1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins have lost the luster

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PSG, Jan 15, 2012.

1. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
  2. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
  3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

How the mighty have fallen. From the most successful professional sports franchise to the bottom of the barrel. This is what 10 yrs of losing does to your franchise. Until they can find the right combination of GM and HC, add the needed talent and get back to winning, things won't be changing as to how this team and area is viewed...

4. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    If you want to live the homogenized suburban life with 1.7 children and a minivan to drive them to soccer practice, maybe. An NFL coach who is a city boy, can live in the Grove or Gables, Lighthouse Point or Palm Beach, can afford private schooling and is obsessed with activities on the water might think Miami is paradise on earth, as I do.

As to the franchise, it's fixable. To quote Eleanor Roosevelt, it's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. Ross is trying to light a candle. He's missed a few attempts, but multi billionaires are persistent.

5. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    They've become the worst managed team in Miami for the first time. Panthers are in first and apparently made some solid moves, Heat are constant championship contenders, and even the Marlins are moving on up with their shady owner, making some of the biggest moves in baseball. I don't remember the last time I watched a full baseball game and I grew up a Yankees fan, but even I was following what the Marlins were up to.

It's sad, but maybe a good offseason will begin to change it. It seems doubtful at this point though. But we can only hope something finally goes right.

The article should focus a bit less on Fisher though, that's at the bottom of the many terrible mistakes of this franchise. I guess it's just the point that they struck out on a coach they wanted, again.

But it does end saying what we all already know, the QB position is the biggest failure. If we don't fix that we'll continue to be an after thought and mediocre, so stop ignoring it.

6. Daben

Daben Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Well we haven't been winning so no surprises there. Find a QB, go to the playoffs a few times and they start writing about what a great franchise we are. To be honest this stuff is just fluff and not particularly meaningful when it's good or bad.

7. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Best part of that article. Get a real Qb and the Dolphins instantly become relevant again. No matter who the coach is

MonstBlitz and Zod like this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Build a new damn stadium..

Your losing the superbowl every time, the biggest event in sports because your stadium is a morgue, and not built correctly for its sport..

Have the vision damn it.Your losing luster this way and you to need realize what the problem is.

9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I think a lot of the lost its luster part is melodramatic bull****. You are in the top league in the world, yes the world, and can afford to throw money at people. I seriously doubt there is that big of an effect. That line of thinking is more nonsensical thinking from fans IMO.

Rhody Phins Fan and Pandarilla like this.
  10. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Doesn't the renovation process being this year to move the stands closer to the field? I'd figure it should since the Marlins are out of there now.

11. Phyl

Phyl New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Good QB = good team = buzz = selling more jerseys and tickets = happy fun time

Good OL = cross your fingers and pray for everything to work out nicely = no buzz = no commercial success unless wins = the last 13 years of Dolphins football

12. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Exactly, any team in this league can make the playoffs any given year.

13. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    I think there is a big difference between making the playoffs and having a legit shot at the Superbowl and my argument would be Atlanta in both football and basketball they just have middle of the pack teams that will make the playoffs but go nowhere.

14. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    The Lions got their luster back pretty quick. That tells me, just win baby.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

15. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Seriously? The Dolphins stadium is privately owned and there is no way Ross is going to build another stadium with his own money. The people of Miami Dade County already recalled one Mayor because he pushed through the overpriced Marlins stadium, against the wishes of the majority of the voters in the county.

Who cares if the Super Bowl is ever played in Miami again? The average fan can't afford to go to the game and having been to one Super Bowl in Miami several years ago, I can assure you that it is better to watch the game on TV.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the stadium right now. The reason fans aren't going to games now is because of the product on the field, not because the Dolphins need a new stadium. I remember when 75,000 fans used to pack the old Orange Bowl to watch the Dolphins play. I can assure you that the fans did not show up at that old dilapidated stadium because of the comfortable seats, the great food, or the state of the art restrooms. They showed up to watch one of the best teams in the NFL at the time play a football game.

If the Dolphins ever get their act together and start winning games and making the playoffs, the fans will once again fill the stadium.

As far as the Super Bowl goes, they can play it in Detroit every year, as far as I am concerned.

cdz12250, Ozzy and mi2cents like this.
  16. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I agree, to much what happened in the past, to little desire to change SOP, to willing to BEG for a quick fix.

17. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Winning cures all ales. To win, you need a QB. Finding a QB will get us back where we need to be. Is Ireland ready to make the position a priority? I hope so.

18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    "Lets all welcome Riley Reiff and his family to SFL."

19. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Don't forget to add the trade back, then draft a player who does not produce big plays, triumphant announcement!

"We got Hartline!"

:jump:

20. Ozzy

This is never, ever going to happen so you might as well let it go....

21. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Ross is the posterchild for: "Don't play with matches...."

22. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    with the money their losing on superbowls they could build a new one with..The investment would pay for itself in no time.

23. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    They will never get the votes in South Florida or the backing in Tallahassee to build another stadium in South Florida with public money. Ross will never build one with his own money or find banks to do the construction loan.

There is very little wrong with the one we have. All that needs to be done is build the seats closer to the field, for those who go for that, and build some sort of awning to keep the sun off the visitors' side.

24. Ozzy

The surrounding cities are the ones who make the most money from a SB. Not the stadium it's played in...