1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Next Opponent: Saints

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 18, 2009.

1. HolySmokes

HolySmokes New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    The Bills were constantly dropping 7 and 8 people back into coverage and playing a lot of prevent. The Jets were getting a pretty good push up the middle and their secondary played very well. In both games, we came out after halftime adjustments and got the run game really smoking.

Once the Saints are up by 14, that's when Greg Williams (defensive coordinator) really dials up the attack. That's when things start getting ugly.

That's why when fans of other teams we've played say stuff like, "We just need to keep Drew Brees off the field" we just sort of shake our heads. Because the Saints can beat a good team without Drew having a lights out game.

It really becomes a "pick your poison" situation. The Saints scored 7 touchdowns against the G-Men by 7 different players. Four passing and 3 rushing.

Having said all of that, if the Saints are going to have a "down weekend" (and they will at some point) this could be it.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Its nice to be overran with cool fans instead of douchebag Jets fans for once.

Superdome, eric and Jeffrey like this.
  3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    Over on the AFC East section of ESPN.com, there are Jets fans calling Fin fans and Bills fans "rude". If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is!!

late again likes this.
  4. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Does anyone remember what our first teams looked like against one another in the preseason? I know it doesnt mean squat, but could there be some sort of preview to gain from that?

5. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Ball control middle pressure and execution....and we have to hope the saint bring their "C" game and the Dolphins bring their "A" game.

6. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    One thing that I remember was our first team defense was getting through Saints O line with ease. Charlie Anderson was a madman.

7. just dave

just dave New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Drew and many others sat out that game (4th) so all I can give you is how they compared in eating sunflower seeds on the sidelines.:lol:

gafinfan and Stitches like this.
  8. just dave

just dave New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Here is a recap of the Giants game.

[​IMG]

:tongue2::lol:

9. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    Oh my god i can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!! I think I almost cried. Tom Coughlin's face is the best part.

10. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    LOL thats hilarious.

11. Superdome

Superdome New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Tell me about it...we had to put up with that a few weeks ago...the Giant fans aren't much better...I think it is just a "New York" thing. They get fed so much but the talking heads that the Jet's D is the greatest since Ditka's Bears...the Giants are head and shoulders above everyone else...I even heard an ESPN nitwit say last week, "...even IF the Saints would manage to beat the Giants, the Giants are still the better team." :no: Yep, were just lucky to beat the trifecta of NY teams. It's a wonder that they let us play teams from NY...you know, they have to stoop so low to get to the Dolphins and Saints levels...

12. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    and you're not even rivals with them:lol:

13. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    I'm starting to like Saints fans.