1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins sing redemption song in comeback win against Bills

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Oct 27, 2008.

1. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
  2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Great column. Glad to see you didn't forget Carpenter!

hugoguzman likes this.
  3. Mindwarp

Mindwarp FFH

Dec 13, 2007
    Over There.
    good read :up:

hugoguzman likes this.
  4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

just to let you know the gamebook on nfl.com (i posted it here) "only" tallies porter with one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/29635/MIA_Gamebook.pdf

still reading let you know my final impressions.

edit:

I loved the article. Some fans are too quick to judge Ginn a bust or to call the game over when it's not over. Players make mistakes. Ricky did fumble the ball but he came back huge. Carpenter's kick was blocked but he came back with good field goals. Recently our secondary has been getting burned but yesterday they showed the ability to step up and make some game changing plays. The players all know what they need to do and that comeback makes for an inspiring article. The mistakes are glaring but when they reedem themselves like they did is when it makes me happy. If they lost those mistakes would be written all over articles on the web and so it's nice to see one like this.

hugoguzman likes this.
  5. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Yeah, I credited him with the forced fumble on the quarterback sneak as well as what appeared to be a forced fumble on the safety, although that one looks like it was ruled down by contact (no fumble).

6. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    This game really was about redemption for so many players, and the team in general. Going 2-5 would really have taken the shine off what was starting to become a nice rebound season for this team.

At this point, if we can beat the Broncos, I think 6-4 isn't out of the question when the Patsies come calling. I'm trying to be a realist w/ this season, seeing 6-8 wins at the most, but until proven otherwise, I'd love to see this team make a playoff run.

At least give NBC a reason to put one of their late season games on Sunday night!

7. anlgp

I called 6-8 wins at the beginning of the season and I'm not backing down.

Realistically I can see us getting six. 8 would be cool for me it would mean .500 for the year.

DolfanTom likes this.
  8. DolfanTom

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    If the following stay healthy - Penny, Long, Ronnie, Porter, Crowder, Ferguson - I think six is a no brainer, even eight to be honest.

One or more of them go down for any extended period of time, it'll be much tougher to scratch out wins. That's the only bad thing about this season, and it's just the way it is - you can only turn over the roster so much in one offseason. They did a great job getting better starters. And they need to continue to upgrade the starters, but a championship will come w/ greater depth.

Takes time, though!

9. anlgp

Yep.

I'm excited. I was so happy when they hired Parcells. I love defensive minded teams and parcells is def. a defensive minded kind of guy. He played LBer for a while and tends to favor the defense IMO. I'm so stoked about Porters sacks right now (numerous other things, too, but this really jumps out at me). I think we got a steal in both Fasano and Ayodele for a 4th rounder. Pennington was a catch (pun intended). Long = :D :D :D :D. Henne = :D :D :D :D. Langford = :D :D. I couldn't put four smileys next to langford because I'm limited to 10 per post but you get the idea : ). I'm excited that we've got mathis and thomas. I look forward to the rest of this year and who we pick up next year..

so on and so forth. I LOVE THE DOLPHINS.

10. DolfanTom

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Yep, it's been fun to watch so far!

I just hope the next offseason and season isn't like Saban 2.0. I was stoked during his first season too and then :sad:

That said, I don't see that happening. I think these guys know what they are doing, and I think even when Tuna leaves, Sparano and Ireland have enough of his style in them to keep succeeding. Bottom line - they know good football players, and they hit on far more than they miss! Nobody's perfect, but they have shown they know what they are doing!

And it's been a LOOOOOONG time since we've been able to have any type of true confidence in our coaching and FO!

11. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Thanks for all the kind words and feedback!

I make it a practice to never predict anything beyond the following week (won't get into the philosophical reasons behind that, but if you're interested, let me know).

All that matters now is matching up with a fairly potent Denver passing attack and making sure that our offense takes advantage of the Bronco's butter defense.

12. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Good read Hugo, thanks :up:

hugoguzman likes this.
  13. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    good read.

hugoguzman likes this.
  14. evz

evz Feral Druid Club Member

Nice article Hugo... I like the redemption theme angle.

hugoguzman likes this.
  15. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

It's been a lot of fun to watch this team develop so far. Redemption is certainly a theme for some of the guys on this team... The question for the rest of the season is simple...Is this enough ?? Is Penny, Porter, the secondary, Long, Fergy, etc enough ??

I don't think so personally, but i also hope I'm completely wrong in my assessment...

hugoguzman likes this.
  16. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Hey Hugo nice write up...

One name that I did not see mentioned was the TE Martin... He has had a redemptioned type of year also in the last 7 games... what a difference from last year...

He had 2 huge catches again Sunday...

hugoguzman likes this.
  17. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Good point! He wasn't a big factor in yesterday's game, so I didn't think he fit in the column, but he has definitely redeemed himself in a big way this year.

18. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I don't see this FO making the Culpepper 2.0 mistake.

anlgp likes this.