1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins sign a bunch pf greatfree agents yesterday

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Free agency starts March 9, but the Dolphins have already won the offseason. On Wednesday, they signed six stars, including three Hall of Famers. An important caveat, however: None is under the age of 40.

Dan Marino and Bob Griese were among a half-dozen Dolphins legends who signed one-day contracts Wednesday, allowing them all to retire members of the organization that benefited from their greatness.

Marino and Griese put pen to paper alongside wide receiver Nat Moore, guard Larry Little, defensive end/linebacker Kim Bokamper and cornerback Sam Madison.

While all but Madison finished their careers with the Dolphins, none actually were members of the team when they retired. Rather, they were free agents — a technicality the team corrected Wednesday.

“The fact that I’ve been a free agent for 16 years and no one’s called is very upsetting to me,” Marino joked. “Thank you for today. This organization, this team, this city, football, it all means so much to me.”

Tannenbaum has been putting together rosters for years. But he’s never before had a day like Wednesday — and probably never will again.

You can read the rest here:
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article134323529.html

ripper1961 likes this.
  2. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I'd like to see Madison coach up the DB's

3. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    QBS After Marino retired Jay Fiedler, Damon Huard, Ray Lucas, Brian Griese, AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels, Gus Frerotte, Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, Cleo Lemon, Trent Green, John Beck, Chad Pennington, Chad Henne, Tyler Thigpen, Matt Moore, Ryan Tannehill, Dan Marino, and Bob Griese

I like the moves! Creates competition for Tannehill.
    Edit:
    well looks like Marino and Griese have retired.
    Edit:
    Breaking News from Adam Beasley
    Adam BeasleyVerified account‏@AdamHBeasley 17h17 hours ago
    Just got some breaking news from @sammaddie29, via text. "Just wanted you to know I'm retiring." It's the end of an era.
    Sam Madison just announced his retirement too
    Edit:
    Larry Little has retired
    Edit:
    Kim Bokampe has just retired; Things are not looking good for Tannenbaum, 5 out of 6 signings have just retired
    Edit:
    Well Nat Moore has just retired as well, shame he wont be able to play with his brother, Matt.

Puka-head and danmarino like this.
  4. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Too funny