1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins vs. The Field

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Fg for a fg. All good.

2. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Lot of fun watching 49ers/Saints and Denver whipping Houston.

TD # 4 Denver. Yeah!

3. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Yikes 38 to 3. Gooo Titans!

4. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    The Cards look helpless versus the Steelers today. It's early, so I'm still hoping for an upset.

5. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Come on Cards and Titans. Keep the dream alive

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    We are currently sitting at #3 and we play the Giants next whos at #2. Another win can have a 6-8 spot effect..

7. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Missed last week but here we go again with week 15 here.

Current standings:

upload_2019-12-11_0-25-55.png

Relevant games this week:

Bengals host the Patriots
    Giants host the Dolphins
    Redskins host the Eagles
    49ers host the Falcons
    Lions host the Buccaneers
    Cardinals host the Browns
    Raiders host the Jags

Predictions?
    The Bengals aren't beating the Patriots. Not now Belichick has the launch codes. :D
    The Dolphins will beat the Giants. See how hard it is to be bad? Some teams just seem to have it in their DNA. Flores is looking to coach up winners. We might well end up seriously owning these guys.
    Redskins over Eagles? It's possible but I don't think likely. Eagles win.
    Niners over Falcons is a gimme.
    Buccaneers are on a roll. Easy to call this one for Tampa...but maybe an upset here. I'll risk it - Lions win.
    Cardinals have been bad lately, but the Browns are inconsistent. I'm torn. I want to call Cardinals...but will the Browns out talent them? Browns win.
    Lastly, the Raiders have to earn the win over the Jags at home....right? Feels like maybe not but I'll roll with it. Raiders win.

Predicted standings after this week:
    1 - Bengals 1-13
    2 - Giants 2-12
    3 - Redskins 3-11
    4 - Cardinals 3-10-1
    5 - Jags 4-10
    6 - Miami 4-10
    7 - Falcons 4-10
    8 - Lions 4-9-1

8. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado

That's depressing. Redskins D gives them a chance. Raiders and Jags are both floundering.
    Lions are a great team ATS. Who tanks more, Giants or Phins? Giants.

Titans all the way. Take over their division.
    Let's go Jills. Steelers have to lose right?

9. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Would be nice to see the Steelers miss the playoffs. Same for the Texans, but hard to see that as a reality.

10. Deus ex dolphin

Dec 2, 2007
    Predictions?
    The Bengals have a slight chance being at home, but Pats will win it.
    The Dolphins are 50/50 with the Giants. If Fitzmagic turns in a Fitztragic performance we get the L. A win will kill our draft position.
    Skins over Eagles? Division game and motivation to ruin Eagles season. Skins win.
    Niners over Falcons is 99% certain. Only injuries to key players would be an issue for the 49ers coming out of a win here.
    Buccaneers have to face a tough home team in the Lions. Lions win by a FG.
    Cardinals should lose this game, but the Browns love to stumble in games they should win. Browns by a FG.
    Raiders lose to the Jags thanks to some Mishnew magic.

This Giants game is the last game I think the Phins should be favored to win. Will Parker be out? I'd hold him out to avoid another concussion in any event. A lack of weapons will make it tough to move the ball on the Giants. Getting Eli a win in one of his last home games in NYC means the refs will be reviewing Dolphin plays left and right. So, Giants by a FG.

11. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Bills and Titans wins will pit the Steelers and Texans for the final spot. With still games to play so that can change. I doubt both miss the playoffs as that would likely require the Colts or Raiders to essentially run the table. I'll still root for it every weekend

12. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    In that scenario, we should likely root for the Steelers to make it over the Texans. They have a weaker overall team with a severe limit at QB. They are in their position mostly due to a horrendously weak schedule and crazy turnover luck. Hard not to see them getting dispatched pretty quickly in the wild card round. The Texans lack consistency, but they have the talent and QB to go on a run and beat anyone.

13. Cashvillesent

Cashvillesent A female Tannehill fan

Dec 8, 2019
    I agree. Hopkins is probably the best WRs in the league. I have a bad feeling we wont be able to contain him. Our secondary is all injured. Butler is out, Adoore is out, Logan is the only CB thats left as a starter.

14. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Let's go Titans

15. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Well...how about Redskins and Lions?!!

16. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Even though the Redskins lost, that was a good game because Haskins is liked by the owner and he played quite well today meaning there's much less of a chance the Redskins will take a QB. Too bad Cinci lost. It's not impossible for us to get the #1 pick given that we play Cinci and NE and they play the Browns to end the season, but it's certainly more likely they'll get their pick of the litter at QB = Burrows.

Not sure what Giants have planned with Jones, but losing today helped us a bit in case they want a QB.

17. Deus ex dolphin

Dec 2, 2007
    Well, the Giants and Redskins play each other next weekend, a tie and a Miami loss to the Bengals would be great for draft position. Most likely we move up one spot as the winner of their game drops.

18. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Go redskins... and then go giants in week 17

19. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Falcons just beat the Niners, lol.

20. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Good.. a win puts us at 6 at worse..

21. Deus ex dolphin

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami moved up to pick #3, with identical stats to Washington, so I guess the head-to-head loss gives us the tie breaker? A Giants win over the Redskins next weekend might be the best result for Miami, as we'd move up to #2.

Also good that the Jags and Cards won, to move them down a bit more.

22. BucksFinsfan

BucksFinsfan New Member

Nov 25, 2019
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...ers-take-qbs-on-day-2-steelers-start-with-rb/

My understanding is the first tie breaker is SOS, which is asinine but the good thing is we play the Bungles who will bring ours down and might catch Washington anyway, especially if they beat the Giants. We would be looking at pick number two and my dream draft would be in the fold. Here's my scenario.
    We pick #2, Chase Young.
    Pick #22, OLine. (Alex Leatherwood is currently projected in the Mock.)
    Pick #25 Oline or QB if one is available that fits our system. (OL Austin Jackson is currently projected)
    Burrow and Herbert are the only 2 QBs in the mock I'm looking at in first round. That leaves Tua, Hurts and other options if they want to.
    Pick #35 Oline or QB. (iOL Tyler Biadasz is currently projected)
    These projected picks would be freaking awesome for this draft and any QB that grows behind those guys, might just have a long career. Current Oline is terrifying
    Dolphins add Jonathan Taylor in the 3rd round. I mean, come on. If this guy is there at this pick and the Phins pick him behind the other projected guys, we've hit the freaking jackpot.

Why I love this draft style is if the Dolphins love Taylor Lawrence or Justin Fields in next years draft, they have enough picks to package with the one next year to trade up and get them. Having this kind of Oline/Dline improvement with a year of experience under their belt would be ideal in my opinion. Hey, but what do I know? :ffic:

Striking likes this.
  23. Deus ex dolphin

Dec 2, 2007
    Bills beat the Steelers and help our draft pick. Plus, if they beat the Pats next week, the Pats have to beat Miami to win the division. I think the Pats would need to beat Miami anyway as they would be trying to move past the Chefs for the second seed and a bye week.

In other words, the #2 pick with a loss to the Bengals is very possible and even the #1 pick would be on the line when the Bengals host the Browns (who seem to be checking out on the season).

BucksFinsfan likes this.
  24. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Hard to cheer for the Bills, but they clearly were going to the playoffs regardless, so I was hoping for them tonight. Keeping Pitt out of the playoffs will help us immensely - we really need the Titans to step up in the final weeks here. Hopefully the Texans get wiped out in the WC round.

Do you just not think Tua is elite? Or are you discounting due to injury? Taylor lasting till round 3 is a pipe dream, dude is a beast and the best RB in the draft imo, would be sweet to see him at that spot in round 3 but hard to imagine.

25. BucksFinsfan

BucksFinsfan New Member

Nov 25, 2019
    I don't. I think Tua is very good but he has an advantage of sensational receivers at Bama and when he has to run, which he's excellent at, he puts himself in harms way. He doesnt have the shiftiness or the top end speed Jackson has (hell no one does, even Mike Vick said that.) IF he is healthy I'd say early round 2 would be his grade which puts him in line with us if thats what we want.

It's always won in the trenches. We used to have the best Oline in football and a pretty good QB #13. Then the Offense sucked and we had the best D in the league with numerous HOF's. Always been the problem in Miami, at least since the 90's. We have to get those lines back and the skill players will come.

I probably agree with you on Taylor not being there since the RB position has not been a priority in the NFL for some time now but Travis Etienne or JK Dobbins just might so any one of those 3 would be fantastic.

26. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    That would be a dream draft. Only thing I would change would be taking one of those linebackers at 25ish to pair with Young.

BucksFinsfan likes this.
  27. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Week 16 incoming and it's going to be a significant one since the top 4 draft teams this week all play one another...

Current draft standings:

upload_2019-12-19_10-41-38.png

(After the top 6 there are another 6 teams at 5-9)

Relevant games this week:

Dolphins host Bengals
    Redskins host the Giants
    Denver host Detroit
    Seattle host Arizona

Predictions:

Dolphins play the Bengals and in what would have been a shocker at the start of the season, the Bengals are just worse than the Dolphins. Even with Dalton in the driver's seat they've not managed to do any better in putting points on the board, and what's more Green won't be back this season. I really don't see the Bengals winning any more games. Dolphins win.

Redskins vs Giants is trickier. Daniel Jones vs. Dwayne Haskins. Redskins are showing slight glimmers of life and the Giants seemed like they were on a downward trajectory. It's a home game for Washington, they're coming in off a heart breaking loss to the Eagles (so may be fired up to win at home against a weaker Giants team) but... they still stink. I think the wider perspective prevails. Giants win.

Denver fans have been on a roller-coaster. One week they put up numbers, the next they're almost shut out. Detroit haven't been much better. I'll give this one to the home team, but it clearly could go either way. Broncos win.

Lastly, Seahawks over the Cardinals? Yup. Easy call.

Predicted Standings after this week:

Bengals 1-14
    Redskins 3-12
    Detroit 3-11-1
    Giants 4-11
    Dolphins 4-11
    Arizona 4-10-1

That's one possible outcome, anyway. It's a volatile week.

28. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I actually think the Bengals might win our game. They may not have much talent but neither do we. If it was in Cinci I'd say Bengals all the way, but being in Miami I can see us pulling out a win.

I'm thinking Giants come out on top vs the Redskins.

29. Deus ex dolphin

Dec 2, 2007
    The Bengals do have a decent pass rush, so Fitz is going to take some hits. It's a coin flip kind of game to me. The same applies to the Giants and Redskins, another coin flip. A tie game between them would be perfect for Miami as we'd jump both teams with a loss, while we only move up to #2 if the Giants beat Washington.

A very significant weekend for the Phins.

30. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Phins vs Bengals. Looking forward to another fg game as neither team tries to win.

I'd give the edge to the Skins here. Jones has been awful if he indeed starting.

Detroit...ats. And hope they win it..

Root on the Bus and Titans. I'd be nice to at least get the Steelers sitting home and the Texans on the road for the playoffs.

31. BucksFinsfan

BucksFinsfan New Member

Nov 25, 2019
    My God how awesome would it be if we fumbled ourselves into that first pick?!?!?

32. Deus ex dolphin

Dec 2, 2007
    So, three NFL games today. Go Bucs, the Texans need another loss. Go Bills (the lesser of two evils) you can knock the Pats down into the Wild Card round. I don't think the Rams-49ers game has an effect on Miami.

33. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Lol jameis first pass today is a pick six.. thats 4 ints in the last 5 opening drives for jameis.. god bless the team that pays that guy this offseason

34. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    And another int at the second possession that couldve been a pick six if it wasnt for a blindside block

35. Deus ex dolphin

Dec 2, 2007
    And another pick, that would have been a TD but for a blindside block. I don't think we are getting any help from the Bucs today.

Bucs held them to a FG. Only down 10.

36. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    5 turnovers, 3 INT’s by Jameis in the first half and the Bucs are tied eith the Texans..

if yall thought Tannehill was polarizing, Jameis is the most difficult to understand.. he makes plays, big plays, against every team in the NFL.. but he also makes boneheaded throws..

37. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Only qb ever to have 450 yards two weeks in a row

38. The Guy

The Guy Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    You can attribute that in large part to Deshaun Watson's passer rating of 48.8 at this point.

39. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    If Will Fuller is a no go next week, the Texans arent going to beat the Titans... that offense is different without him there, he opens up the field for Hopkins and every other receiver is below average including Stills.

40. Deus ex dolphin

Dec 2, 2007
    Bucs made a game of it, but who has the division tie breaker if the Texans and Titans tie? A loss today and a loss next week by the Texans and the Titans should be division winners, right?

Another pick by Winston. Texans win the division.