1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins tender Duarte, Hull, Pitts and Steen

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    We’re getting closer to the point when teams will be announcing agreements with free agents from other clubs and they are taking care of some other housekeeping until that point arrives.

One such bit of housekeeping is tendering contracts to exclusive rights free agents, something the Dolphins took care of on Tuesday. The team announced that they have tendered tight end Thomas Duarte, linebacker Mike Hull, cornerback Lafayette Pitts and offensive lineman Anthony Steen.

Steen saw seven starts at center during the 2016 season while Mike Pouncey was missing time due to injury and saw action in 15 games overall. He can also play guard and could figure into a competition for playing time there with Laremy Tunsil moving to left tackle and Jermon Bushrod set to become a free agent.

Hull had 33 tackles and an interception while playing in every game last season. Pitts saw special teams work over the second half of the season and Duarte, a 2016 seventh-round pick, played in one game after being promoted from the practice squad during the season.

2. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Good moves

3. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    We can't argue with these moves. I can't wait until FA arrives. I hope we at least try to fill holes in one position (i.e. two guards, two LBs).