1. PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

depressing article, but good reading. Thanks Anthony.

Kanye West and Crunkcore like this.
  2. PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    I don't think you spend 2 2nd round draft choices in 2 years to hope a "serviceable" QB emerges.

Although they may not get it right away, I think this regime is looking for a lot more than that.

Kanye West and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  3. jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Serviceable? This isn't the Ravens or Tampa Bay super bowl winners, they're looking for Star.

Kanye West and late again like this.
  4. Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Brad Johnson was a pro-bowler when TB won the super bowl

5. jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Chambers made a pro bowl and people say he wouldn't even be a #2 WR on most teams.

Brad Johnson was pretty efficient that year, I'll give you that, but make no mistake, he wasn't much more than serviceable. Who made the probowl the year before him? Kordell Stewart :lol: with 3,109 yards, 14 td, 11 int.

But I'm not talkig about a guy who has a good season here and there, and is not with his super bowl winning team two years later, I'm talking about us finding a guy who anchors our offense for a decade.

late again likes this.
  6. late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Debates over pro bowls v actual performances aside; saying we're looking for a "serviceable" QB is just not true.
    We're looking for the QB who'll be the face of our team. We want to know that we always have a chance to win the game when that QB is under center. If we're down 2 TDs in the 4th, we want to know that our QB is going to give us that come from behind win.
    Whether or not that guy is currently on the roster remains to be seen; but that's what we're looking for. At least that's what I'm looking for. I shouldn't speak for anyone else.

7. Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Some people are wrong.

Kordell Stewart also had a good amount of running yards

Brad Johnson was a pretty decent quarterback who also looked really good at times.

8. jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Yeah I know. But we're not talking about one year wonders. "serviceable" qbs will have those. We're looking for a star. A franchise. Not serviceable.

Who shoots for mediocrity/decent? You settle for that, not hope for it.

late again and hugoguzman like this.
  9. Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    The point is TB only won a SB when they had a pro bowl QB

10. hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Agreed. That said, I think that serviceable would be a good first step.

11. Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Tampa Bay had two other super bowl/ Probowl QBs in Doug Williams and Steve Young, just not with Tampa Bay.
    Again that "Dan Marino" didn't win a super bowl stuff. Sure he didn't win a super bowl and neither did Jim Kelly and lots of other good QBs. Dan Marino is a great QB and was the last QB to take Miami to a super bowl, even if he didn't win it.

I don't know but I feel confident that this group of coaches and front office people have their priorities right and will find the Dolphins a good QB not just a serviceable one. Maybe not this year but its coming.
    Whomever our QB is he probably wont have to worry about running for his life and having the offensive line pushed back in his face this year.

12. larfo2224 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    Very true about needing a servicable QB instead of a superstar. IMHO, we will have more than decent running backs with Ronnie and Ricky. The offensive line should come together and be a major part of our success. If we can just get the signal caller the time to get rid of the ball, without the fumbling then I believe we will have a chance to see major improvement. Hell, it can't get too much worse.

13. jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Agreed. It's better than we've had. But I want more, hey I'm greedy and selfish. I want the dolphins to be the best :lol: