1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Team Report - Yahoo Sports

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Jul 25, 2010.

1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
  2. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    This was my favorite part of this article.

"ESPN has released its annual preseason, “Ultimate NFL Rankings,” and a poll of 15 of ESPN’s NFL analysts have ranked the Dolphins No. 11 of the 32 teams."

There is a boat load of good info in this one. Thanks for sharing Cobra...

3. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    This is one of my biggest fears this year . . .

"Also, former starting right defensive end Randy Starks must get used to nose tackle on a regular basis since being told of the switch before the draft. Starks has filled in for Jason Ferguson (notes) in the past but blossomed last year with seven sacks from the defensive end spot. He will now be expected to occupy two offensive linemen so his linebackers can clean up after him. With Ferguson announcing his retirement the pressure falls to Paul Soliai (notes) to prove he can be more consistent when spelling Starks at the nose."

They should have left Starks where he was because he really started to catch fire at DE and drafted a NT or got one from some where else. I am concerned about this position this year, but I hope I am wrong.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    bringing pressure from up the middle with starks, while Cam is comin off the edge is lethal, Starks can beat that center with his strength and quickness, and wake can finish...Starks is so instinctive in the middle, I think were good there.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    What? :confused:

From what I've seen, not really. I wish these guys would watch the games instead of make up and read things off of other sites. It's easy to assume but its not good to misinform others IMO.

Pandarilla likes this.
  6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

That was an excellent article, a few mistakes but overall some nice reading. Just what we're starved for till TC opens Friday. Thanks for posting the link :up:

7. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.

The nose is the most important part the DLine. Starks is our best player on the line. Starks has shown he can play the nose. It makes sense to me.

I think we will be seeing alot of pocket collapsing this year from our line. Losing that big body will hurt for sure against the run, but Dansby is a MAJOR upgrade over Aydele in stopping the run and coverage. I think were in good shape.

8. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    I think both lines of the ball will show our greatest progress this year. Although we got great talent at LB and WR during the off-season I still see that the lines are still the focus. Parcells believes in the old adage, You rebuild from the line out.

However this spastic grab for veteran DL speaks to my rant last week that our FO had no handle on Ferguson's retirement, and I still say we need another NT.

9. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    ready for a Super Bowl?