1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Madden Roster - Analysis and Observations

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Bpk, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

• Samson Satele is higher in strength AND significantly higher in run blocking than Jake Grove. They have Satele way lower than Grove in passblocking. I think it;s the exact opposite in real life. Shows what EA knows.
    • Sean Smith a 72 catching is far and away the best DB for INTs on the Dolphins roster in the game.
    • Chris Clemons is amazing (higher than Wilson and Bell) in most categories except awareness (which will increase with practice and playting time) and tackling (hopefully increase. Great upside on the kid in this game. His speed and acceleration make him a nice dimeback option.
    • Pat White can really throw on the run, at 90 for Throwing on The Run!
    • Surprised Ricky's Trucking is almost as high as Ronnies.
    • Ginn at 97 speed, 98 accel is going to be killer. They even give him an okat route running score at 79, and Release off the line at 72 (could have been lower, given past struggles with Press coverage)
    • Worth noting that at 40/45 Ginn's Throwing Power/Accuracy are only slightly behind Ronnie Brown's. Ginn could lob a pass or two in Madden Wildcat if you found a way to sub him on an option somehow
    • According to Madden, Camarillo is a better run blocker than Bess, Ginn, or, surprisingly the bigger London.
    • Wow, Ginn has 96 return ability.
    • Patrick Turner with almost the same elusiveness as Bess, in the 70's??
    • Justin Smiley rates better in strength (90) and run blocking (89) than I expected.
    • Jason Taylor only a 79 overall. Wow. what a difference two years makes.
    • Akin is bigger than Channing, but Channing has higher rating in tackling, hitting, shedding blocks, and power moves.
    • Soliai super-strong, and very unaware. Also on the "I don;t know what's going on around me" train is Philip Merling. Funny thing is, I agree. I watched runningbacks run right past those guys in games without them even reacting. Merling usually had his back to the LOS or was on the ground, while Soliai had his face buried against the other guys chest and couldn;t see anything.
    • Just a 70 Throwing Power on Pennington;s arm. Wow. That's a slap to the face for him. lol. And yet, he is STILL more accurate than Henne or White on deep throws n the ratings. It's a good thing Pat White can throw on the move, because he sure can;t throw standing still according to these ratings.
    • We got some slow-*** Tight Ends. Fasano at 67 speed, Martin at 70. Martin good route running, Fasano good hands and blocking.
    • No Cameron Wake or Brian Hartline. I expect to see them with the first roster update before the season starts.
    • Overall, some fair ratings. Some a little low, or odd, as I pointed out, but overall not bad. The Dolphins are not truly an impressive team on paper... yet. If we prove ourselves again this year, our team scores will jump into the 80's instead of the 70's. It seems Madden has made sure that certain types of plays which are typical of a certain player or team WILL happen more. For example, Cobbs has a high spectacular catch score, prolly because of that Texans touchdown. Early blog reviews of Madden indicate the Wildcat is most fun to run with Miami as your team. I'm sure Madden decided to make sure Fan expectations are met. Players you;d expect to be able to do certain things CAN, even if their overall rating is low.
    • Looking forward to playing this.

Big E, GISH, SargeZ33 and 4 others like this.
  2. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    what is Patrick Cobbs rating? All game related websites are blocked at work so I can't check anything out...

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    The 70 throwing power is what will keep me away from the Phins when playing competetively.....:cry:

Bpk likes this.
  4. aboome

aboome Resident Madden God Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Boston
    who needs throw power when you can hit underneath routes all day slant route to the RB all day

GISH likes this.
  5. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Why does EA always does that? I mean, not include some of the late round draft picks on the roster, I mean?

6. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    next time i play, im shooting for 400 rec yards with Chris Wells. I know I can do it. I could probably throw slants to Jake Long in this game.

7. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

overall rating 67 speed 84 accleration 87 strength 66 agility 85 awareness 65 catching 84 trucking 55 elusiveness 75 ball carrier vision 68 stiffarm 65 spinmove 70 jukemove 81

Ultra likes this.
  8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

While his accuracy is nice I need a QB who can chuck it to keep the opposition honest, and those safteys shaded back.

When playing in local tournys or for money I always used Dallas and Romo's arm strength was barely enough for me to function, but my offense was virtually unstopable. T.O and Roy would open SOOOO much up to Witten for 15yds or a flats throw to Felix Jones wich is always nice.