1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Retain All Coaches, Hire Assistant GM

Discussion in '2013 GM League Forum' started by GridIronKing34, Jan 28, 2013.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Dolphins' Philbin will be back in 2013, aims for improvement with Tannehill

[​IMG]

DAVIE, FL - The Miami Dolphins will be retaining Joe Philbin along with Mike Sherman and Kevin Coyle. Dolphins' owner, Stephen Ross, felt that Philbin showed a lot of promise in 2012 and is looking forward to seeing how his team fares in 2013.

"We've been looking for the next Don Shula and Dan Marino for years now... I think we've finally found both in Philbin and Tannehill. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I'm pretty sure both will be in the Hall of Fame in 25 years," said Ross, who was in attendance of a charity event in New Orleans.

The Dolphins fired Jeff Ireland on January 21, 2013 with the idea of starting fresh with a promising quarterback and a plethora of draft picks & cap space. Ross felt this was the right move to make for the organization. Ross held an extensive search that included over ten candidates before ultimately deciding on GridIronKing34.

"We looked at a lot of guys and it was a fresh breath of air from past interviews where we had to ask a few questions that seemed a little out of line. At the end of the day, we know we made the right choice," said Ross.

The Dolphins have also decided to hire an assistant GM to help GridIronKing34 with the day-to-day operations moving forward. Stitches was looking to get out of the GM League full-time but still wanted to stay involved. Ross and GridIronKing34 felt that offering him the assistant GM position would be perfect for the organization. The Dolphins have plenty of work to do and it all starts with finding playmakers for Ryan Tannehill.

Stitches likes this.
  2. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    [​IMG]

ToddPhin and unluckyluciano like this.
  3. schisno

schisno Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Homer M. Iami @miamiathome
    If you're going to fire the GM, clean the entire house like my maid. #Irelanddidgood