1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphin's Matt Ryan interview from QB's perspective

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Lab3003, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    Here's the link

Jeff Ireland and Dan Henning both went to scope this kid out. According to Ryan, they asked him the most difficult question he's ever been asked in the sport.

"If you didn't make it in the NFL, what do you think would have made you fail?"

Folks, the Dolphins just might be really serious about this guy. And not just to trade him but give the guy a uniform.

ATVZ400 likes this.
  2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

My heavens I hope you are wrong. If we draft this kid I will root for him, but it will not make me very happy. Unless of course he turns into a superstar QB someday for us, which is indeed possible. I just think he is not worth the cost at #1. But if Ireland, Sparano, Parcells and Henning think he's worthy of the #1 spot, I bow to their abilities and smarts.

NJFINSFAN1 and azfinfanmang like this.
  3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Good read thanks

4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

I agree completely PR...and not to start the entire debate all over again, but, he wasnt even "That good" in college. Why should he prove differently in the Pros?:confused2:

5. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Just because they are asking him tough questions doesn't mean they are going to take him. They aren't going to meet with him for show. Just like they did with the coaching interviews of guys like Leslie Frazier they are going to do their work on him. I do believe they are actually evaluating Ryan and doing their due diligence. It would be incredibly stupid not to. If they find out that they really like him and feel he will be a great QB, then he would have to be in the conversation. I really don't think they will find that he is anywhere near the prospects of a Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey though and because of that, I really don't think he will be in the running for the pick.