, but there were two consecutive seasons towards the end of the year when we were fighting for a playoff spot and the defense continued to let us down under the watch of Flores. I also can't ignore Tua choking both times as well. It happened...He did.

Now... I can't speak personally on Flores because I don't know him, and it really doesn't matter at this point. He's gone...Forever.
    When we first canned him, I was pretty upset. I didn't understand it, then all the rumor BS came out about how he was a terrible person who kicked puppies and hurt Tuas feelings. McDaniels gets here with all his charisma and swagger and the offense starts to really take off. We have a bad month and everyone here starts pile on Tua and McDaniels about it. Sadly, the narrative with McDaniels is going to be that...Well...The offense was great during the early parts of the year, but they couldn't score points in December when it mattered the most. We basically have just flipped sides on this.

Changing lanes here, I just wish every loss didn't signal the doom and gloom of a player/coaches career with you people, but it does and it's absolutely toxic to even be around. Now, I agree...Right now, it's looking pretty bad...Like ultimate complete choke job collapse bad. Tua bumped his head again but forgot about it and then remembered it two days later, now he's out. We paid Ted Bridgewater a ton of money to be a backup and he's been downright AWFUL every time he's taken the field. Yet all of our hopes for a postseason rest solely on him. It aint lookin good. Oh there's Skylar Thompson, who some of you wanted to start right away! He'll probably be a free agent looking for a spot on a practice squad by August. Yeah...$hit looks bad right now. We're probably going to win just as many games this year as we did last year despite the additions of Tyreek Hill, Bradley Chubb, and Terron Armstead.

These things happen in pro sports when teams swing for the fences. In fact, we even talked about this prior to the season starting. Some of the older fans should remember Don Shulas last year here...1995? Gary Clark, Terrell Buckley, Gene Atkins, Randall Hill, Trace Armstrong, Eric Green, Steve Emtman. WE added ALL these guys to a roster that was already pretty damn good led by Dan Marino! This team was predicted to go to the Super Bowl by EVERYONE from ESPN on down to the casual fan. We started the year out blowing the doors off the Jets 52-14...In fact we started the year 4-0 and then lost four in a row. Overall, the team went 9-7 and we got mollywhopped by Buffalo in the Wild Card. Sadly this wasn't my first taste of disappointment with this team. That actually happened January 17, 1993....AFC Championship game...At home...We got beat by who else? Buffalo.

For me, this isn't Flores vrs McDaniel or Tua vrs Herbert. I don't care who is right and who is wrong in all of this, I just want us to win and get in to the postseason. I want to see playoffs, I want to see some stability with a head coach, and for the love of God, I want to see stability at the quarterback position. Look at all the teams that contend on a yearly basis and the one common thing they all share is stability at the quarterback position. The 49ers are the only exception to that rule and that's mainly because of the structure they have with that roster along with a truly elite defense. But looking at teams that always seem to be in the dance over the years, Green Bay with Rodgers, Pittsburgh with Ben before he retired, Chargers with Rivers and now Herbert, The Chiefs with Mahomes, Brady with NE and Tampa, Dallas with Dak, Seattle with Wilson before he turned into Ciara's purse holder, Buffalo with Allen, Baltimore with Jackson, I could go on. You get stability at that position and it seems to always give you a fighting chance to make the postseason. Obviously it's not the all seeing all knowing, but it's even more rare to build a hall of fame defense then it is to have stability at the quarterback position. I honestly thought we were well on our way to getting with Tua. It looked like a done deal, hook, line, sinker, we got our guy, we're going to the playoffs and in four weeks it's all come just crashing down. IDK...Need to win these next two games. Sorry for the novel.

Fireland, Hooligan and Tuanon4Life like this.
  6. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    You aren't supposed to attack posters around here so It would more properly be Poster of ****