1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins interested in Boldin?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finyank13, Feb 10, 2010.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    And the ones Miami drafted didn't have great measurements....I mean I could take from this Pads, they were thinking outside the box, and not using just workout numbers as a guide, but rather looking for football talent u know??

2. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Pads your boy is on at 330......in Miami from Move the Sticks, cant listen to it, at work

For those in MIA, I'm going on with "The Big O" at 3:30 ET... talking some Dolphins and draft

padre31 likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well Chris Clemons was the fastest Db at the 09 combine.

Check this one out:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/20...yard-dish-times-workout-results-observations/

Names

Pat White #1 40 yd dash Qb

Korey Sheets #3 fastest Rb

Lydon Murtha #1 fastest Olineman

Kory Sperry #8 fastest Te

Vontae Davis #3 fastest Cb

They do seem to have some preferences.

I'm such a GM geek if we do manage to acquire Boldin for a #3 my first question is not "who would we have drafted' it is "where will Ireland and Gaines find a gem to replace that #3 pick"?

I'm thinking Grice Mullens or Tsoumpas, if either pans out that makes up for the #3 pick surrendered for Boldin, RGM as a kick returner could make Irish look like a genius again.

4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yep, I've got twitter opened in a different tab and when a new tweet happens, the tab has a (1) or however many new tweets have been made since I last checked them.

But gag..the Big Slow as WQAM's draft guru..

5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Ditto for me too...hey you gonna be on?? try and recap it for us, start a new thread Pads and get thanked to death hahahah!!

Antonio Pierce getting cut put a Giant team that was already in need as much as Miami at ILB that much more.....draft day move to ten?? for the G-Men undercutting us for McClain.....ugh!!! I can see it...

6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Big Slow has been going on and on about John Meyer's fling with Jessica Simpson, dude is just the biggest blowhard..:ralph:

Not seeing it, Gmen rarely trade up when it costs too much, if the Jags want a #3 to trade up from mid teens to the #10 I'm not sure they do it.

7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    awesome breakdown, I hoping on Tsou big time, the O-Line while good when healthy is shaky, I always feel like that unit could go downhill at any moment.....I like the avenues Miami uses outside the draft to find players to supplement their draft picks in case one doesnt pan out......

question--if Grice indeed makes the team you think he has what it tales to replace Ginn at KO returner, and if so where does that leave Ginn, rotation wideout only??

8. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami

Just had a realization that made me chuckle hope it does you as well. You know what team always drafts on measurable's? :knucks:

Oakland Raiders

9. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    doubt if bolden will be a dolphin
    too much down-side: age, injury & contract

10. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    yeah dude good call, you cant draft on numbers alone, what makes the draft so tricky, is you have to find the nice divide between the right numbers, and football ability/IQ....that is soooooo tough...if you do the draft is easy...while numbers measure rawness, there is nothing but scouts and their opinion on ability and IQ......I love Jordan Shipley, kid has a future in the NFL---that was random

11. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    dont know dude I am against it for a 3rd, but it seems the FO has the opposite of a soft-off for him.....:lol:

although Holt is on the market!!!!! hahah that guy blows at this stage...

Jaguars release Holt, Tra Thomas, Meier TE

12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

2 injury prone players start on the Oline and Don Thomas did not develop due to injuries and what have you that makes quality Oline depth critical and I do mean all the way down to practice squad depth.

Well, in 08 when Ginn didn't return kicks he had his best season as a Wr, if Grice Mullens or the other 3 players can knock Ginn outta the job then I could see him being a Wr only and having 1 player who returns kicks and punts.

The beauty of the CFL players is they have two years of practice squad eligibility, meaning we can stash them there if they feel they can develop them.

13. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    What I would like to see more than anyone replacing Ginn on KRs if for us to find a better option on Punt Returns. Bess was Horrible last year.

14. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I'd like to see them tryout either Hartline and/or Clemons for PR next season.

15. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Just looked on PFF (They lump PR and KR) they have him rated 274 out or 291..... I don't see how they could do any worse :cry:

16. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That is why we already have 4 players who will challenge for the Returner job LS.

-Ryan Grice Mullens
    -Tristan Davis (practice squad)
    -Kory Sheets
    =Julius Pruitt

If we add Boldin, either Ginn returns kicks and punts, or a Wr is cut to make room for a player who can do that job, in an odd way Greg C's future with the Dolphins hinges on Ted Ginn returning kicks if Anquan Boldin is acquired.

17. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    camp fodder.

18. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    dont forget Cobbs is coming back too this year...

19. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Yes, you can find a starter in the 3rd round, but the question then becomes "Are you going to find a starter on defense as good as Boldin is at WR?". Possible? Yes. But the chances are good that the answer is no, and I'd rather play the odds and have a top receiver like Boldin as opposed to a servicable starter.

jetssuck likes this.
  20. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Basically All this Boldin talk requires you to assume 2 things.

1) You think we will compete within the 1-3 years he is here, for the Superbowl
    2) You do not think he will be injured, his injury if he has one will be minor (1-3 games) and won't cost us our run, or you think our Receiving corps can get by without him if he goes out for the season.

If you don't believe in both of those things, this trade doesn't make sense to you. If you do believe those two things.

There really can't be an argument about his productivity, or his play style.

I'm curious though for some of the people who think this is a bad idea. If he didn't have an injury history, or more specifically his injury chance was no higher than the normal rate in the league, would you still turn down the deal?