1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Rewind: 5 reasons the Dolphins lost to the Steelers (other than the fumble)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Oct 26, 2010.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    This should prove to be an interesting discussion.....

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...s-lost-to-the-steelers-other-than-the-fumble/

There is some other stuff in the article like game balls and other stuff. Feel free to check it out.

mor911, Pagan, HULKFish and 1 other person like this.
  2. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    If the Dolphins didn't do enough to overcome the bad call then neither did the Steelers. They needed that call to get those 3 points to put them ahead and we needed that call to lose by 2 points.

3. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    What about all the reasons the Steelers put themselves in a position to lose this game if not for getting a crazy *** call at the end of the game? Big Ben being a moron with ball security, THEIR lack of a running game, THEIR ups and downs on special teams, THEIR terrible 3rd quarter. I could go on and on, but I dont see the point of this. There was a bad call that changed the game, time to move on to next week.

MikeHoncho and dolfan7171 like this.
  4. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Gotta fix that kickoff coverage...

Pariah likes this.
  5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Meh. The Steelers are arguably the best defense in the league. I wouldn't call it "ineptitude" as much as I would say their defense was just better than our offense.

There's a reason no one had scored 20 points on them yet.

Disnardo likes this.
  6. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    It is paper or website filler........They have to write something.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    One reason the Dolphins would have beat the Steelers (other than the fumble):

1. 22-20

8. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Hartline's fumble was HUGE . Never should have fumbled there.

9. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    Ben's 3 fumbles were worse. In fact, Ben's last fumble cost them the game.

:shifty:

Fin D likes this.
  10. Ricky Williams

Ricky Williams New Member

Sep 10, 2008
    1. Red Zone ineptitude: Sparano goes crazy over FGs and Henning calls a game that almost guarantees FGs. This is simply what can be expected from these two guys. And also the reason why I won't complain if Sparano get's the boot at the end of the year. (I like Sparano, but if FG's are good enough for him, then take it somewhere else.)

2. Third down inefficiency: This is a mix of the Steelers D is just that good, and also that we don't take advantage of what the D gives us. Henning calls the game in advance regardless of what is taking place on the field. He believes adjustments are for chumps.

3. Poor pass coverage: Mike Wallace is tall with blazing speed and Big Ben is a good passer. Our secondary is light years better than the past few years, but we definitely need to go CB early in the draft b/c Jason Allen is very inconsistent. He gives up big plays, but he also seems to be in position to grab a pick just as often. Unfortunately Henning doesn't like to try and capitalize on turnovers, he see's this as an oppurtunity for Fields to get extra reps.

4. Grounded running game: First things first. Take away Ronnie's Ipod b/c every time he gets the handoff his favorite song comes on and starts dancing and it's a wasted down. This is no fact, simple observation, but Ronnie gets going with consistent touches. These guys NEVER seem to do this, so really Ronnie is a waste for this team. Ricky is good for this type of offense and should be the main back. Once again Henning has no clue how to use these guys.

5. Kooky kickoff coverage: If the coaches still haven't realized special teams is potentially costing us games after it being like this the past 10 years, this will never change, and again another reason why if Sparano gets canned I won't complain. It's sad that you can count on them to fold when it matters most every single week.

In a nutshell we are young and there is a lot to like about this team. Like the Cowboy's the coaches are a main problem with this equation. And one more thing, everyone pointing at Henne as a problem should stop watching football all together. You remind me of these nuts here in Dallas who blame Romo as the Cowboys problem.

11. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i think our 'other' CB is already on the roster .... his name is Carroll, and if Smith stinks it up -- which i expect, Carroll could be starting before the end of the year ...

our RZ issues are mostly play calling and a little bit of adjustment between Henne and Marshall ...

STs has gotten better .... went from terrible to average ... just need to take it up a notch to be relevent

12. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    That is so weird. Miami's defense did worse on 3rd and long than 3rd and short

13. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Lets not forget about 2 pretty good QB's sitting the Bench. If this offense continues to struggle......Henne will be pulled. I predicted it by game 8....we will see if I am right or not.