1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dolphins kick the tires on 4 linebackers

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Apr 11, 2012.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    www.profootballtalk.com

Groves is the only one I would be slightly happy about bug none of these guys are what we ate looking for imo

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Goff had some good moments before his injury for the Giants. The Giants still want to sign him which tells you something.

Steve-Mo likes this.
  3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Now looks like Goff will not be going back to the Giants, seems like they are about to trade for Keith Rivers of the Bengals.

4. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Dolphins are scraping the bottom of the barrel to find linebacker help. Looks like they would have been shopping for help in the beginning or the middle of free agency rather than waiting till the end just prior to the draft to add depth. These players are just for depth but if forced into starting roles they wont have much to offer. I know they are trying to address as many needs as possible in the draft but we just don't have enough picks to address all of the needs. I know we have salary cap issues but we must have a lot of dead cap space having as little cap room as we have.

5. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Who else was available, though?

6. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house

this is exactly why ireland needs to go we wont be geting better if the front office keeps having this lets wait and see attitude the wait and see people will be home at playoff time.

7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    All are Will backers or Mike Backers, and some have played inside in a 3-4. It made me curious. I've speculated before they could look at Luke Kuechly at #8. But then I got to thinking, is that the only guy?

I was taking a closer look at guys like Mychal Kendricks and James-Michael Johnson.

The latter REALLY intrigued me as I'd not really looked at him before. It's hard for me to warm up to college linebackers. They're usually not in tune with the ball start to finish, with any consistency. They get blocked by OLs, they misfire and get out of position, there's really only a fraction of plays where most of them see the play, recognize it, and really pull the trigger. All that stuff just gets better with age, experience, film study, etc. Considering it's tough for me to warm on a college linebacker, watching James-Michael Johnson was really a nice treat. I'm not calling him a Luke Kuechly or anything, but the guy is really very good.

I confirmed with James-Michael himself that the Dolphins have shown a heavy interest, and George Edwards ran the linebacker drills for him at his Pro Day.

8. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    I heard Crowder was coming in for a visit next....:wink2:

9. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Is the circus in town??