1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins the sleeper pick for 2013?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Mar 4, 2013.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    ESPN's James Walker thinks so, and he isn't one to ever really jump on the Dolphins side of things.

SICK likes this.
  2. They have been putting me to sleep almost every Sunday for the past 20 yrs. Go Dolphins

mnfinfan, GMJohnson, Starry31 and 3 others like this.
  3. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    We don't even know who will be on the roster yet.

4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    It's a far cry from years ago when we were always picked to have the #1 draft pick.

5. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    He is saying based off of everything we have currently and at our disposal this offseason we are poised to be the team this year that rises up.

You have to figure we will get one of those big 3 at WR. We will get another pass rusher. We will get another TE and we will get CB's that can make an impact. We will hold onto the pieces we need to hold onto and if we can draft well, which we are in a prime spot to do so, then everything should fall into place.

Walker is just going on record stating that he is on the bandwagon based on how the stars are lined up for us right now.

6. seabass0795

seabass0795 New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Orlando
    The beginning of last season they had us getting that pick for this years draft.

7. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

For Walker to pick Miami to be his "sleeper team" in the AFC East is a pretty easy pick. It's obvious, as of right now, we will be the only team to have a shot to compete with NE. Walker isn't exactly going out on a limb here. Picking Miami to get into the playoffs and be competitive would be going out on a limb. This just an easy way for Walker to later say, "see, I told you."

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Walker knows and realizes jackola about the AFCE, he is a sort of OmarK of the national media concerning our division.

Last yr, his sleeper pick was the Bills.

9. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    not exactly a ringing endorsement, says more that Jets and Bills have no shot, so we are the only contender by default.

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He should have stuck with the Bills.

11. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    why? the Bills look like they are spiraling down. when you commit to the wrong QB (both Bills and Jets, and us for 20 years) you are almost always spiraling downwards.

12. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Yeah, remember that time the Bills were the sexy sleeper pick? I'd sure like for him to be right though...

Not going to expect it though. I've reached a point mentally with this team that I just have to expect the worst every year and be pleasantly surprised with anything good that happens.

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Bills problems were mostly on the Defense, Wanny lost his touch and they were dreadful.

Doesn't help Fitzy is streaky and turns the ball over a bit to much, but still, you can do much worse.

CJ Spiller also had a breakout season

14. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    From Walker, "The Patriots are in their own league in the AFC East. Neither the Jets nor the Bills are in the same ballpark. But Miami at least has the infrastructure in place and the offseason resources to close the gap." Which translated is pretty much what you said.

15. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    When Parcells, Ireland, and Sparano were hired by the Dolphins in 2008, we were led to believe that the future would be filled with playoffs and possibly a Super Bowl or two. Five years after their hiring, the Dolphins are still trying to build a team that can have a winning season, much less a season with Super Bowl possibilities.

So you will have to excuse me if I don't buy into all the excitement at this time in regards to the possible vast improvement of the Dolphins in 2013. We don't yet even know who the team will draft or who they will sign in free agency. It is also very possible that they will lose many of their core players from last year in free agency.

I certainly hope the Dolphins have a great draft and a productive free agent period and they are a legitimate playoff contender in 2013. After being fooled by all the expectations over all the years since Don Shula left as the head coach of the Dolphins. I will believe that the Dolphins are headed in the right direction, once I see a team which wins more games than it loses. Right now, they are still a rebuilding team who has a long way to go to be able to compete with the better teams in the NFL on a week to week basis.

16. ItsDFresh

ItsDFresh Beast Mode

Feb 21, 2013
    New Jersey
    Clearly he wasn't taking a risk here.... AT ALL.

17. 17isOurSavior

17isOurSavior New Member

Dec 30, 2012
    We could easily make a lot of noise if everything goes right in FA and the draft.