1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Training Camp 2014

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan40, Jul 24, 2014.

1. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Random Question cause it doesn't seem to come up anywhere...Wtf is going on with Kowshon Moreno? (I know hes hurt but is there ANYTHING else being said? Time frame? IR? Actual injury?)

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Arthro plus a bit overweight...using camp to get in shape..poor professionalism. Should be ready come game time, Lamar will get his chance, if he fails I would expect Moreno to be ready after the bye.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Amen.

4. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Basically as a good a program as there is at that level. Consistently at that.

5. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Problem with that is the red shirt years we have been giving out like candy on Halloween. Tough if you don't get production from the top of your draft year one. Not that every pick has to provide that , but it leaves you at a deficit .

6. keithjackson

keithjackson Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I'd guess most third rounders don't start, regardless of pedigree. However, Turner looked like a man amongst boys boys at NDSU, but perhaps that's why he didn't need to rely on technique. It always surprises me when these 'basics' need to be 'taught' at the NFL level. Are NFL coaches really preaching different basics than at the college and HS level, or are they more motivators enlightening the players that now they actually need to use them in order to get an edge. Turner seems as intelligent as anybody, so the physics really shouldn't be too baffling. Then again, it's an adjustment to his jump-over-a-defender-second-level-hell-breaking-loose style that made him so fun to watch in college.

7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I doubt it... they haven't done that for a while now.

8. keithjackson

keithjackson Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    You usually have a refreshing viewpoint and support yourself logically. However I think you'd engender less animosity by omitting certain phrases that make people feel it's personal (especially if they think you are just trying to turn their optimism into pessimism). Your input is valuable, but sometimes it comes off as discrediting instead of discussing.

9. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

That was the only game they played against a BCS team, I believe. I am not saying that Turner can't eventually become a solid offensive lineman in the NFL. I just think that it is going to be more difficult for him to come in and win a starting position right away than for someone like James, who played against top tier college talent throughout his career.

If Turner ends up starting this year early in the season. It will probably mean that the veterans in front of him at this time probably just aren't getting the job done. Since I don't have any problem with them going with younger players, because I feel they are still a couple of years from being a playoff team. I wouldn't be upset if Turner plays this season. I just think it will take him some time to adjust to the high level of play in the NFL.

10. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Thanks for pointing this out. I will certainly try to omit such negative comments in the future. You are right that starting discussions with the terms you highlighted doesn't really add to the discussion.
    My view is that everyone on this forum are entitled to their own opinion and using comments like these certainly makes it appear I don't value the opinions of those who don't agree with me. That is not the case and I will use your post to try and be more mature in my responses from now on.

Thanks again for pointing out what was obviously some very needless remarks on my part.

keithjackson likes this.
  11. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Is it pathetic that I'm chomping at the bit for the scrimmage today?!

Man...the season is SO CLOSE!

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Agreed..let folks continue trying to argue the logic.

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Season started last week, first game is next Friday..this stuff is all pivotal to what the team will look like.

14. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Preach! Tabernacle! Bethel Baptist!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

15. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Actually this forum is overrun by members who complain about other members more so than talking about football.

16. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Too many question marks and huge factors that could go either way to feel all that confident one way or the other. It's fun to guess but we don't know sh-- as of right now.

Ryan Tannehill- will he make that year 3 stride into the second tier of top nfl QBs? I think so
    OL- Could it possibly be worse? As far as PB I think we will improve drastically, the RB to me still seems suspect.
    LB- this unit was atrocious last season, reports are Misi has been working his *** off to fill the MLB void, but who really knows.
    DB- Can Coyle get the most out of Delmas and Finnegan? If so it can be a solid unit.
    RB- I'm on the Lamar Miller breaks out bandwagon, I have little faith in Knoshown.
    WR/TE- Can Clay build on that great season? Or did he overachieve? Is Landry the real deal? Is Tanny to Wallace gonna thrive?

Hard to predict most of these issues, the only unit I have 100% confidence in is the DL....especially when Dion comes back.

I have faith in Lazor to evolve our offense and QB into a better unit than we saw in 2013, my pre-preseason prediction is 10-6 Wild Card.

17. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    One thing is for certain...

Your sig is obnoxious as hell!

JDelenne likes this.
  18. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    What is wrong with representing your home state?

19. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    nothing, some are just still bitter

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  20. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Thats not true at all..god I wish people here would stop making generic characterizations about others.

Shhhhh..just take it.

djphinfan likes this.
  21. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Nothing at all. But you're flying your flag on a Miami Dolphins website. You know what you're doing. But you're welcome to do whatever you please.

22. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I appreciate your permission, hopefully your anus heals soon so you can stay on topic. :up:

Stitches likes this.
  23. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    So more or less, people get off on the misfortune of others?

:shifty:

24. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Na, if Bron was from Idaho....I really wouldn't give 2 craps.

