1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Secondary vs. Pats WR's

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by #1dolphinsfan, Nov 5, 2009.

1. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    IMO what we should do against the two main WR's for the Pats and you all know who those two are with Randy Moss i think we should keep sean smith on him all day with some help from eather CB's Nate Jones or Jason Allen or FS's Chris Clemons or Gibril Wilson or Tyron Culver if we dont double team Randy Moss, Tom Brady is going to kill our secondary and we need to keep Vontae Davis on Wes Welker with Vontae he is the best tackler in the secondary IMO with Vontae's Closing speed and his good covrage and sure tackling i think pats would have to go to there #3 WR and TE's and RB's most of the day with Moss double teamed and vontae on welker they would to get away from the short screens with welker because of vontae's Closing speed. and if they try and throw a jump ball to Randy Moss we have a CB about the same height and really long arms sure randy is a better jumper then sean smith but i think we could have very good sucess if we keep a double team on moss and keep Vontae Davis on Wes Welker.

Thoughts on what we should do to the NE WRs this week?

2. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

I think Smith on Moss. one of Moss' attributes is his height and bein able to jump over a defender for the ball... he cant do that on SS. mans a giant on Dfense haha

3. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    yea i know that is y i said we should put Smith on Moss but we need to double team moss there are alot of weaknesses in sean smiths game and he is going to need help

4. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

we needa run zone no man. Moss will eat us alive, tight zone, will get smith on tight coverage with safety help over the top if he gets beat on a deep ball.. we'r lucky Gibril had that fire light under his *** and he seems to be playin better now, and so has Yeremiah

5. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    coverage wise, we're screwed. But more important than any of the particular assignments is Joey Porter, Jason Taylor, Matt Roth, and maybe Cameron Wake (think we'll ever see him again???) We get to brady, we can win the game. We're one of the only teams who mess with his head and we need to continue to do that.

6. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Getting JT in the backfield with Brady will be much more important than who covers who. JT owns him.

7. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I agree we gotta keep presure one Brady.Hes has big play makers keep him nervous. Sounds like the Pats running backs are tendered up. I think he will try to get the ball to Moss every chance he gets, welker always gets his share but i am afraid they will go deep more than normal this week.

8. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    thats exactly what i said we should do in another thread.