Dolphins & LT Monroe

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phoenician Fan, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    I wrote about this issue at length when it went down but nobody seemed to get it.

Follow the money!!!!!!!!!!

The owner of the Jags is a greedy *&^%$#.

He took the money under the table for the deal. It is so obvious what went down here. Get a clue.

Maybe if Ross was ever in town he would have given more money under the table.

Maybe if Jeff Ireland wasn't the biggest football idiot in the history of the NFL we would have been players in the Monroe deal.

2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Before I call you crazy I'd like to read said post.

3. Phoenician Fan

Mar 21, 2013
  4. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  5. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Alex didn't even say anything childish or crazy either.

6. Phoenician Fan

Mar 21, 2013
    So it is totally cool for him to call me crazy, but I'm the bad guy for using the word, kid, in reference to a 23 year old. How unclean of you to judge me so harshly for my word usage.

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    He didn't call you crazy. He was actually asking to read about your "insane sounding" conspiracy theory.

Before you get angry, I didn't call you insane either.

8. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

How was asking you your age, judging you?

9. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    Cue crazy overreaction.

ToddPhin and Fin D like this.
  10. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Not even close to the first time either.

And holy crap my pipe dream might come true. How the hell does Ozzie even explain that to their fan base if Monroe gets away after spending those picks to basically rent him.

11. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Some days you get the bear. Some days the bear gets you!

Back to the Crazy stuff.. Philbinfan... I'm 64 and I think that is just about a crazy theory with today's media, instant notoriety and fame, and secret handshakes and winks about leading national security secrets... I'd like to see some background thought on this as well, or you might just come across as one of those "rich guys always cheat" old guys who sit around griping, drinking, and farting while they scratch their bellies grumbling about the sorry shape they're in. Lord knows I've seen enough of them in my life - had to serve communion to quite a few, too!

ToddPhin, DOLPHAN1 and MrClean like this.
  12. Phoenician Fan

Mar 21, 2013
    What was really crazy was trading Monroe in the first place. The Jags are loaded with cap room and they didn't have any young studs that were ready to step up either.

They are now in the same boat as the Dolphins needing 4 new OL starters. The Dolphins had the obvious reasons for their problem but the Jags brought this predicament on themselves, and their actions make no sense whatsoever.

Why does an owner trade his best player for mid-round picks when he easily could have got much much more if he had shopped him.

He did for the money. The seats have getting emptier and emptier in Jacksonville and the dude is probably losing money hand over fist.

He made the move for the money, and he made a deal with the Ravens for a very particular reason.

BTW, I find your crude comments about your parishioners to be in very bad taste.

13. Phoenician Fan

Mar 21, 2013
    It was meant to be a joke. Pardon my pun.

14. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Monroe will be costly but he's young. However, there are several other options as well - Collins; Veldeheer; etc.

The main thing is to get at least one plug and play starter (preferably at LT to help protect Tanny) and possibly two, then go for a top OL in the draft in either the first or 2nd round.

15. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

It's not you're money....and what better for this organization than to anchor the OL?? Something they've tried and failed several times.... I think an OL starting with Monroe and Pouncey could be something this team has needed for years...now that the cancers are gone from the OL, they will have to invest heavily in the OL...starting with the best available is the way to go...

Da 'Fins likes this.
  16. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Supposition, conjecture, and imagination.
    The same kind of stuff we get from some of the sports reporters about trading Wake, Jordan, and Wallace.
    I would imagine that it also has some cogniscential source which eludes the understanding and surpasses the knowledge of us mere mortals.
    Maybe you're right. It is possible. But, again, with the snoopiness of today's reporters and the leakiness of the media...
    Proof would seem to be the ingredient that would make this believable here, and not just a suspicion.
    The NFL is very protective of it's anti-trust status.

Fin D likes this.
  17. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Monroe (26), Albert (29), Veldeer (26) and Saffold (25) all going to be FA's on the 11th. Also guards Schwartz and Beadles, but less concerned about them.

Not sure of Collins (28) status.