1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Training Camp 2014

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan40, Jul 24, 2014.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Sample size may be small, but I'd argue it's a very good representation of the population.

Bpk likes this.
  2. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
  3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Que?

Pretty sure most fans would be happy with such a haul, especially given the depth we're currently showing. I like Hartline a lot, but I don't find him to be dynamic or irreplaceable.

cuchulainn, gilv13 and Fin D like this.
  4. pdaj

pdaj Well-Known Member

Were any O-line reports provided from practice today? Smith still starting at RG? Turner getting significant reps at LG?

5. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
  6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Wait, what?

How does the mother ****er end up hurting his left knee when he can't even practice???

Bpk and SICK like this.
  7. Brasfin

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    Looking at the tweets now, but haven't seen anything about OL the starters so far.

8. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I saw it earlier, Shelley still at RG first string. Dunno about Turner.

9. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    They still have him working out and rehabbing...

10. Brasfin

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    Curious to see how he does in a game, hopefully he plays this Saturday...

Omar Kelly
    @OmarKelly
    3 min

I've been really impressed with Knowshon Moreno's ability as a running. You don't see it often. BUT when you see it, YOU SEE IT.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly 2 min
    Hands down it isn't debatable. Knowshon Moreno is the Dolphins best running back WHEN HEALTHY. @chrisperk is right. Only a matter of time.

Omar Kelly
    @OmarKelly
    2 min

If Lamar Miller wants to keep the starting job he's presently in possession of he needs to do a better job running between tackles.

Bpk likes this.
  11. Brasfin

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    The beat writers didn't focus much on OL today, strangely.

12. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Doesn't have to be a knee injury.

ChrisKo likes this.
  13. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Where else would the sleeve be on his leg?

14. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    If Mike Pouncey is conscious, there is a good chance he is doing something stupid.

Aqua4Ever04, Bpk and 77FinFan like this.
  15. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Haven't seen another report about Pouncey on Twitter other than Omar's.

Several tweets about Clay doing well and expected to play against the Cowboys.

ckparrothead likes this.
  16. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I'm eagerly anticipating that. The tight end has an opportunity to be big in this offense. I'd like to start seeing if Clay brings something needle-moving to the table. He might.

17. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Multiple tweets about him making two really good catches , with the wide outs , the new offense , and CC , there should be a lot of pressure all over the field for opposing defenses , now just to get that deep element going as well. I expect to see at least two shots down the field this week.

18. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Yeah, that is all he ever did. :huh:

19. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    While this gave me a hearty laugh, your hate for Pouncey is a little extreme my man.

20. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Could be thigh or calf. They have sleeves for either and full length ones.

21. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007

The three guys behind them are no joke man.

cuchulainn and Bpk like this.
  22. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    He's a go come regular season, Charlie is ballin, offense is gonna be a full strength...were gonna cut people up real nice.

Hmmm..

Chris McCain ballin today..

I'd like to see mike Thomas get some reps next to Delmas..I guess we'll have to give jimmy his shot, but if he poops on the field against Dallas, I wouldn't mind seeing a rotation at least, after all, mike Thomas made two great plays against Brady in very clutch situations, without any prep.

23. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Jimmy just needs a few more Evans tackles to play his way to the bench.

That s*** was so embarrassing...Grimes saved his ***.

24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I had Dion and Sheldon even, so to get either one I was good with, but this move with the weight and not using his like he was in college was a complete blindside..

25. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    mike evans will do this to a lot more defenders this season, the missed tackle was bad but we are probably talking about going against OROY, i think it was good that it happened to show him that bad tackling on an island will probably cost us points, if he is doing this again its a problem

26. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    he had another just like against sefarian Jenkins, same exact hit, just got lucky Jenkins went down.

Anyways here are some tweets you twats.

Courtesy of Daytona fin

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?356376-Practice-tweets-8-20

Real positive practice, I don't know why we need to play our starters so long, I'm not down with the philosophy anymore, just let the question marks battle it out..rest your sure things..

Id totally go against the grain..

Sure as hell don't want to put any of our offense on film, if I'm Lazor, you will see nothing but scheme 101 with no read option or motion, just man to man stuff.

MrClean and Alex13 like this.
  27. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    He did it again already, check out the hit against sefarian Jenkins, same exa

he did it again, checkout the hit against sefarian Jenkins, same exact hit..just so happens the dud went down.

28. A13OVEAVERAGE

A13OVEAVERAGE Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Frostproof, FL
    [​IMG]

I don't think he's making the 53 man roster, but dude has some hops.. holy crap!

29. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i think that was before the evans miss, so he maybe thought he can get aways with this

30. MrClean

There was no real tackle attempt at all. He just tried to throw his shoulder into Evans and bounced off like a sparrow hitting the windshield of a car at 60 mph. Two words for you Jimmy Wilson. WRAP. and, UP

cdz12250 and Ophinerated like this.
  31. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

He's better than people want to admit, but not quite top ten imo. He'll end up ranking somewhere from 25-30, imo.

[EDIT: Actually on second thought, if he plays another 5 years he could creep up to just outside the top ten... like 11th-15th range. Even so, it's with very passing-game friendly rules and hardly fair to compare to guys like Don Maynard, Isaac Bruce, Cris Carter and others who did it when the game wasn't as pass friendly as today)

djphinfan likes this.
  32. MrClean

ASJ wasn't moving like Evans was. He'd also just made a catch for a pretty nice gain, and after Wilson knocks him down, he does that hammer gesture. Yeah Jimmy, you really lowered the hammer on him, but you let him make the catch too. That game was his chance to show he has the goods to start, and far as I'm concerned he totally crapped the bed. I'd be fine with them starting Thomas, Kovacs, or even Aikens rather than Jimmy No Wrap Up Wilson.

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  33. MrClean

Yeah, it is a testament to the dept at WR this year. If we'd had the 2014 Binns in 2012, he'd have logged significant snaps, but this year he is no better than the 7th WR, and the way Cone has been looking, maybe the 8th.

34. A13OVEAVERAGE

A13OVEAVERAGE Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Frostproof, FL
    If anyone was wondering why they haven't put Turner in with the 1st team at LG, I just saw this..

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2h
    "@phinfan2003: does Billy Turner get a shot w the 1's vs Dallas?"» no. He's battling some medical stuff right now. Put that on pause.

35. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I dont know...Brady wants to play deep into third qtr for Pats..so when u see a guy like that want to get as much work..

36. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I agree...the whole group of starters has no reason to go more than a half. Maybe leave some OL in there, but certainly not all the skill starters, or starting DL/secondary.

37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yeah It's just a complete disagreement on everything that has to do with playing starters to long in meaningless games..

I personally love preseason games, for my enjoyment, but I don't need my starters playing into the third quarter, we could get into reasons if you want to but it's just something I don't feel is necessary, I think players. Like Brady, A Qb, will always love to take reps, but for what really, did you see him last week, he was sharp as a tac, I mean this is what practice is for..their meaningless games that put the main production at risk..

I believe in game 1, two drives, game two, three drives, game three four drives, game four, complete rest..

Look at college VT, where are their preseason games.?... Those kids come out of the gate firin.

Once again, not against preseason, just don't fuc&$ with my starters for too long, get your scheme down in practice, if everyone does the same, then it's an equal playing field.

38. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    This whole dress rehearsal is just a bunch of coaches crap, players want to be healthy, they don't want to go full speed in meaningless games..

39. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl
    They wanna practice halftime adjustments.

40. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Let us keep in mind, do not listen to the "third game does not matter" in the preseason

It does, it is an excellent barometer of how things will start the season off as long as the starters are in there we will have a good idea what to expect in wk #1