1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins invoke visions of former selves in home loss to Ravens

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Oct 20, 2008.

1. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Vengeful Odin and mullingan like this.
  2. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Not buying it... While we lost and we had some problems on defense this team is nothing like last years team with no heart, no soul, and no offense or defense..

This team is rebuilt from scraps lying around the NFL. A couple of good parts, alot of parts with major dents... Pushed back into service once again..

The biggest problem on this team is secondary.. We need some safeties and Corners real bad... When our pass rush is on they get covered up as the QB is having a hard time getting the ball deep, but any team that can protect the QB at all will pick our secondary apart.

Next year expect a free agency signing or two in the secondary and some picks spent there early on...

We can only fix some many holes in one year! Our Offensive Line and QB have been upgraded this year.

3. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Yeah, we just can't cover anybody and the only way we have to stop the opponents passiing game is to get pressure on the QB so he can't find the open receiver or throws a bad pass. This is #1 priority this off season.

4. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    I didn't say that we are like last year's team, or some of the crappy teams before 2007.

What I did say is that we invoked visions of the 2007 debacle. If anything, the point of the article is that some of our mistakes (like the pick-6) were the opposite of what this 2008 team has been known for (protecting the football).

5. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    The difference this year is that I still have faith and confidence things will turn around eventually, where as last year I had no hope and only a dread of doom and dispair.

hugoguzman likes this.
  6. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Nice writeup Hugo.

I didn't catch the dropped INT before the Mason TD ... the way we looked on that drive it didn't surprise me that the Ravens scored.

The Pennington Pick 6 is really what changed our game. We became more one dimensional after that, and playing against Baltimore sure didn't help.

I would have liked to seen us make better adjustments coming out of half, but Baltimore came out, and without Ferguson, started bleeding the clock. By the time we finally got back on the field it was too little, too late.

hugoguzman likes this.
  7. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Pennington's pick that got run back was the biggest play of the game but not the only reason we lost. We did not have much of a running game...Ray Lewis and the rest of the defense was fully prepared to stop the Wildcat and we did very little to trick them....our play calling was really bad and conservative. I think Sparano got out coached yesterday, besides the Ravens just playing a lot better than we did.

hugoguzman likes this.