1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins next opponent

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ozzy, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

The Jets, as much as I hate them, are playing much much better today. That includes Sanchez.

It looks like Miami will be the lone leader of the AFC East and it looks like another tough test next Sunday Night. The Patriots secondary is not looking at all like they did last week.

So what is it.

2. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I hope the Pats make a miracle comeback. If not, whatever... Bring on those Jets ****

3. Ozzy

I cannot ever root for the Jetsons. Just cant do it. But in hindsight, them winning is a good thing.

Can't wait until next Sunday Night. That's for sure!!!

4. Ozzy

True but their explosive offense has struggled big time.

Now JT causes a fumble so it's Miami up on top of the division for at least a couple weeks...

5. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Time to bust out the orange jerseys.

Paul 13, Phinatic425 and phinnhedd like this.
  6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    The Jests have a solid overall D, I will give them that. If you let that blitz and pressure get to you, you are finished. If you can block it though, you can make plays.

As for the Pats, their secondary is terrible, DL is average with the exception of Wilfork, and the OLBs are nothing special. ILB's are solid, but not really a threat. We should be able to score against them.

Should study this game closely though to figure out what kind of gameplan to throw at that New England offense.

Ozzy likes this.
  7. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Marshall's 1st home game too (I don't count pre-season games)

8. Ozzy

Not sure if you know or not but to let anyone else know.

They will be wearing the Orange Jersey's on Sunday Night against them stinking Jets

FinFan_Est.1984 and Stitches like this.
  9. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    the trick is too eat something tasty so that when you upchuck during the game it doesnt taste so bad

Ozzy likes this.
  10. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    ?

I do know...that's why I said bust out the orange jerseys :lol:

11. Ozzy

Okie Dokie...

The undefeated Jersey's!!!

12. Ozzy

Bring on the Dirty Sanchez

13. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly, and if the Jest wish to play "who is the biggest, baddest, meanest dog in the AFCE'

They best chin check themselves because we will beat the snot out of them.

14. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Early pressure. If we can get to Sanchez and put him on the ground a few times he will fold and do his Trent Edwards impersonation.

15. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'll just say that I feel really good about our chances of starting our season 3-0.

Ozzy likes this.
  16. Ozzy

NE knocked the snot out of him and he seemed to step it up. But to be fair to your point, NE has hardly touched him since.

17. Ozzy

Can't wait to hear Fat Boys press conference.

Blah blah blah....we're going to win it all. I told you people my team is the best. The Dolphins being 2-0? Good for them but we're better and we shall prove it by winning the next 14....

18. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Pastriots problem is they cannot generate pressure from their base Defence, they released Burgess and replaced him with nothing and now they have nothing.

Married to a bad secondary, and this should be really fun in Wk #4.

texanphinatic likes this.
  19. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    I wil be their week 3 to see the Wolves feed on Sanchez

Ozzy likes this.
  20. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    I will be there too!

padre31 and Ozzy like this.
  21. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Just win.

22. Ozzy

The Patsies were getting pretty physical in the first half and had decent pressure but all the discapeared in the second half.

23. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    I think it's going to be a rough game, Jets came to play against the Pats and they will surely come to play against us. Pats looked terrible, I'm confident for week 4 :lol: Going to be Interesting next week, we will definitely know who the king of the division is after that.

24. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Sanchez is due for some INT's. I think we should do away with that "Sanchez INT thread" though, it's a jinx.

I cheered for the Patriots, especially when Moss burned Revis [must have taken lessons from Ted Ginn]. But it does feel good to be ALONE in 1st place. In 2008 we were never alone in first place, right? That means we haven't been alone in first since 2003?? We sucked in 04, 06, and 07 and 05 we had the late season run, so it must be. Been a long time. And it's ironic how JT sealed the win.

Dolfans dont take the Jets offense too lightly. I know the Pats D is pretty medicore, but it's still the Pats. Get ready for the ORANGEOUT. Please don't talk about bieng undefeated in them too much. As soon as too many people start saying that we'll jinx the jerseys.

25. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Dustin Keller really is the guy for the Jets no doubt about that. Sean Smith may have found a role in covering spread TEs. He's as fast as Keller, as quick, taller, can jump just as high most likely and Keller can't really just run over Smith too much in the run game.
    Smith will have Keller and Hernandez to face and he might be the best player there to cover them.

I know we tried it years ago and it didn't work too well but this time when we face New England try Jason Allen on Moss with a double team (Rather than some stupid one-on-one bull****. Then again Allen did pretty well against Welker last year. We have some interesting options with our CBs.

Dolphins1Beatles and Paul 13 like this.
  26. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    True that about Smith... looking forward to what he does the next two weeks. As for the Jets, this was a costly win for them as a lot of their guys got banged up. JT might be out. Best thing is that Sanchez now thinks he's a quarterback again. Our D is licking their chops!!

27. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    I do not think we should get ahead of ourselves...Division games are always tough...Imo, our offense needs a fix and quick..two big games coming up and they need to find ways to put points on the board. At times we seem too predictable ala Dave Wannstedt's offense. I think we need to open it up more and take some pressure off Marshall. Get the other WRs involved even more as they started doing late in the Buffalo game.

Interesting next couple weeks for us, I cannot wait.

28. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I feel pretty good about the match-up of Sanchez against our secondary.

In fact, I think we are a far more complete team than either the Jets or Pats. I see both of them as one-dimensional. If we can start off with three division wins then our odds of winning the division should be at least 70% - 80%.

29. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    It's been nice and cool here in the NE region these last few weeks. I hope it's hot and humid as all **** come Sunday night.

Can't wait for this game. Glad to hear we're bringing the orange jersey's to town. I hope we embarrass the **** out of them and all those SOJ fans that didn't hang themselves after week 1, finish the job at the end of week 3.

30. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Sanchez played well today but we have to make him beat us next week. Shut down their run game, confuse the hell out of him with various presnap looks and movement and we should be good. We need Dan Henning to open it up a little more on offense.

31. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Im glad they won, honestly. Them going in to our game with a must win mentality wouldnt be beneficial. We are 2-0 with a confident jets team coming to town. We get to knock them off their high horse....AGAIN.

32. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    I'm nervous for the jets game...I don't want to lose to those gloats.

33. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Can't. Frickin'. Wait.

Bring on the Jests. We'll be sportin' the unbeaten orange uni's, playing our home opener, and with a much faster D than they're used to. Gonna be a barn burner baby!

Go Phins! :marble:

34. Da-PhinZ

Da-PhinZ New Member

May 9, 2010
    Menifee
    Never take a division team lightly, at home or not. Look how tough buffalo fought. But that being said I am looking forward to our HOME OPENER, orange out and hopefully Henne airs it out. If our D can keep up the pace and our offense can turn it up a notch we have a good shot at this. Ouuuuu ou ou ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!:2guns:

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  35. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'm a bit mixed on this matchup Rafi, the Jets do have weapons on offense enough to threaten every area on the field, and LT has looked great for the Jests..so far.

Deep down I like this matchup, but I do have some questions.

36. Ozzy

Putting pressure on Dirty Hot Dog will be the key to this game. Get him out of rythym, and make them run.

Peterson may have had a pretty decent game today but nothing huge was given up.

37. Ozzy

Anyone see that stupid comercial with the Saints coming out against the Jets? Wow, one would think they would use both SB teams instead of the Winner and the team that annointed themselves to be in the next one...

38. Da-PhinZ

Da-PhinZ New Member

May 9, 2010
    Menifee
    Hopefully Odrick will be back next week, he was pretty darn good wk 1.

39. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, the Lb's will have to able to handle LT one on one, and Keller has developed nicely, add in Edwards and they have some nice matchup players to use.

I do think this year their Oline can be had.

40. Ozzy

There entire Line looks out of sinc half the time so yeah, I can see Wake giving them some fits.

What would be ideal would be for Miami to be able to run the ball like they did in the first meeting last year.