1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins interest in Mike Williams is interesting

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Mar 26, 2010.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Dolphins interest in Mike Williams is interesting
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...interest-in-mike-williams-is-interesting.html

T[QUOTE the team brought Williams for a visit at the Davie, FL. training facility on Thursday and spent several hours with him.

Williams is a 6-2, 220-pound prototype from Syracuse University. Well, he was from Syracuse University until he reportedly left the team in November. Those reports, by the way, were the result of Syracuse coach Doug Marrone saying Williams quit the team. So the sourcing cannot be questioned. Williams quit the team according to his coach.[/QUOTE]

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Yup sounds like a typical Parcells player.

3. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    They dont want Diva's @ WR but we have interest in this guy?

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He's not a diva, he's just a dumba$$ IMO. I don't mean to sound rude but I don't know how else to portray his actions.

5. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami

The truth shall set you free. Only reason they are looking at these guys is for later round values. As a fan you should expect your FO to look under every stone. It's just good due diligence.

6. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Don't you think thats even worse? Thanks for info

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    My read on him is different Alen, to me he is the sort of cat who just wants to play football, the college life was a trap for him imho.

With him, I'd bet he never missed practice and was probably one of the harder workers in practice..strictly speculation on my part..but that is my take on him from what I've read.

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He's still a dumb@$$ anyway you slice it. He got caught cheating, he got kicked off the football team, he's immature and it showed at the Combine interviews. Many teams felt that he would not own up to his mistakes, instead he blamed everyone else. He struggled academically so much that he had to leave Syracuse, attend a CC and then re-apply.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Honestly, I'm not sure it is. It can be though. I don't think he's a diva because he doesn't demand attention from what I know and he didn't blow up the locker room at Syracuse from what I know. He made a lot of questionable decisions because of his immaturity and lack of support around him at Syracuse. He left everyone behind, family and friends, and he was basically alone at Syracuse from what I know. However, that doesn't make me forget about his troubles.

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Typically though, when a player flunks out they go to a lesser college like Hampton ala Marcus Coker, the fact that he wanted to re-enroll in Syracuse does speak decently of his character.

And how many FSU players have been downgraded from the FSU cheating scandal?

A lovely crop this year, pot smokers, cheaters, incestous teenage behaviour.

11. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Thanks again for the info. My we are planning to take a chance on him if he falls in the draft

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I guess you can think of it that way but while he did re-enroll, he still was a problem. That doesn't speak decently IMO. He talked about how he wanted to help his teammates win games and how he wanted to make up lost time for his teammates because he felt bad. Well, that apparently wasn't the issue. He had some violation before getting kicked off the team IIRC and he had that crazy tweet on Twitter.

13. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    One of the more overlooked aspects is that Williams is very close to one part of his family - not sure if it's mum or dad or sister - and that he was just homesick. Which doesn't bode well for the Raiders if they draft him.

I don't think he's a bad kid on any level and he's not a diva. But he's done dumb things that have cost him money. In bringing him to Davie, Jeff and Brian are finding out what makes him tick, how mature he is and what his little foibles are and whether, ultimately, they're manageable.

14. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I love the way this kid goes after the ball....and I'd be a lot less upset spending a 3rd on a guy like this than Patrick Turner. At least with this kid you know you have a high ceiling as far as talent goes.

padre31 likes this.
  15. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Which player was that attributed to?

16. MrClean

I get the feeling we won't double up on WRs two yrs in a row. I was kind of thinking though Williams would be nice as the 2nd choice at the position. Like, if we added Benn, LaFell, etc in the 2nd, then follow it with Williams in the 6th. Not so sure I'd want him to be the entirety of our addressing WR in this draft.

padre31 and jetssuck like this.
  17. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    He is a really good WR on the field i would love to have him in miami

18. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    He's just reminiscing his teenagers years :shifty:

MrClean likes this.
  19. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007

Tony Washington of Abilene Christian.

Had sex with his underage sister.

Xeticus and MrClean like this.
  20. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007

Couldn't agree more. To me he's the 2nd best WR in the draft on pure talent.

jetssuck and bdhock like this.
  21. MrClean

:sidelol:

Well...he is a Padre and isn't that what they call Catholic priests in Spanish speaking countries?? Methinks you could be on to something here... :lol:

jetssuck likes this.
  22. MrClean

Ok, she was 15 and he was 16. Maybe they're from Oklahoma. I think it is considered ok there. Unless all those Okie jokes I used to hear (but never repeat ;) ) were not true. :wink2:

padre31 likes this.
  23. bdhock

bdhock Old Bricklayer

Mar 12, 2010
    PA
    I have been asking on other boards where Williams ranked on just talent and never got a direct answer. Thanks Boomer, I think in the 3rd round he is worth the risk\reward. We could draft a cleaner WR but if he is not as talented there is also risk in that. Was never a fan of Jimmy Johnson but he once said something like dont let good stand in the way of great. Not to say Williams is great but if someone like Boomer says he is talent wise the 2nd best . I wont complain if we take him in the 3rd.

24. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    He's on the sex register for life, so OK is probably not the word I'd use.

25. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That is a really good point, the lack of production from the 09 offensive draft class has created a logjam, one that will have to be dealt with or the "hope' strategy will have to be employed.

#2 Pat White, #3 Pat Turner, #5 John Nalbone, basically the heart of the 09 draft did not perform in 09...so now what?

What to do now?

26. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree. I think it's his mom?

27. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    it's the #2 and #3 that bother me ..... i believe Nalbone will work out, and we knew from Boom et al, that he was a project - and we liked him so much we used a much higher pick on him than his talent warranted.

what we've learned so far from this regime, that they'll double up in some fashion on a position of need, and that if they do like a player -- i mean really like a player, they will take no risk and make sure they get them.

White and Nalbone were not surprise picks based off of the reporting last year ... what was surprising was where they were picked realizing their capabilities at that time.

28. MrClean

Well, his sister also had sex with someone underage. Is she on the register too?