1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphin's Ginn lives up to billing

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by calphin, Aug 17, 2008.

1. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Phinz420, WharfRat and gafinfan like this.
  2. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Run Ted Run!!

3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

It's about time we see some of the camp reports work out in game situations, even if it's preseason...

4. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    :lol: Although I really wanted to see Beck succeed, I am elated to see our WR's in love with our starting AND backup QB's. Besides the coaching staff, sounds like the players are 100% behind Henne too.

5. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Maybe Ginn didn't live up to his draft status last year because he was a ROOKIE!
    I mean really, give him a year or 2 in the league before you go making success or bust label for him.
    That said, I though he did a great job last year on a poorly coached team and is really doing great things this year so far.

calphin and WharfRat like this.
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This team has sucked because it has lacked a true leader at qb to follow.

Insert Chad here....

I think ricky really tells it like it is in his own way, he gave all credit to the leadership of pennington, the whole damn team responded.

Respect the code baby...Parcells is a genious

Georgia Fin likes this.
  7. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Whoa now let's see what the Fins' final record is before we say that. :up:

8. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    I cannot even express how happy I am to have Ginn showing up.

Although not the guy I wanted, (I wanted P. Willis or A. Carriker) I supported the pick because what we needed as much on offense as anything was speed. We didn't have anyone who threatened the defense with being a broken tackle away from scoring.

If he can step up and play a major part in this offense and catch 60-65 passes, the process of us winning our division just got shorter.

9. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    What was even better was how he bounced right up afterward like it was nothing! :up:

I hate to get my hopes up before the season even starts, but he looked great last night.

10. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Ginn sure did look great last night, the way he pulled down that high pass over the middle from pennington was pretty damn nice. Hopefully now that we have an experienced, and pretty good QB in Pennington running the offense, and being a leader on the field hopefully these guys get it together and start living up to their potential. What we saw from Ginn last night, is hopefully a sign of things to come all year.

SuncoastFinsFan likes this.
  11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I liked Ginn's performance as a Wr, but the thing he did quitely is on the Jags first punt, they kicked away from him and came out short, out of bounds at our 43 yd line, that set up the TD drive.

Stuff like that to me shows Ginn's value, he can force the other team to do things they do not want to do..

cnc66 likes this.
  12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I love the 2nd catch over the middle where he was seriously exposed, he caught it high then niftly shifted his body to avoid the hit and pick up a few extra yards.

he gets tripped alot though.

13. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    two defenders whiffed on that juke and had a good collision with each other. :up:

14. Yarg

Yarg New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Myers, FL
    I wanted Ginn with our pick last year but was willing to settle with Willis or Carriker if Ginn was taken already.

The player I didn't want was Quinn and I was so glad that when he dropped to us we didn't take him.

Fast forward to 1 year later and now we have both our Backup and Starting QBs secured and Ginn is really showing the elusiveness and ability to get seperation on top 10 DBs thats going to allow him to be our TRUE #1 WR.

Now we have the ability to take some more "meat and potatoes" players in the draft instead of being pressured into taking skill positions players (RB, WR, QB)

15. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I love that Ginn looked impressive and gave signs he's progressing.

HOWEVER, I have to marvel and laugh at how opinions can change 180 degrees on a young player based on one simple preseason performance.

Ginn just went from a player getting criticized as a bust and a reach in the draft to a player being celebrated by those same criticising media reps and fans because of one performance.

Pathetic...... funny but pathetic.

Before any of you go there......

This post is not meant to belittle Ginn's performance at all.
    It's meant to show how media reps and fans should expect rookies to take time in developing their skills and how silly it is to deem them failures so early in the process.

cnc66, DennyCrane and Desides like this.
  16. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Ginn to the Hall of Fame? I think so. He played really well yesterday, I think the committee will take notice.

17. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    Yeah but Merling is a bust. :wink2: