1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Opponents Set For 2016

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CaribPhin, Dec 29, 2015.

1. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

At home we'll have the AFC East teams, Browns, Steelers, Titans, Cardinals, and 49ers. On the road we're up against the AFC East teams, Ravens, Bengals, Chargers, Rams, and Seahawks.

In 2015 this would have likely yielded a 4-12 season with wins against only the Browns, Titans, 49ers, and Ravens being the only real possibilities. Statistically speaking, "Any Given Sunday" is a load of crap and doesn't exist outside of NFL media campaigns designed to keep fans of bad teams engaged. A healthy Ravens team with Joe Flacco likely beats us this season so that's something else to think about. Add to it that Mariota already looks like an NFL QB and they'll have a new coach, the Titans shouldn't just lay down and die like the game this season.

We're looking at a really tough schedule next season. Without significant improvement, we could be done by Week 5 depending on how the schedule works out.

2. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    If the Rams move to LA 3 west coast games... that would be rough

3. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Not really the last place schedule I was hoping for.

4. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Okay, I be the first to predict

Without knowing who the coach will be and before the draft and free agency, I will go out on the limb and predict the Dolphins will finish 6-10 in 2016.

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Playing NFC West is rough but all our division will too. Getting away against SD is the rough one. They played down this year but are talented, more talented than most last players. And making an extra WC trip ... bleh.

6. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Sorry, but I have to call a big, healthy dose of BS on that one. I GUARANTEE YOU that no less than five underdogs win outright in week 17. It happens every single year, and the division between the worst team in the NFL and the best team is nowhere near as significant as it appears on paper...especially when you remove NE from the equation (since they have a .800+ win percentage against everyone for 15+ years). Because as much as you'd hate to admit it, you wouldn't be a football fan at all if you believed what you're trying to sell here.

7. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    You are being nice.4-12 for 2016.

8. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    With all of the instant doom and gloom, I do have to ask this one question...

Save of course our disastrous offensive line, would anyone deny that we have a very talented group of players on our team? Individually, we have players that have SHINED. Personally I feel we're just missing the RIGHT coaching staff to bring it all together.

9. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    We're more talented than our record suggests, I'd agree. But it's not just the OL that's bad. We have a very weak LB and CB corps. So overall we're probably average talent-wise. In any case, the biggest weakness I'd agree is the HC. We get a good HC, there's no reason we can't have a winning record (team isn't that different in overall talent than during Philbin's tenure, so the HC should make the difference).

10. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    We need linebackers almost as bad as offensive line. Outside of that I agree we're at least solid in most areas.