1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins vrs Jets official game thread!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Damn the trolling on both sides of this Tannehill argument is starting to get overboard. There is literally not a rational argument on either side of the argument, just generalization, hyperbole, and plain insults flying around.

mnfinfan and brandon27 like this.
  2. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    I agree, Ryan is a humble, honest, hardworking dude...but when there are phins here talking about drafts and trading him....I have to be extra zealous. That's how it works man, don't you know?

3. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Tannehill loves playing in the Garbagelands... last 2 games there we have won 53-12 combined.

Ronnie Bass likes this.
  4. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I've noticed that, since I've been here longer than just last month. One can support RT and still admit he needs to improve on his deep throws, and his pocket awareness.

byroan, cuchulainn, ToddPhin and 2 others like this.
  5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Same people arguing over and over again about the same subject. Take this **** somewhere else. We just BEAT DOWN the Jets in Jersey. Let us ****ing enjoy it!

I'm still PUMPED UP!

ElNino, mnfinfan, mroz and 3 others like this.
  6. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    yup that big 6'5 270 ex military wuss would be lucky to escape alive. :unsure:

7. Griese's Glasses

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    It's not even about Ryan. This dude just hates how I gave THill props for the win and called him our franchise QB. I have nothing against anybody.

8. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area

root beer through the nose does not feel good…

MrClean likes this.
  9. Buckeyetroop

Buckeyetroop Active Member

Sep 27, 2010
    I can't imagine why I rarely post here.

10. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    They got screwed or shot themselves in the foot?

11. Griese's Glasses

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    You might need to be able to read and comprehend at the 4th grade level to know that i've never been a blind follower. Just saying.

Honestly this is about painting me as a fluff, calling me out as a dimwit etc... Just because you have been here longer is no excuse to act like an ignorant, elitist a**hole.

12. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    You should stop encouraging him. He is trolling hard the other way, and him being a Tannehill supporter before does not justify the level of irrationality he is displaying in this particular argument.

Both these guys have taken their argument to whole other level, and it's carried over from last week. They should both cool it down, it has become annoying.

Hiruma78 likes this.
  13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Like wtf to is your deal man.?

What is it that your mad at? Are you pissed off because some folks criticize the Qb?... I'm not following your anger?

14. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Exactly. It's getting ridiculous. People are acting like this is their own child here, taking things way to seriously. We beat the low life jests today. Enjoy it. We beat them because our QB, and WR's made plays. We could have beaten them worse also had they executed better and made more plays.

You're both right... so who cares. We won, just enjoy it for today. Debate the plays tomorrow when they can actually be reviewed and broken down better.

Just enjoy kicking the crap out of the Jets.

On that note, my wife is cooking me some dinner with pork tenderloin, blueberry sauce of some sort, and it smells badass, so im out!

15. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    thank you for being a voice of reason.

16. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i cannot wait to see the jets again in miami.

mnfinfan likes this.
  17. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Since Gibson's injury, the middle of the field has not been used quite as effectively. Miss his play.

You know, now that I think about it, it goes to show the lack of "plug and play" (if you will) on players waiting behind starters. Other teams seem not to struggle, system-wise, as much when key players are lost. Imagine if Keller and Gibson were still in there this year? I think we see a more dynamic offense.

Injuries happen, but I just wonder how much more efficient Miami could have been this year....

bran likes this.
  18. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    No bacon = no badass meal.

cuchulainn likes this.
  19. Griese's Glasses

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    No anger man, go back and see how this started before getting involved.

20. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Wallace was faulted for a lack of effort on the INT where Tannehill was hit as he threw, but Wallace had a decent game overall. Tannehill also missed a wide open Clay in the EZ and he did the same thing on another 4th and 1 where he under threw Hartline who had nothing but field in front of him. Some of it is that the OLine can't sustain blocks, but Tannehill has to start anticipating those throws and leading the WRs a little better.

Still, all in all, a great win for us and some nice improvement in the blocking and running.

