1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins reinstate Derrick Shelby

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ronnie Bass, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/13/dolphins-reinstate-derrick-shelby/

I'm kinda surprised he's back so quick.

MrClean and 77FinFan like this.
  2. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Wow.

3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The guy needs to grow up and start acting like a professional off the field. We wont ever read stories like that about Odrick and Wake. I dont care where he comes from youre a professional athlete in the NFL, conduct yourself like one. Even Adam Jones has matured.

4. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Derrick Shelby is 25.

5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    lol what does that have to do with anything? 25 or 35, you still need to act like a professional.

6. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Get em Raw Dog.

7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Glad he is back. He is a solid part of the line rotation. Hopefully this incident will be a wake up call for him.

8. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Well, that's nice. I wasn't a barely functional moron with no self control when I was 25 years old. I couldn't afford to be, because I wasn't a professional football player and if I told someone "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" I would just get the living **** beat out of me and then get tossed in a cell. And my legal defense team would be a court appointed schmoe with a stutter, a lisp, and narcolepsy.

I don't know. At what point does a 25 year old take responsibility for acting like a nitwit?

9. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    so youre saying he's an adult? I didnt know that by his actions and that transcript with him and the nurse, thanks for clarifying.

10. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

2 years into service in the far east, I was tired of t***y bars at 19...at 25 I was an E-6 in the Navy, married 5 years, and had 2 kids...hell I quit drinking at 20 haha. But all that doesn't matter...everybody's different.

I have no idea what it's like to have his dough and status...but at 25, single, with his money, I can't begrudge the guy wanting to have some fun, but damn...keep it on the down-low...don't be THAT guy. These guys get trained/educated on what NOT to do, heavily. He just exercised exceedingly poor judgment, but no harm no foul. I just hope he realizes what happened was his fault, and doesn't take the, "but that b*tch bla bla...that cop this and that" routine. Learn and move on.

DPlus47 likes this.
  11. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Good to have him back.

12. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

lol.

There is a head coach somewhere in this country who really needs to win games to keep his job.

He wants this to happen very much.

Who could he be.

13. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

[​IMG]

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  14. McQuack

McQuack Banned

Oct 13, 2014
    Duckburg
    You could be right...but does Shelby really make much of a difference?