1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins interested in former UM linebacker Willie Williams

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolfan4Life, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Dolfan4Life

Dolfan4Life BostonStrong

May 3, 2008
    Germany
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/926668.html

2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    If and thats a huge if, he has his head on his shoulders he has all the talent in the world. As an undrafted free agent I wouldn't mind.

3. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    he'll be a priority undrafted free agent for many teams

4. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Cam Cameron. Willie Williams.

Has to be a sign. Don't get him!

5. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    im not sure how i feel about our interest in him, but hopefully for the sake of him and especially his daughter he has truly turned his life around.

6. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    A lot of punk-*** thugs have procreated and remain punk-*** thugs.

Zod and Coral Reefer like this.
  7. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Thanks for the info, well at least it's some kind of info for the slow signing period for us anyway.

Dolfan4Life likes this.
  8. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    No....NO....NO!

You try your hardest to put character people into place. Parcells said there would be no knuckleheads. This tard is the biggest knucklehead of all knuckleheads! I don't care what he says about turning his life around. I don't care what his agent says about it. I don't care what former coaches say. He has burned every bridge at every stop. He has been in jail more times than should be allowed. He had every chance to do things the right way and people went out on a limb for him time and time again. What did he do? He spat right into their collective faces. So now he has a daughter and that has straightened him up? Yeah...right. There is an old saying, "Don't tell me about character...show me". He has yet to show me. This is a black eye the team doesn't need based on his past and from what he will most likely do in the future. A tiger like him can not change his stripes.

9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    People change man and it takes some people longer than others. I was glad when he left UM but like I said sometimes people do in fact change. You never know. Of course he's yet to show YOU because YOU don't know him. How COULD he show YOU?

10. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Even with Willies freakish athletic skills you only give him an invite to camp as a FA after the draft is over. If he keeps his nose clean and makes the team then so be it. If he shows signs of being the same dumba** as before then you cut bait and it did not cost you much.

Coral Reefer likes this.
  11. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    He showed me by his actions at Miami. Then he showed me by his actions at L'ville. Of course...I didn't follow him once he went to lower level school.

His track record speaks volumes. This team has invested way to much in the turnaround to bring in a person that has a track record like Williams has. These guys have proven time and time again that they can not hold the line in the league. Chris Henry? Travis Henry? Pacman Jones? There aren't enough exceptions to overcome the rule on this one. There is a reason the NFL now has code of conduct policies. It is because of these fools.

Sure, there might be a SLIGHT chance that he has changed. But we heard this before when he signed with Miami. We heard it again at the next stop...and then the next stop. Enough is enough.

12. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    He is one hell of athelete. Think of Cameron Wake. He could easily be our nickle pass rusher. Think Joey, Cameron, and him. WOW! Thing is, I think he will go for the fatest paycheck, and I dont think it will be us. And for those of you who scream no...obviously there is SOMETHING about him if dolphins sent a letter of interest.

13. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    as much as I agree he is a huge risk and I don't think the dolphins should take a chance on him, I will say this. As much as he has screwed up, I hope this is finally the time when he gets it together. For him, but also for his daughter so maybe she will have something other then a **** up to look up to.

14. Dolphinsfan69

Dolphinsfan69 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    God no. Even when he played at Miami, I came away very unimpressed when I watched him. Not to mention the character concerns. Travis Henry also had "kids to take care of" but that didn't stop him from being a turd and now looking at jail time for coke dealing. Williams is just a turd and really hasn't done much since high school.

15. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    In my opinion you keep growing your entire life, and we have nothing to lose by giving him a chance to win a roster spot. Enough is never enough, because when you say that you are telling someone to stop growing as a person because it's pointless.

unluckyluciano and alen1 like this.
  16. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Awwwww c'mon, give Willie a chance.

17. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Not anymore it seems the Dolphins changed their minds .

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnists/barry-jackson/story/1006645.html

TiP54 likes this.
  18. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, bring him in, see what he can do, if he messes up, then cut him.

To be fair, the guy hasn't been in trouble in years normally these guys can last about a year on "best behaviour" then they return to poor decision making.

Like PacMan Jones attacking his club payed for "Security" in the restroom at a nightclub, Williams had 12 arrests or so, but it's been a long time since he was in trouble with the law.

19. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN likes this.
  20. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Parcells? Nah.

21. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    They guy might forget how to throw if he holds a clip board year long.