1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Should go Chris Long at #1 (sporting news / yahoo sports)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by brandon27, Apr 9, 2008.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Here's an article i read earlier today that I thought was a pretty good read of this writers opinion as to why we should take Chris, not Jake Long at #1. Some of you may enjoy reading, and discussing this.

Id be happy with either long to be honest.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A0wNdcJRTP1HfIEAoQ.L2bYF?slug=dolphinsshouldgochrislon&prov=tsn&type=lgns

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I want Chris too. The whole meeting with Jake thing doesn't mean a whole lot just yet IMO. If we hear nothing about meeting with Chris or Gholston in the next 3 weeks, then it means a little more. Either way, not having a holdout at #1 is almost as important as not drafting Matt Ryan (eh thats a reach).

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I dont think gholston will be the best pick for our 3-4 defense. I think if were going to go defensive, it should be long, and if were going to go offensive, it should be long as well. Personally i'd be happy either way. I think i prefer jake long by a slight margin only because i feel our o-line, has been too bad for too long, and we've already beefed up the DL alot through free agency. like i said though, i would be happy either way

4. 13Marino13

13Marino13 Old school VH rocks!

Jan 5, 2008
    Palmerton, PA
    Vernon !!!

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Chris Long just looks to unathletic to me......Gholston has issues with his "drive", Matt Ryan is FAR from a cant miss franchise QB.

Jake Long is the safest pick that makes the most sense.

6. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    I would be happy with either Long, just please no Ryan.