Aqua is right, almost every team has a lot of questions that still need answered. Some rosters are better equipped than others but for the most part the gap is a small one. Parity is alive.

25. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

If Tannehill takes the same jump from year two into year three that he did from year one into year two...we will be a playoff team with no other parts improved IMO.

If the line also improves a decent amount we will win a playoff game.

Disnardo and mcdave21 like this.
  26. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

I think a lot will fall on the defense aswell, we simply can not have LB play like we did last season. The secondary could go either way IMO.

27. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i know its pretty early, but after a week of camp the rookie class has played a good role imo

James - has played RT all offseason and of course at camp after struggling against wake early on, the reports that wake
    beat him have slimmed down and the starting oline didn't give up a sack, although not many snaps against the 1s, the real test will come this coming friday at the falcons ( how cool does that sound....THIS COMING FRIDAY !! )

Landry - has been everything we could have hoped, hasn't disappeared after the pads came on, excited to see him this coming friday

Turner - not heard much early in camp , can't remember if it was philbin or benton who said that he has to work on understanding the concepts of leverage, but all of a sudden he took snaps away from dallas thomas at RG and even started the scrimmage, will be interesting to see if he is still starting on monday, many think shelly smith would take over at RG but i would rather see him at LG

walt aikens - has been moved to S, thats all the news he is making so far

arthur lynch - not much about him either

jordan tripp - has slowly climbed up the last few days , made a huge play at the scrimmage with a ff, fr and 73 yard return for the score, freeny has been but on notice

matt hazel - has been praised for his route running in college, hasnt transpired to the pros yet, got knocked out with a concussion

terrence fede - one of the most mentioned rookie at camp, makes a play every practice, excited to finally see him play on friday

i would say so far the picks look solid for hickey (UDFA not even mentioned), would have loved to see what we could have gotten with hindsight instead of aikens and lynch

77FinFan and cuchulainn like this.
  28. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    <---- Optimistic Homer. I have visions of our guys who have caught 7 total nfl passes going deep on a 50 yard bomb, taking it to the house.

29. PhinFan1968

<--- True, all-weather, Dolphins fan. IMHO, the only way you can be a "homer" is if you don't see any weaknesses or see them but completely discount them in the spirit of optimism. I tend to lean on the positives and focus my attention that way. I see the weaknesses, and I don't discount, them, I just don't sweat 'em or harp on 'em...I can't do anything to change them.

vt you're a fan...not a "homer."

30. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    I think you have to add guys like Gator Hoskins and Anthony Johnson to the equation. Johnson in particular. He should have been drafted.

31. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    well i tend to wait a little more on them, they are UDFA's after all, johnson is injured at the moment and i haven't heard from hoskins for some time.

32. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I read some about Walt Aikens being really aggressive and showing some promise on special teams.

SICK and Alex13 like this.
  33. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I feel like we will see better LB play. Though I do have to say...Coyle may be great in the secondary but I feel like he isn't very good at LBs.

Last year we had three guys with very specific skill sets and tried to jam them into a scheme that didn't fit their strengths. If we do that again it could be trouble. Part of it may just be Coyle thinking they were versatile enough to adjust their style however I think we can agree....he was wrong on that.

34. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I just listened to Conjemi state that Walt Aikens is the guy that has " really" stood out to him, says this guy is big and fast, and is improving, also Madison chimed in with similar thoughts, says he's been watching the rookie and is impressive, and should be a force to be recon with on special teams, Madison loves his versatility.

77FinFan likes this.
  35. PhinFan1968

Not to sound "blind homer"ish...but if Sam likes him, so do I.

36. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I think they've literally said that about every rookie. I don't think that's an exaggeration. I think they have said about every single rookie that this guy "really" stood out to them. Every one.

37. PhinFan1968

Really seems to me that Hickey has laid a decent foundation for keeping the team young and stocked with talent. Time will tell, of course, but this seems a much better rookie class than last year's, from not only an upside standpoint, but injuries, potential for immediate production, and excitability.

38. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I can differentiate between what it is your referring to and what it is I'm saying, if it was the same old sh@& like you said, I wouldn't of posted it.

39. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Good news is that Mike Wallace and Matt Moore are back practicing. Bad news:

@JamesWalkerNFL 5m #Dolphins TE Charles Clay (knee), QB Pat Devlin (hammy) and K Caleb Sturgis (groin) are expected to miss multiple practices.

Satele is starting center.

[​IMG]

@GregLikens 14m 1st team offensive line: LT Albert, LG Colledge, C Satele, RG DThomas, RT James #Dolphins

40. Deerless Dice

Deerless Dice Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 30, 2013
    So who are the 9 lineman making the roster? Albert, Colledge, Satele, Smith, James, Fox, Turner, Garner, Thomas? With Pouncey starting on PUP, of course