1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Most Memorable Games of the Decade (article)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Miamifins854, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Any list without the Monday Night Miracle (jets comeback) is hardly a list of Most Memorable Games of the Decade.

Trowa and DolfanJake like this.
  2. Miamifins854

Miamifins854 Finkle is Einhorn

Dec 15, 2007
    UCF
    That is a game some would like to forget, featuring Miami on the losing end of a complete meltdown.

3. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Pretty much spot on imo...when I first saw 10 most memorable games of the decade I first thought of

Playoff win vs Colts
    Comeback against the Bills
    and the Birth of the Wildcat

Miguel likes this.
  4. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    The list is not 'Most Memorable Victories." Regardless of the Dolphins losing it was one of the most memorable in franchise history (much like the game vs the Chargers in the 70s).

5. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    It's his list man let him have it the way he wants it.
    No one wants to see that Monday Night miracle garbage anyways.

Unless of course you are a Jets fan.....

6. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    It's not like I'm making him change it. I know it's his list. He posted it for discussion, I voiced my opinion of the matter.

Get over it.

7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Get over what?
    You're the one who is complaining because a Jets big comeback isn't on the list. :lol:

8. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

It's obviously a list of games that 'Phin fans will always remember and never even want to forget. :shifty:

Trust me, I'd forget that one if I could. :pity:

9. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I didn't realize we weren't allowed to debate here...

10. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Exactly. No one wants to remember that game. It is better to forget it than to put it on the list and keep throwing it back in our faces.

I think the Colt playoff game should have topped the list personally because of the type of game it was and the way we fought hard, stayed in it and came back to win. Great game not just for this decade but for all time.

And no I didn't say it was THE greatest Dolphin game of all time....

11. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Um that is what I was doing. For some god forsaken reason the Monday Night Miracle was mentioned as a memorable game for Dolphin fans and I had to set it straight that it was a ridiculous idea because no true Dolphin fan in their right mind would want to remember that game.
    Explanation good enough for ya? :up:

Trowa likes this.
  12. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I remember the first 3 quarters, one of the happiest first 3 quarters of a game I've ever experienced. Then something happened after that. can't quite recollect.

CaribPhin likes this.
  13. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I hate to agree but I must. Just because you are a DolFan you can't just take the good, you have to include all the bad too. Its life.

14. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

How does Killer's existence create so many fights? Lol.

15. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    There is always a villain and apparently from day 1 here for me I was annointed with that role for my brutal honesty. I unintentionally piss people off because I say things that people don't want to hear I guess. In this thread I think it is ridiculous to say that you have to consider that Jets game as a memorable one as a Dolphin fan. If people choose to do so fine but I'm going to voice my opinion on why I think it don't belong. Simple as that. :up:

16. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Lol. I think it's your pic.

17. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I've thought about changing it any suggestions?

About that Baltimore game. The way Dolphinland reacted you would have thought we won the SB. Nice memory but not really the best of the decade IMO.

18. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Cool article and I know in there it says you were too young to remember some of the early 2000 games...

...But the Phins vs Raiders game where Fiedler dove for a score as time expired to win has to be near the top of that list. It was the first game back after 9/11 and it made the cover of Sports Illustrated. By far my favorite game as a Phins fan.

Stitches likes this.
  19. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

[​IMG]

Ohio Fanatic and adamprez2003 like this.
  20. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    I love, LOVE, that Broncos game. Gasden got smashed in the head on a helmet to helmet collision that started the blood boil. I had it on dvd, and for the some reason can't remember where I put it. :(

21. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    I like your list. A lot of great games there.

If we are talking all of the year 2000 I think we have to add Dan Marino's last win in the playoffs, on the road against Seattle. January 9, 2000.

It was the first time the Dolphins had won a road game in the playoffs since 1972. It was vintage Marino 2nd half too. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e44-Wghe8xc"]YouTube- 1999 AFC Wild Card Playoffs Seattle Seahawks - Miami Dolphins, Part II[/ame]

22. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    In 2002, Ricky's amazing 200yd+ game against Buffalo (in his first ever snow game) was pretty memorable as well. I felt he could've broken the single game record that day with a couple more runs.

FinsAreLife likes this.
  23. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I do agree with every single game on this list but im not sure i agree with what is number one. We all remember that game because it saved what was a miserable season from becoming historic. However, the game itself was not much of a good game and what is remembered is the overtime, not much of the game. It belongs on the list, but in my opinion not #1. Regardless, nice job and nice read:up:

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  24. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

I agree, this was the first NFL game i had ever been to and man i'll never forget sitting in that snowstorm watching Ricky run all over the place.

25. Jeff

Jeff A.S.E. Mastur

Mar 18, 2010
    Plantation
    This: "No. 4: Miami Upsets New England Monday Night 29-28 (2004)"

I was at the fins game when they beat baltimore in OT for their only win of the season, and I'll never forget it.
    But Miami upsetting New England on MNF with soo much going against them? In front of the whole nation, with an interim coach, a team built for Ricky, missing Ricky, a season in shambles, and a head coach that bolted. And we were still able to pull it together and send New England home with a loss. I went nuts.

26. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I thought we were working on banning links to Bleacher Report

27. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    No mention of the asswiping Ricky single handedly laid on the Jets?

[​IMG]

Maybbe you should ask that *******.

That was Chambers who was KTFO.