1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins story on NFL Network today - The Fish that got away

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MonstBlitz, Mar 17, 2012.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Pandarilla and Wagon Circler like this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Gonna go ahead and change out mascot to the yellow dolphin fish so people can continue to make these puns accurately.The Miami Mahi-mahi

3. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Of course.

4. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I get it.

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I think the title means Dolphins eat fish, so a fish got away from us.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Hmm. I always thought they only ate Japanese babies.

7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Well those are obviously Japanese Dolphins. A Miami Dolphin searching for Japanese babies to eat would probably starve. DUH. Use your brain man.

MikeHoncho and Fin D like this.
  8. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Wow what a great re-hash of everything we already know. And as per the usual media it's all fluff and no substance. Maybe the next story should be why the NFL should shut down the Miami franchise.

9. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I don't like the fact they are focusing on everything the Dolphins failed at while trying to make this team better. Maybe it is me but they seem to enjoy bashing the Dolphins and they are sarcastic when something good happens and assume that it won't last. Regardless if it does or not, it seems they love to shove it in our faces.

10. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Well, what are you gonna do? It's really rather sad, but it's also very true. Only thing that will change the culture is to start winning again. Hopefully Philbin is the answer and we can turn this thing around...soon.

11. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Exactly what "stars" have left the Dolphins at the alter? Absolutely "NO NAMES" were mentioned...talk about fluff. They refer to Brees but then say Miami chose not to sign Brees when they had the opportunity. How is that getting left at the alter?

At least when it came to coaches they could name Harbaugh and Fisher. Of course, they didn't mention how perfect a fit SF was for Harbaugh or that Ross was not willing to give "final say" in personnel decisions to Fisher.

Just another fluff piece with no substance. Gotta love today's media.

12. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Who have the Broncos had since Elway? Who have the Bills had since Kelly? Who did the Patriots have before Brady? Who did the Colts have after Unitas and before Manning? Who have the Jets ever had? Who have the 49ers had since Young. I can go on and on with this. Every team in the NFL has had long dry spells when it comes to great QB's. The reason why the Dolphins are in the spotlight now is because Marino is very hard to replace (no ****, right?) and he's the last great to retire besides Favre who was replaced by Rodgers so the Pack don't get this treatment.

13. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    well ****.

Pandarilla likes this.
  14. JMORGAN6977

JMORGAN6977 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    PHX
    I think there are 3 real hot points that cast a shadow over the Dolphins franchise.

1. Brees. It was a bad decision by a coach who was in over his head hired by an owner who was on his way out. Nuff said. We cant have that back and nobody involved with the decision is still here.

2. Harbaugh, the guy never had an ounce of intention of coming to Miami. He just used us as leverage and whe =n you have a rockstar owner willing to throw big money at the next big thing, we are an obvious target. It used to be Snyder but now he is smiling and watching Ross. Of course the media is going to give us a black eye even thouh we never had a shot at him though. Its good media for them. Easy story.

3. Peyton, yeah who knows if he really intended on coming, who knows if the front office screwed the pooch or the media ran him off. Who cares? The guy wants 90 million. I wanted him and loved the idea of him coming to town but that is too much for the risk. Once we traded Marshall and all the other receivers signed deals, Peyton to Miami would have been a disaster. Im glad we are out now.

I have been on this coaster with all of you this past week but suddenly I feel a sense of calm. Even if we do not land Flynn I am fine. I think we have a good staff in place, and will be getting more talented and younger. Thats good see San Fran. We do not need to rebuild, we are almost there. Just need to develop a qb and I think Philbin and company will do just that. Lets get a WR and DE in the 1st 2 rounds and we are lookin good.

If Peyton signs with Denver and Ross trades for Tebow, I take it all back.

15. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    The problem is that we don't have nobody with enough credibility, to be the face of the Franchise, someone that would go head to head with the media explaining to them exactly what the real situation is, telling them to stop bashing the Miami Dolphins with no reasons. Everybody makes mistakes, Ross needs to keep hes PH shut and stay out of the limelight, stop putting the Franchise in bad situation making promises.JMO

16. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    but remember between Farve and Rodgers they sucked

17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    piss off.

18. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    :lol:

19. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think we are headed in that direction, ftr. When Coach Joe was first hired, our FO went on a news tour around Miami. That never happened here....ever. I don't think a lot of explaining can be done now, because deals are being set up and everything, but I think once TC starts we'll have explanations and access we've never had before.

20. Very good point.

21. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Don't shoot the messenger. They spent a lot of time on NFL Network discussing the Dolphins this morning and I figured some of the fans here who don't get the channel might appreciate seeing it.

shula_guy likes this.
  22. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    wasn't talkin to you Blitz..These are the same idiots for speculating that Ross would like to bring Tebow down here because of how he celebrated their championship last year, cause as you know hes all about puttin butts in the seats and thats it..These fu&^% idiots don't have a clue as to what were doing in terms of strategy..

23. The video was factualy accurate but it wasnt complete. It left out many factors that shaped those events.

1. The medical staff blew it on brees and Culpepper.

2. Nick Saban is a big ***** who can not play on the big stage and he left here in a weasle like fashion to go to Alabama. Thats where he belongs, competing in bowl not for Lombardi's

3. We reached out to Harbaugh because he was a hot prospect coming in and in hindsight it looks like he is the real deal. It was a good idea to try to land him but SF made a better pitch to him then we did. SF out manuvered us.

4. Fisher wanted more control then Ross was willing to give him. I kind of agree with Ross. Seldom is it a good idea to give a head coah total control. Building a team by comitte is a better approch IMO.

5. I'm really sick of hearing anything to do with the certain QB who told us we are no longer on his list of who he will offer his services too. Honestly I wonder if his announcement was a media manipulation by him and it was us who moved on from pursuing him. Its all a big poker game right now and we could of been posturing as if we had interest in him to take the emphasis off of someone else so we could get that someone else at a discounted price. If we had ignored pursuing Manning (I hate even saying his name I am so sick of hearing about him) and went straight after Flynn other teams may of joined us in a bidding war for his services knowing that Philbin knows him well enough to accurately evaluate his worth. I could be wrong about it but thats the game thats being played right now by all 32 franchises. Its a complicated game and as a fan I just sit back and let it all play out and I will judge our front office on opening day when I see the product they present on the field.

Monster Thank you for posting the clip I do appriciate hearing how they percieve this organazation. We definitely have had our share of misses but really much of it was flat out bad luck and not incompetence. I think thats the element that video lacks to convey to the viewers. They present more like the Dolphins are a bunch of idiots that nobody wants to play for.

Whats sad for me is that my biggest gripe with the Dolphins has been the front office. I do believe we have been cursed with incompetence at the top and it has trickled down onto the field but that video does not come close to touching on that. It some ways its just a hack job full of cheap shots. The Dolphins biggest problem was Wayne Huizenga and now my hope is that Ross can fix what Wayne broke. Ross has not been stellar so far but I'm hoping he figures it out sooner rather then later or he sells the team to someone who knows how to build a franchise.

I'm gonna stop here I'm begining to rant :lol:

24. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    This is true, dj. The media doesn't do us any favors and usually only has the story half right. But it's just more that hurts the perception of the Miami Dolphins. Winning can cure all. Here's hoping.

25. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Media has made us look worse than ever. Everytime they mention us and we come up short our cred goes downhill just that little bit more.

26. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Its not just the media Blitz, the fanbase feeds it as well...

27. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Well, if you're going to blame Dolphin fans, you better the fans of just about every other team. Their perception of our team is much worse than ours.

28. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Timequake!!!

29. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    We haven't suffered as long as Cleveland.....not just the Browns in the NFL, but pretty much every sport since the early 60's.....so it could be worse.

30. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    same old ups & downs that go around & around, nowhere fast
    I think Ice Hockey & Soccer are good sports, always loved boxing

there is life beyond this perennial loser Dolphin Franchise
    think I'll take a break & check back in @ the beginning of pre-season

the only thing more ridiculous than watching this garbage strewn about the street is playing in it.
    I have reached the point with the dolphins that they will have to show me something to regain my attentions

it's all just become too ugly to bear, thank God Marshall got out, all the guy ever wanted to do is win
    :theman:Matt Moore