1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins offensive coordinator has to work magic

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jul 25, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flsphenning26sbjul25,0,4326914.story

brparkway, alen1, k-bayfinfan and 4 others like this.
  2. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    "
    I like that statement

padre31, Crunkcore and HULKFish like this.
  3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

The problem Henning is going to have with us is that we have a OL that is a work in progress along with a WR corps that is a work in progress...I've always thought he was one of the unsung heroes on the teams he's been associated with. I'd love to have a Panthers/Davis or Skins/Riggins type running attack to give the WRs time to gel and develop....that would just pickle me tink....

4. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Great read. A lot of good info on Henning and his history.
    It actually gives you some hope that the offense can produce THIS year!

5. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    The only thing I have a reservation about with Henning and with a lot of the Dolphins coaching staff is their age. Can they keep up with the new things going on in the NFL ? The old "has the game passed them by" syndrome could rare its ugly head. I know Parcells trusts these guys, but they were at the top of the game 20 years ago. Can they still do it ? Do they have the drive & energy ?

6. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Didn't most of this team of coaches just turn the cowboys around 2 years ago?

7. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Heck, we've got an ENTIRE TEAM that's a work in progress . . . :lol:

8. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    Can't wait to see us use our power running game this year. And that was an interesting comment by our OC.

9. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Well some of them certainly. But I just get scared when I read that all they want to do is run the ball. 1950's football.....:no:

Stringer Bell likes this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Anytime you have two backs who can put up big numbers, you want to run the ball.

11. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

The only magic will be in figuring out how to convince opposing defenses NOT to just stack the box with nine guys against the run.

PMZQ and alen1 like this.
  12. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Oh, you'd love this then....

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=825031

:)

Don't think it meets NFL rules, though.

13. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    OL's a work in progress. WR corps looks like an NFLE squad. Who knows what at QB. An oft-injured man and an oft-high man at RB. With an conservative OC? Yea, that'd take some magic.

14. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    If this happens we could be in huge trouble. Scoring will be, once again, at a premium. None the less, I'm glad the season is here

15. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    On top of all of that...the sky is falling.

:morning:

16. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
  17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think if the line holds up, it won't be to big of a problem because it will give Beck or whomever the starting QB is, the time to throw it downfield to the WR's.

18. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I can agree with that only to a point though, our personnel will dictate that sort of offense, we have two feature backs, and one WR with world class speed, realistically, those are our weapons on offense.

So power run and throw to Ted Ginn would seem to be right up Henning's alley, the problem is, we don't even have a NFL level caliber Quarterback, in the other places like NY, and Carolina, he had at least Qb's who had been around the block in Peete and Vinny, Delhomme had some starting Experience in New Orleans, with us, unless Josh is our starter, Henning doesn't even have a base level to work from, like ""Beck can't throw the out and up against the Two Deep".

Until that is sorted out, we will be a power running team.

BTW, Am I the only one who is damn happy we will not be "hoping" that Trent Green can stay healthy this year? Last yr at this time we had just traded for him, with the "hope" being he could play all year....:pity: