1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins GM fed up with Crowder/Ryan back and forth.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by AquaBlitz, Jun 10, 2009.

1. AquaBlitz

AquaBlitz Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-177/Dolphins-GM-not-happy-with-Crowder.html

Disnardo, PhinsRock, ATVZ400 and 7 others like this.
  2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    As entertaining as its been, its not exactly the way the FO visioned Crowder starting to earn that new contract of his...

We all know this regime likes things pretty tight lipped... Im not surprised one bit that Ireland and company would be ticked off a bit about this.

PMZQ and TiP54 like this.
  3. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

4. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    double post

5. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Eh, I dont think they will be mad at Crowder. They will just tell him to stop. They will tell him to stop, and he'll say "Yes sir" and it will be over. I love the fact that Jeff wont talk about it outside teh team. What happens in the club, stays in the club.

dolphindebby and DOLPHAN1 like this.
  6. AquaBlitz

AquaBlitz Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    :lol: I doubt we see Rex with two lovely ladies like that.

7. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Glad to hear it and about how they are going to deal with it.
    Not saying anything to the media but that they'll simply deal with it.

Players can have a high level of immaturity and need to be reminded about the big picture sometimes. It's expected....... from a Head coach however...... it's just simply sad. Whose going to pull Ryan aside and remind him that he's supposed to be a leader that focus' his players on results rather than stupid BS?

8. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Eh...I think you are being too kind with "lovely" :lol:

9. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    :lol:

TiP54 likes this.
  10. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    It was only a matter of time before the FO said "Enough". Crowder didn't do himself any favors with this whole distraction.

BrazForPhins, Bpk and Coral Reefer like this.
  11. AquaBlitz

AquaBlitz Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Fine, one lovely lady. I kind of like the one of the left :tongue2:

12. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    How can you not love a guy who kicks it with Melyssa Ford (Left).

GIVEM HELL CHANNING!

Nappy Roots likes this.
  13. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

At least Porter's big mouth always came with big stats, Pro Bowls, and a ring.

Channing needs to know his limits. He's paid to tackle people, not to work for the Dolphins PR department as our spokesperson.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  14. dirtywhiteboy

dirtywhiteboy Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Central Fl
    come on guys, cut him some slack. it's obvious he is very passionate about his team. as long as he plays with the same fire on the field (which he does) as he spews at rivals, i'll take that all day long. we need that kind of fire on this team, we have been missing it for a long time.
    i understand ireland needing to reel him back a little, but i think it's great he was able to fire up a rival coach.
    to each their own.

TiP54 and dolphindebby like this.
  15. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Unless he is shoving past them on the way to the buffet line.....

AquaBlitz likes this.
  16. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    He did us one though... :yes:

dirtywhiteboy likes this.
  17. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I like the brash display of attitude and I hope he brings that swagger on to the field. Ryan getting into a pissing contest with a player is laughable at best. I bet he's just aching to pull Crowder's locks like Matt (Girlyman) Light did last year.

dolphindebby and dirtywhiteboy like this.
  18. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Maybe crowder is learning from Joey.

This better be self motivation for himself. As up to now, he has no reason to smack talk IMO. I hope this is crowder comming out of his shell and that it translates on the field, especially when we play the Jets

19. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    If his football skills were half as good as his ability to run his mouth we would have something. Until he proves himself on the field I don't want to hear a damn thing from him because until that day he just looks like an idiot with a big mouth who has never made a big play.

k-bayfinfan and Agua like this.
  20. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I think this is being overblown. I'm not sure Ireland even has a problem with it that much. Good way to distract an opposing rookie HC. There really was no alternative response Ireland could use.

dolphindebby likes this.
  21. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    He has proven to be worth a 3rd round pick IMO. He has proven enough to the FO to get an extension.

Many teams were interested in his services, but he came back to Miami. I don't see how you can't respect that.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  22. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Crowder's a competent ILB, nothing more. He's got an all-pro mouth - granted, he's funny a lot of the times.

23. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Personally I don't think Channing's comments have been that bad. Looking at the whole thing, I think Channing has been the most mature out of the two. Channing comments have been pretty professional, especially with the last comment, about Ryan stating he is preparing but doesn't know who Channing is and Channing responding by saying that Ryan should know him because he is the starting Middle LB for a Divison opponent and did not lower himself to making a comment regarding Ryans comment on being younger and fighting with Channing. JMO though

24. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I agree. I don't think they care that much but they wouldn't want it to escalate and become a distraction. At this point I don't think it has at least for the Dolphins. It may be for the Jets b/c it's their HC, though. At a minimum Ryan looks like the fool. You wouldn't see Bellichek responding like that. He'd probably just say that Crowder is great player and move on to the next question. This is all good for Miami.

25. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I'm not sure what the big deal is... Just some back and forth. I don't think either side is being malevolent. At least it gives us something to be entertained with...

26. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Crowder is a clown off field.
    I don't see the fo being mad at him for this.
    Our team gets dissed on constantly and I for one am sick of it. So, I can imagine how the players must feel.

IMO, a head coach that mouths off is more juvenile than a player.
    I still don't understand him saying he doesn't know Crowder, but he knew about the tats etc. Hmmmm, who's the buffoon here?

AquaBlitz and opfinistic like this.
  27. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    None of that is relevant to me as long as his mouth gets more headlines than his game.

28. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I like that Ireland is stepping in.

29. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Agreed, Ryan looks like the bigger fool.

He's got his dad's mouth though.

30. AquaBlitz

AquaBlitz Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The problem is that Buddy Ryan is looked upon as a legend in the NFL and one of the greatest defensive minds ever. The guy was the brains behind the best defense in NFL history. Rex can only hope that by the end of his career he is looked upon as half the man Buddy is.

31. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Yeah, he was an excellent Defensive guy, and Rex isn't too bad either. Buddy's record as a coach? 51 - 43 - 1.

Sure, it's positive, but its nowhere near any "all time" of anything. It's one thing to be a coordinator, and a whole nother if being a head coach (just ask CamCam)

32. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Yeah? Without him our run defense would have looked like it did versus Kansas City last season.

You say what you want, but you're vastly underrating Crowder. He's not an All-Pro, but he's a good starter.

33. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Crowder hasn't really said anything to denegrate Ryan, that Ryan hasn't already lavished upon himself.

While Ireland may likely be wondering why he would need to "handle this", before Mike Tannenbaum would, given how content Ryan appears, reveling in all the media attention, Ireland may be considering the consequences, of what doing so could ultimately invite.

With Ryan so willing to wrestle in the mud with the players of his opposing peers, what degree of professional tact, might they themselves expect from this unruly, pugnacious sow?