1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Still A Good Team ......

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 12, 2010.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Dolphins Still A Good Team
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/andy-cohens-bye-week-reflection-dolphins-still-good-team

good read

2. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I still think we're a good team, too. You look over the NFL landscape this year and there really is no consistency anywhere. You win, Parity.

3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    The Dolphins are mediocre right now. Don't know for sure if that's from lack of talent, poor coaching or just lack of experience. We'll see, as the season progresses.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Half of the NFL is 2-2, what happens moving forwards will decide if the Dolphins are a good team or not as good teams separate themselves.

5. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Beating Minnesotta looks alot less impressive each week...

We've lost to the only two good team we've faced thus far, now we play 4 good teams in a row. If we come out of this next 4 at 2-2, we have a small chance at 9-7, otherwise I'm struggling to find 8 wins

6. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Two thirds of the team is absolutely good. Too bad Special Teams plays a big role in TEAM because they're second worst in that catagory.

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Honest question:

If our special teams don't give up big plays or points, do you feel better about our chances?

8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    we still control our own destiny, with half our division games still infront of us, and a ton of AFC games (ravens,steelers, browns, bengals, raiders, titans) we need to win and win often (duh)

dolfan7171 likes this.
  9. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    winning make good? me like winning!

10. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Sure. But that doesn't mean I feel great about our chances.

Both offense and defense are inconsistent. Even against NE our "D" couldn't get a stop when we had cut the lead to 20-14 and something called Woodhead was running all over us.

Wake me when we put a complete game together, all 3 phases. Until then, we are what we are, mediocre.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This thread is why its a punk move if Parcells leaves us for another team...the uncertainty, the anger, the inconsistency, and the unsureness amongst our fans are reason's enough to show, the JOB OF REBUILDING A FRANCHISE, IS NOT FREAKIN FINISHED..

If this team doesnt come back this year and show something, its in danger of losing a small part of its base, and there is a serious hole, in terms of direction, if things turn bad this season....

How the hell is that doing a good job of rebuilding a franchise?

Losing 2 national games at home like we did, would be enough for a real man to wanna stay to see the job thru...why?, because it was your damn product!!...

The fact that we have to have this renewed running game mantra is a complete disgrace by our offensive cordinator..its game 5 and you have already left your identity?..hilarious.

I fully expect a pissed off team in green bay, and if we dont see that...were gonna have a pissed off fan base, and somebody is gonna be looking for the man to my left, to find out if he is a real man.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  12. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    Why does it look less impessive? If not for Favre being, well, Favre, the Vikes win last night. Two fumbles and a pick-6 equals a loss for any team. Their defense smothered the Jests even thought the Jests had great field position all night long. Sanchez showed us all that he's still Sanchez. If not for some dropped INT's by the Vikes DB's last night Sanchez would of had 2-3 picks to go along with his 45% comp rate.

padre31 likes this.
  13. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    We may have some control over our wildcard destiny but any shot at a division title is on life support already with last rites being administered. The Jets are 3-0 already and I am giving them a second win over Buffallo, meaning at worst they finish 4-2. For us to even equal that mark we'd need to sweep the rest of the division games, two on the road. You want to take a bet on that?

Even NE has a 2-1 division record and I'll give them 3-3 at worst with another win over Buffallo. Even being generous and giving us an equal 3-3, there are so many other tie-breakers at that point its useless to discuss now.

I highly doubt 2 wildcards come out of East. The North and South are simply too good.

DolfanJake and FaninPatsyLand like this.
  14. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    It looks less impressive because Minny is proving every week to not be a very good team. We wouldn't have beaten the vikings without Favre being Favre either.

Our offense did nothing against the Vikes and we threw the ball all of 15 times.

The Jets are a good team. Don't kid yourself just because you don't like them. They are damn good and solid in all 3 phases, something we can't manage at this point. They are a SB contender. We are not.

15. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    I love the title of the article -- 'Dolphins still a good team'

Are they implying the Dolphins have been anything but mediocre since the magical '08 playoff run?

I guess you really can't blame them, though. What are they supposed to say:

'Dolphins still in the midst of a lost decade.'

Also, please be sure to visit the Pro Shop by clicking here, and don't forget to buy your tickets for the Aqua Out in November - South Florida's biggest party.

schmolioot likes this.
  16. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    thanks. that means we control our own destiny. regardless if you think its probable. until we are hoping teams lose.....we control our own destiny.

Oghma likes this.
  17. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Even if we do it, it doesn't mean we control our own destiny because there are other factors/tie breakers that come into play.

We're already hoping teams lose, most importantly the Jets because our best bet to beat them out is haviong a full game better record

SICK likes this.
  18. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    we beat the jets by more than 8......isnt the first tiebreaker head to head? i honestly am not sure.

19. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Yeah but some people just will never open their eyes to the reality of life. This season is basically dead already, those two games were that important, and if we lose on Sunday, I take bets we struggle to find 8-8. Ross I know will not be happy, and may look to make changes in the off-season, which this year could be a LONG off-season if the owners stage a lockout.

My worst case scenario.......Dolphins are 7-9, the Jets win the division, the Pats a wildcard, they meet in the AFC Championship with the Jets winning and then the Jets win the SB. The there is a lockout by the owners that lasts a whole season and we have to listen to Jets fans crow about being SB champs for not just one off-season but TWO !!

Thing is, this could really happen.....:pity:

20. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I think it's:

1. division record
    2. common opponents
    3. conference record

then it gets funkier.

DolfanJake and SICK like this.
  21. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    It is and we are already in serious shape for the division record. That is why some of us are already doom & glooming it, because unless Jesus gives a miracle, its over for this year.

22. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Too bad the Dolphins have killed that party already. I'm already expecting a half empty stadium for that game.

23. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Better win in green bay or there will be no stupid aqua out...dum asses...they dont get it, but I do give them props for trying.

DolfanJake likes this.
  24. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    we've played 4 games chill out........holy crap guys

25. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Chris those two games made or broke our season. We have to win home games, because there is little shot of winning both on the road and even then its a must win at home with Barfalo. This team may have beaten Barfalo the 1st week, but it looks like their offense has come alive and now I don't bet on us beating them, especially with Spiller running back kicks for them.

26. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Seriously. You'd think its past Thanksgiving break and we've lost four games with what's going on around here.

dolphindebby and BicketyBam like this.
  27. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Alen those two games meant that much. You win both and you are in the catbird seat, you go 1-1 and you are still okay, but 0-2 and your just about dead because unless you win both games at their places you will have no better than a 3-3 record in the division. That is not going to win you many tiebreakers for that playoff spot.

28. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

In case you didn't know, the Chargers just lost to the Raiders, the Chiefs, and the Seahawks.

29. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    I'm not saying that the Jests aren't good. I will say, however, they are not Super Bowl contenders right now.

30. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Holy crap, is this starting again?

Jesus christ...

There are still 12 games left in the season. We are only 1.5 losses behind both the Jets and the Patriots.

Last I checked, with 12 games remaining in the season for us (11 for the Jets), there's still a chance.

Remember when the Broncos went 6-0 in their start, and absolutely collapsed down the stretch, not even making it into the playoffs?

You can expect whatever you want, but stop ****ting on other people who still want to enjoy the season, it's getting really, really old.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  31. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    anything can happen bro! Jets can lose to buffalo, they can lose to the steelers, they can lose to the patriots.....anything can happen. wayyyyyy too early to be calling this season DONE

i mean...you can. but i wont be joining you. not yet anyways :lol:

32. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I don't care about other teams. The Dolphins situation is all I care about, and their playoff hopes are on life support at this point. That means the rest of the season could be meaningless. How thrilling is that ? 4 weeks in and we're already done !

33. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    thats not close to true.

34. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I wish I shared your enthusiasm, but I guess I have been led down this path so many times, I've become used to thinking we'll lose games in this situation. I mean, miracles do happen, but it will take a real Jesus type miracle to pull this off. Sparano does, then he deserves an open ended contract for as long as he wants to stay here.

35. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    lol dude we really arent that far back.......so much stuff happens yearly in the nfl thats "out of the ordinary" the jets lost to the patriots then to us twice last year. and they made it. geez put down the razor blade holmes

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  36. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, well, typically though, ST is one of the easier groups to "fix" as anyone can play ST they simply have to do their jobs at a minimum level, we don't need a All Pro STer' we just need guys to know their role and finish their assignments.

The odd thing for me is 3 ST "daemons" were on the roster in wk #1

-Clifton Smith
    -Tim Dobbins
    -Jason Allen

And the Unit still was not very good save for Brandon Fields, to me that means the problems went deeper than just the players. In 08 the ST was garbage for half of the season but managed to straighten themselves out.

37. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    We'll see and I hope you are right, but I am just trying to brace myself for what I feel is the realistic future. I was so pumped for this opportunity and they pissed it away.

I guess this is my "inner Cubs fan feeling" coming to the surface :lol:

SICK likes this.
  38. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Basically due to ST play that is so bad they are keeping the Dolphins locked in at #31 and not #32 in the NFL which is odd as Steve Crosby is a fine ST coordinator.

Chargers and Vikings are a mess.

39. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Yeah but the Jests aren't gonna lose this year to the Bills or us at home. I give you the game @ NE, but that means they are 5-1 in the division, a number we already can't beat.

40. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    all you gotta do is get into the playoffs. then anything can happen. 3 road games? jets did it. 8-8 go to the superbowl? cardinals did it.

just back off the ledge, even if we dont win the division, this team can win on the road (2-0 on the road this year) we can def. do some damage.

breathe in and out. count to 10 etc etc :lol: