1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins undrafted free agents Interesting Information they Are born Leaders..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dgb11112, Apr 25, 2010.

1. dgb11112

dgb11112 Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2008
    Atlanta
    Guys I think this speaks well for what the FO is looking at and how they evaluate

Dolphins undrafted free agents
    Posted by Josh Alper on April 25, 2010 9:37 AM ET
    The Miami Dolphins seemed to place an emphasis on leadership during the draft. Seven of the eight players they selected were named captains of their college teams in 2009.

That trend continued when they started signing undrafted free agents. Cornerback Ross Weaver only made one start for Michigan State, but he was one of four co-captains selected by his teammates during his senior season. Weaver had an interception and forced a fumble in the Alamo Bowl loss to Texas Tech.

The other Dolphins undrafted free agent signees are Travis Ivey, DT, Maryland; AJ Wallace, CB, Penn State; Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke; Roberto Wallace, WR, SDSU; Jonathan Amaya, DB, Nevada and Marlon Moore, WR, Fresno State.

www.rotoworld.com

MedicCaneGolfer, GISH and Fin like this.
  2. fastball83

fastball83 Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    did you think oghobaase could a big prize and make the team and be our NT in the future ?

3. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    He's a 3-4 DE. Yes he's a prize.

4. princekong2

princekong2 New Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Wow we have alot of Natural Born Leaders on our team

I Hope the Saying "too many chiefs and not enough indians" doesnt come around and bite us in the butt

5. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    I think having guys like that is always good to have, not just for their leadership but because they tend to also be easier to coach up.

But that also doesn't make them fool-proof. A guy like Pat White, for instance, is a high character guy with a terrific work ethic, yet is struggling to make it as an NFL player.

Over time, the question about this draft may be about whether we were too conservative and got a bunch of solid, if unspectacular players and possibly wound up overlooking a terrific player or two because he didn't fully meet the criteria.

6. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    One thing I also noticed about our UDFAs is that they all seem to have injury issues.