1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins still looking to trade No. 1 puck … er, pick?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 15, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Dolphins draft info is in short supply and high demand.

Although we’ve learned from other sources they’re negotiating with Michigan tackle Jake Long, the Dolphins front office has been dutifully mum on which direction they’re going with the No. 1 pick on April 26.

So Inside the Dolphins turned to somebody who knows somebody for a little insight.

The Dolphins’ scouting department has been as available to the media as Fidel Castro lately, but Mike Grier is surrounded by sports reporters every day.

Grier is a winger for the San Jose Sharks, who are playing the Calgary Flames in the Stanley Cup playoffs. He’s also Dolphins director of college scouting Chris Grier’s little brother. Their father is Houston Texans personnel executive Bobby Grier.

After practice today in the Saddledome, one of our emissaries asked Mike Grier what the Dolphins might do.

“You know what? I talked to my brother the other day and he sounded like he wasn’t even sure,” Mike Grier said. “I think they’ve got a few things on the table, and I don’t think they’ve really decided.

“From my perspective, I think — if they can — they’d like to trade the pick. I think they’re at the point where they need more bodies than just one guy. I guess we’ll have to see what happens.

“This is kind of a weird draft year where there’s really not a top skill-position guy that blows everyone’s mind. I think this year, you’ve got to look at the offensive line and the defensive line. Those are probably the guys (available) who can make an immediate impact on the team.”

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/...o_trad.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolphins

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    interesting about the Griers. I never knew that about them at all. I wish April 26th would just hurry up and get here so we can get this over with!

alen1 likes this.