MrClean likes this.
  21. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I see how that works, and I understand that very well trust me, but you're obnoxiously lumping everyone together who criticizes Tannehill rather than isolating the irrational acting ones. When you call open Tannehill fans like myself, haters, just b/c we offer up some occasional criticism, you're gonna start ostracizing yourself. You haven't been here long enough to know who is or isn't irrationally hating on Tannehill or does it every other post, so I'd recommend not assuming EVERY critical Tannehill comment is a biased one. Just my 2 cents. Might make life a little easier here.

mroz, MrClean and Ronnie Bass like this.
  22. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    No way dude. That gets your Tannehill man card revoked. :shifty:

bran likes this.
  23. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    did she sear the meat first?

siciliansith likes this.
  24. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    the clay throw is a tough one on 4th and 1 it is not a give me, that throw fails more time than it succeeds which is why on 4th and 1 i do not understand calling it, why not try a bootleg or have a running back try to jump over the top instead of clay.

definitely agree with the hartline throw, tannehill had him and missed. tannehill is improving and i think some work this offseason will definitely do him some good. totally agree about the blocking and running. the dolphins need to work on the running game, it is a piece that has been sorely missed in most games.

also like seeing tannehill use his legs, he should do that more as well.

cuchulainn likes this.
  25. Griese's Glasses

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON

Whatever you say man. I don't remember addressing anyone specifically, yeah, I made a couple of troll posts to counter balance Thill hate but I never addressed you and called you a Tannehill hater. Boy this Tannehill username was such a bad idea and you've proven that for me. Might actually be taken seriously if my username Shulaman72 or something.

But yeah. Really disappointed in the moderation around here as a side note.

26. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    We won mutha truckers!!!

My teams beat a hated rival in back to back days, i love life and hell...even kb21!

27. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Matt Moore should start.

Ozzy, ToddPhin and siciliansith like this.
  28. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Agreed... Tannehill had 2 rushes for 23 yards and picked up 1st downs. Wished he had been doing that to extend drives all season. So much about this team is so frustrating...

bran likes this.
  29. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Nah, can spot passrushing talent, the rest of it not so much.

And do not listen to OmarK

30. Griese's Glasses

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    How is this different from what you guys are chewing me up about?....you have to be joking at this point...

31. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    He was joking, and you keep taking the bait... let it go and enjoy the win.

ToddPhin and bran like this.
  32. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Dude you are freaking ridiculous… Your hate for Wallace really is becoming asinine. Tannehill left plays on the field that had NOTHING to do with Wallace. He AGAIN under threw a deep pass (not to Wallace). Then he over threw a wide open Clay in the end zone.

I thought Tannehill played one of his better games but then again so did Wallace (as a Dolphin), Hartline and Clay

33. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    In the 6 full games Gibson played in he had 42 targets (7 per game), 29 rec (4.83 per game) for 322 yds (53.7 per game) and 2 TDs.

In the 5 full games since Gibson's injury Matthews has 32 targets (6.4 per game), 22 rec (4.4 per game) for 219 yds (43.8 per game) and 2 TDs.

You could argue the drop in production is simply a matter of Gibson being the better player (hence him starting in front of Matthews), but I think those numbers are pretty darn even. You lose half a target and half a reception per game, plus 10 yds a game. I don't see that as a big drop personally.

MrClean, brandon27, ToddPhin and 2 others like this.
  34. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Why? We are 6-6 and have an advantage over SD due to head to head tie breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i think tannehill and wallace are starting to get some chemistry going, would have liked to see wallace go up and fight for that pick though, that is the only real gripe i have with wallace today, he also looked like he blocked pretty well today.

36. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Right after all the completed games, Tannehill had the 4th best passing day and Hartline had the 4th best receiving day. Nice...

37. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Leonard Larwrance of Arabia!?!?

ToddPhin likes this.
  38. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    but it's not Shulaman72. You specifically chose "Tannehill" and "The Evil Ryan Tannehill" for a reason. And even if you did choose something different, my response would still be the same when you bash objective fans for criticizing our QB. The only difference is your profile name and quote make it that much easier to identify your agenda.

.... and I wouldn't have an issue with you if you didn't try to dismiss my brief Tannehill criticism as being biased or me being a hater. A couple of your troll posts were toward me, and if you didn't just show up last month you'd know how grossly false that is on your part. Perhaps you should take a tour through the 2012 draft thread to see who was or wasn't an advocate of drafting Tannehill b/c I know for a fact you weren't among it. Here's a glimpse [the date is from Nov 2011].
    Clearly I was wrong about him starting from day 1, but you can see how silly you look as a new person coming into this site and immediately and arrogantly begin blindly bashing others just b/c you're too lazy to figure out which posters have an agenda and which ones are acting objectively. As a new person you owe it to the site's integrity to back off people until you actually know what's what. I might be pretty outspoken now after being here four and a half years [that's my nature, can't help it] but I spent my first year respectfully learning the posters, their habits, and trying to develop relationships rather than actively trying to make enemies.

MrClean likes this.
  39. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    - Wife woke me up to have sex.
    - We finally had a chance to go my favorite breakfast diner.
    - Dolphins won.......
    - .......by crushing the Jets.

Best day ever.

40. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Did you get Moons Over My Hammy or did Denny's have a special?

SICK likes this.